Tournament of the Years!

Welcome to the tournament of the years. In this topic I will be creating and comparing bionicle years tournament style by creating polls.

0 voters

Starting with the one above every 3 days a new poll will be opened and one closed. The years that will be facing each other from the beginning are chosen by me for a specific reason which is just something I felt should be that way.

6 Likes

2007 has a singing squid
2001 does not have a singing squid

'Nuff said.

11 Likes

Only voting 2007 because I got more toys from that time and was old enough to remember it.

I have some 2001 sets now, but it is a year I largely look upon as something I missed due to, well, being a literal infant.

5 Likes

Even though 2007 is from my childhood, I appreciate 2001 more, since it was so amazing for its time, and it laid the roadmap for everything to follow.

4 Likes

This seems interesting

4 Likes

i was born in 2007

4 Likes

And so 2007 wins by a good portion.
Yeah 2007s sets are better but I was still expecting more votes for 2001

0 voters

Anyway next face off!

5 Likes

Well, neither year had anything quite like the singing squid…
But 2008 had Solek
'Nuff said.

6 Likes

I vote 2008, since 2009 had a really bad movie compared to the other promos previous years had.

4 Likes

Partial to '08 because the MU is my stomping grounds

4 Likes

With 13 votes 2008 is the winner.

0 voters

I think this is going to have an obvious winner but still have to give 2005 a chance.

3 Likes

2010 is the obvious winner, seeing as it is one of the Golden years.

get it, because golden armor? Please laugh

7 Likes

ha ha ha

6 Likes

2005 wins to my total surprise.

0 voters

Now time for an interesting one.

3 Likes

This one’s hard. I started with the inika, but the metru are some of the best sets in my opinion. Although, I think the Piraka are better villain sets than the vahki, so that might just rip the scales for me.

4 Likes

2004 for me. The aesthetic of the sets, as well as the Metru Nui graphics, was superior to that of 06. The primary plot didn’t consume all media like in 06; 04 had plenty of side missions at an easy pace. 06 Was a mission, 04 was an adventure.

Plus introduction of the Metru head, dogbone sockets, standardized high articulation, more disc types, and opening the lore door for the wider universe. 04 built everything 06 was dependent on

6 Likes

Those are all great points, and I agree that 2004 helped make 2006 what it was for sure. And Like I said, 2004 was a great year for bionicle, it really was. And to be honest, it’s basically a toss up between the two for me on which one is my favorite.

4 Likes

This one’s close, I don’t why but I have always been partial to 2006. I guess the colors I found more appealing.

4 Likes

2006 Actually won.

0 voters

I didn’t really
know what to do with these two so here ya go.

4 Likes

Bohrokbohrokbohrokbohrokbohrokbohrokbohrok

I endorse 2002

6 Likes