Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

Axis was stunned, but only for a moment. Having lived with a lightning breathing predacon for as long as she has, she had become accustomed to the occasional blinding flash or deafening bang. She shook her head to clear her senses, and quickly ran for the copter bot.

When he regained his sight, he would see a furious Prime pointing her blade at his throat.
“Can you hear me?”
She asked in a very aggressive and demanding tone.

Nova, still hiding behind on Cargo’s back, was shielded from any effects of the flash. Her helmet however could only do so much to negate the bang.

“Careful you idiot! I’m still back here!”
Nova shouted. Mostly in anger, though also to hear herself over the ringing in her ears.

Niko also wasted no time in firing at the predacon.

2 Likes

Scrap scrap scrap scrap scrap

Conjoint peered around the cover as Snowblind went flying directly into the path of the figure with the chainsaw arm. I want a chainsaw arm.

That chainsaw arm would undoubtedly be the first thing to meet her extended leg. He began to move around the cover- No, if I rush out there now I’ll get gunned down. I’m about as subtle in appearance as-

Don’t wait now, MOVE!!

Conjoint screeched out from around the cover, making as fast as he could towards the terrorist bot with the funky arm. There was no way he would outpace the grappling Snowblind, but he hopefully wouldn’t be too far behind.

Alright, now all I have to do is not think about how I don’t have a plan until I’m up there. I wish I was drunk right now.

2 Likes

(@MaxinePrimal )

“Axis Prime, need some help?” Firestorm asks.

1 Like

The war robot approached the captain. “Pardon the interruption, Officer. I was sent here to help. What’s the situation?”

1 Like

With the terrorists currently incapacitated, now would be as good a time as any to attempt to evacuate the hostages. Or it would be a perfect opportunity to strike at the terrorists while they were on the backfoot.

“We’ve got seven hostiles, armed and with thirty hostages at their mercy,” the captain tells XM-333. “One of Axis’s people just threw a flashbang, and its got the hostiles stunned right now. You want to help, now’s your chance.”

Stonefist would be able to tell from his radar that most of the terrorists were not moving, stunned as they are from the flash grenade. Several new entities have entered the area- likely more of our heroes come to fight them.

Snowblind rams head-on into Loader as the shots fired from Tokamak’s blaster strike him in his feet. The terrorist is thrown off his feet and falls onto his back. He shakes his head to dispel the disorienting effects of the flash grenade, then swipes at Snowblind’s torso with his chainsaw.

The plasma bolts strike the predacon’s armor, causing it to glow orange as it begins to melt in small patches on the beast’s legs and flanks. The predacon once again anchors himself and fires off another shell from his mortar cannon, but he is still disoriented from the flash grenade; the shell flies into a building near Niko and Roaster, exploding after it sails through the window.

The copter-bot looks up the blade of Axis’s sword and into the glaring eyes of the Prime, his own optics wide with fear. He only nods shakily in reply to her.

2 Likes

AW SCRAP NO

Wheeling closer, Conjoint popped up off a step in the floor and sent a Conjoint Patented Spinning-Wheel-Hand Super Dive Double Punch towards the collapsed Loader, not really considering how little that would actually do to the bot - only considering how it would distract him to see the rainbow-colored red-eyed crouching man Approach at high speed and then attempt to ram him in the air.

Only, he might miss.

What if he miss? Would he just end up falling on him? Worse, on his evil saw arm? He was in the process of taking a swing at Snowblind; would he land mid-attack and lose his arm?

Well, I can’t change my mind now. I’m already mid-lunge.

3 Likes

She tumbles to the ground beside him, giving her goggles a quick smack as she waits for them to reorient. They clear just in time to highlight the chainsaw swinging right at her. Ah scrap-

She rolls away, wincing as the chainsaw skims her forearm. I’ll have to have Brakeline fix that up later. Mid-roll she kicks off, bouncing back onto her feet, towline held loosely in her good hand. Towing the murderer away might not be a good option, but-

Oh. Okay.

1 Like

Hmm, could these be more terrorists? Stonefist wonders. He mentally shakes his head. Right now I should be getting out of the way while I can. To do so, the rocky bot activates his anti-gravity devices and slowly floats away, taking shelter next to a nearby wall.

Meanwhile, Aralysa had largely recovered from the blast, being a bit further away from it than her friend Stonefist. She was still a bit disoriented, but she could see again, and it appeared that many of the terrorists had been incapacitated by the grenade as well. After doing a brief check of her systems to make sure nothing major was damaged, Aralysa starts scanning the skies for more drones to destroy.

Firestorm immediately divebombs to get the hostages away from the hostiles.

2 Likes

“Then you will tell me everything you know!”
Axis growled.
“Who you are, who you work for, what they want, everything! Cooperate willingly and I can promise you’ll live to see tomorrow. But if you make things difficult I will not hesitate to remove your head from your shoulders! Do you understand?”

In the predacon’s moment of disorientation, Niko charged forward. Ferrex lunged at the terrorist beast, claws outstretched. Aiming to land on the attacker and dig his teeth and claws into them.

1 Like

With too many combatants near Loader, Tokamak changes targets. He tries to find which of the terrorists would have the clearest shot. The drone commander would be nice, but any bot not covered by too many fighters would do. This time, after he locks on, Tokamak only fires two shots. They once again race and swerve around to try and hit their target in the ankles.

Following the shell, Roaster is happy that it wasn’t going to hit her. Until it hit the building and exploded. Her mouth was agape and then clammed into a scowl, refocusing back on the predacon.

“Stop that!” She yells at him.

She takes aim again, but Ferrex charged into the dragon. If she can get any shot on the predacon without hitting Ferrex, then she does so. Once again, firing two shots as before.

2 Likes

“Sorry!” Cargo shouts. “Are you able to see enough to point me in a direction? I’m still recovering from that!”

2 Likes

Nova climbed up on to Cargo’s shoulder and took a look around.
“All the bad guys seem to be down and out from that stunt of yours! We should be good to move forward!”
She said, still having to raise her voice a bit just to hear herself.

1 Like

“Excellent! Thanks!” Cargo says as he begins moving forwards, towards the hostages.

1 Like

They nodded, their optic focusing in the direction of the hostiles. “On it.”

XM-333 charged towards the direction of the hostiles.

1 Like

Most of the hostages are still stunned from the flash grenade, but a few particularly brave ones are taking this opportunity to make a run for it.

Unfortunately for Conjoint, his patented punch puts him in the path of Loader’s chainsaw, placing the junkion in jeopardy. Unless he could dodge the swing at the last second, he’s likely to suffer great damage to his arm.

The remaining three drones are still lying motionless on the ground, but indicator lights on their surfaces flicker from green to blue as their systems reset. However, the green-armored terrorist, recovering now from the effects of the flash grenade, lunges at Aralysa and tries to jump atop the turret of her tank form.

The copter-bot opens his mouth to speak, but at that moment, behind Axis, the terrorist leader regains his balance. Eager to test his mettle against the Prime of Cybertron, he transforms his right arm into a plasma cannon and shoots at Axis’s back.

If Tokamak is targeting terrorists currently not engaged in close combat, he likely settles on Turnpike- the small red bot with the laser rifle. When the blaster bolts strike his feet, they lift the terrorist off his feet; he falls onto the ground, face-first.

Roaster shoots the predacon in the right flank, causing more of the armor in that location to melt away and exposing some of the enemy’s internal mechanisms. Pushing through the searing pain, he retracts his artillery cannon and pounces at Ferrex just as the mikesu mech pounces at him. The two mechanical beasts meet in a storm of flailing claws and gnashing teeth.

With the hostiles no longer shooting out at the surrounding environment- either stunned or locked in battle with other fighters- many police advance behind XM-333. Ironclad also draws his sword and joins in the charge.

Suddenly, the sky above XM-333 ripples and bends, and a bellatoran gunship materializes overhead. Bristling with weaponry, the craft pivots to place XM-333 in its sights.

[Credit to concept artist Josh Nizzi]

A pair of rail cannons mounted on either side of the cockpit flash with electricity as they each fire a slug down into the street, while Ironclad raises his shield to protect XM-333 from a hail of gunfire coming from a machine gun protruding from the right side of the gunship.

3 Likes

Firestorm practically shoves the hostages towards safety as stun grenades’ effects don’t last too long.

1 Like

XM-333 whipped his left arm up towards the gunship, the 30mm minigun revving up.

A very audible “Whrrrrrrr” could be heard as the barrel began spinning.
After a second, a loud and abrupt “BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT” ripped through the air, as the minigun let loose a burst of rounds towards the gunship.

2 Likes

“Ah!”
Axis shouts in pain as the blast strikes her back. She lurches forward. Her face burning with a look of rage.

She makes a quick slash at the copter bot’s leg, aiming to immobilize him.
“You stay right there. Try run and so help me Primus I will hunt you down!”
She barked.

Axis then turned to face her attacker. Looking him dead in the optics. She took a deep breath in, held it, then let it out. Her face returning to a near perfect calm.

In an instant her body was set ablaze in a mighty flame. She took two running steps forward before fire erupted from her feet, sending her rocketing towards the terrorist leader. Holding the Star Calibur to her side, she slashed at the leader’s body as soon as she was in range.

Ferrex claws and slashes wildly at the predacon’s body, trying to do whatever damage it can. Meanwhile Niko tries to bite his mech’s jaws around the beast’s neck.

1 Like

Wait! She moved-

Unfortunately, it was too late for Conjoint to make any drastic changes. Were he to move the one arm and not take the hit, the saw might hit Snowblind.

Shutting his eyes, he swung the arm of impact directly towards the saw to kill as much of the momentum as he could - hoping the action would leave his remaining Spinning-Wheel-Hand Super Dive Punch In Singular Form uninterrupted on its path to the terrorist’s ugly mug.

This is going to hurt…

2 Likes