Toa Voriki

I haven’t made a moc in a while, but after months of blood, sweat, tears, and money, I present to you:

Voriki, Master of Energy

The mask was 3D printed from shapeways, and most of the parts come from Voltix and Chi Razar.

Oh, he also has custom articulated hands, also from shapeways. Thanks to @Kahi for getting me to find these hands on the podcast.

Here’s the back, nothing special really. I tried to cover up most of the exposed parts the best I could, but I’ll probably change some things later on.

His weapon is a staff with a four way electrified tip on top, and the bottom is Voriki’s own original staff blade.

Here he is standing with the 2015 Toa sets, he is slightly taller than them, but I tried to get the overall aesthetic of them for this moc.

Battling out Darth Vader with a green light saber. CURSE YOU LEGO FOR NOT MAKING A MACE WINDU SET!

Well here’s Voriki, my first moc for 2016. Sorry for the bad camera lighting, I haven’t gotten my new lights yet. Anyway, comment on any improvements I can make, and hopefully I can make him better. Thanks!

82 Likes

I’ve got to give you props, because I thought that mask was just badly Photoshopped with that first photo. Then I saw it was 3D printed. That’s pretty amazing.

21 Likes

That mask is the 3D printed version of a poorly photoshopped one.

…why?

8 Likes

thanks,well I wouldn’t have ever found it if you guys didn’t mention shapeways and 3d printing.

3 Likes

This looks pretty cool.

Not only does it depict Voriki as a G2 Toa rather well, it also has some legit hands.

7 Likes

It’s a miracle.

2 Likes

Nah, if he’s gonna make a bad PS, he’d screw up the MOC, but with the 3D printing it looks very very amazing. Looks great, I need a hand (pun strongly intended) in getting those hands :smile:

4 Likes

Simple but effective. I really like the 3d printed mask and hands (I believe that’s one of Leewan’s designs). The neck and shoulders seem a bit awkwardly shaped but nice MOC overall.

3 Likes

I like the usage of the staff bit, never thought I’d see that used for more than pure MoCs of the original photoshop

3 Likes

wow, this totally caught me off guard :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Cool, I like the design of the staff and the hands really add character to him

2 Likes

No offence, but did people actually believe that the old Voriki leak was legit? I mean, that thing clearly wore a poorly photoshopped pakari. Good MOC, though.

4 Likes

I like to believe that everyone was a lot younger then, and having Photoshop wasn’t that common as it is today, maybe that’s why some people fell for it. Bionicle was also only in its second year at the time, and leaks weren’t usually, well, leaked so commonly.

2 Likes

Even so, that thing is clearly a Pakari. Also, those are quite obviously hand drawn lightning bolts. But, I do get your argument.

2 Likes

This is probably the single greatest thing to ever grace my eyeballs in ever…

3 Likes

It’s Voriki, there is no possible way this MOC can be bad.

Regardless though, this actually is a really good looking MOC for what you were going for. Great job!

6 Likes

This is probably one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen. It’s like if I found a bionicle set I never knew existed, and that didn’t fit in with any other bionicles. It kind of makes me scared for lack of a better word. A fear of the unknown. It reminds me of 90’s fantasy stuff, as odd as that is.

3 Likes

A great look into how Voriki can be done well with CCBS. I really like the use of 3D printed parts on this. You make the off shade of purple actually work really well also. I really dig the use of that printed chest plate as well. Overall a really great interpretation of Voriki. I’ve got 0 complaints :grin:

2 Likes

Great Voriki Man, It looks real groovy. but hey that’s just an opinion, a lot of peoples opinions.

I’m Guessing that this is your self MOC @ToaVoriki?

2 Likes

I love this moc

so much

Hail Denmark

7 Likes