Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

“Axis Prime, it’s Firestorm. Need some help?” She hears on the comm.

2 Likes

“One heck of an explosion, eh? Well, at any rate, I asked one of those robots to get me any drink they felt like and then proceeded to not tell me what I got. Could you get me another?”

3 Likes

Snowblind’s aim is true, and the hook catches on one of Loader’s shoulder-panels. Unfortunately, Loader is also much more massive than Snowblind, making it more likely that she will be pulled toward him. He yells in surprise as he is grappled, and whips around to get a look at his attacker.

The green-armored terrorist is unable to evade Stonefist this time- the rocky bot’s punch connects squarely with his face-plate, and it puts him squarely on his back.

The explosive shell hits the drone’s already-weakened shields, and the resulting detonation overloads them and cripples the machine. It drops onto the ground, lifeless.

The fire-wave hits the copter-bot and finally swats him out of the air. He transforms to robot mode as he crashes onto the ground, yelling in fright and in pain as he swats at a small blaze that has erupted in the internal mechanisms of his leg.

Three of Tokamak’s drones may be damaged or destroyed, but the drones completely overlooked the fourth. That one, at least, would remain functional.

The flash grenade sails through the air and hits the human woman square in the chest, knocking her over as her weapon tumbles out of her hands. Luckily for her, her armor protects her from the worst of the impact.

The grenade then detonates, producing a blinding flash of light that briefly engulfs the front entrance to the Hall of Records, as well as a deafening sound like a thunderclap. All of the terrorists are caught within the affected area and are momentarily stunned, clasping their hands over their heads as they are blinded and lose their balance. The commander’s drones are even affected, likely through whatever connection they have with their master- they stop shooting and drop onto the ground.

Unfortunately, many of the hostages are also stunned (though given the grenade’s nature, they are unlikely to suffer any serious harm), and Axis, Stonefist, Aralysa, Argyros Asrar, Windstripe, Machina, and Jade Dragon are also caught in the grenade’s area of affect (@MaxinePrimal @Rukah @Flux). Cargo, Nova, and Snowblind may also be affected, depending on their proximity (@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @rainsong)

The officer in charge was a four-eyed police captain who had taken position at the edge of the scene with other officers and Knights of Cybertron- including Ironclad, who had held himself back when the terrorist leader had first threatened to kill the hostages. At present, the captain was speaking to a velocitronian bot.

The police captain looks on, horrified, as Loader runs one of the hostages through. But then, a grappling hook of some kind seems to come out of nowhere and latch onto his armor, distracting the terrorist. Then, a bounty hunter fighting alongside Axis tosses a flash grenade into the terrorist’s midst, briefly stunning them all.

“Change of plans,” the captain then says to Tokamak. “Looks like we’ve got an opening. If that blaster’s as good as you say it is, then let 'er rip!”

The shell strikes where Roaster and Niko had been just a moment before; fortunately for them, their speedy retreat would keep them from being injured in the subsequent explosion.

“Sorry about that,” Maccadam says. “I’ll get it for you- free of charge.”

From outside, gunfire and yet more explosions rumble through the walls of the tavern.

“What is going on out there?” Maccadam wonders, his eyes narrowing.

1 Like

Cargo squints his digital eyes and grunts, disoriented, though not disabled. “Sorry!” he calls out. That has a lot more power than I remember it having… It had been a while since his last combat. “Can we clear the hostages? Can anyone see?”

2 Likes

Kitai rushes to the building,and looks for survivors,along with the ones responsible,hoping to catch them off guard.

1 Like

Stonefist smiles grimly, stepping towards the downed terrorist, intending to deliver a sharp kick. However, before he can advance on his score

a flash grenade detonates in the midst of the fighting, temporarily blinding Stonefist. He lets out a roar of pain, with it sounding even more like a rockslide than the gray-armored transformer’s laughter. He staggers around blindly, unable to get his optics to focus. To protect himself, he transforms back into his rocky alt mode and activates his sonar devices to get a feeling of where he was without sight.

Meanwhile, Aralysa shouted in victory, having finally downed the annoying drone with her cannon’s shell. She was about to search for more drones to target, but then a flash grenade detonates, blinding her just like her friend Stonefist. She turns away from the light but is still affected, for she is stunned.

4 Likes

The drone continues its route of circling the area, trying to distract what combatants it can. It will continue to do this for several minutes and then return to Tokamak.

Wasting no time, Tokamak takes aim and locks onto Loader. He fires three shots in rapid succession, which race across the ground with a vroom-like noise. They swerve around debris and bots in attempts to strike their target in the ankles.

The explosion still jolts Roaster, almost tripping her up, but keeps running. Realizing she’s alive, she slows down with a stupid smile. While doing so, the hatch to her backup opens up, she bends and reaches back, catching the blaster as it falls out. The hatch closes and Roaster comes to a stop, turning to face their attacker. She tries to spot the dragon, who was hopefully dazed as well from the flashbang, and takes aim.

“Oven’s preheated, it’s time to bake!”

With thermal blaster in both hands, she fires two shots at the predacon. Trying to hit the body as that was the bigger and easier target.

5 Likes

Firestorm begins circling, looking for a good spot to get the drop on the hostiles and get the hostages to safety.

1 Like

Snowblind rolls with it, letting her towline pull her into a flying kick at the terrorist’s face-

-and right into the path of the flashbang. She grips her eyes with one hand, hoping her momentum carries her true.

1 Like

Axis was stunned, but only for a moment. Having lived with a lightning breathing predacon for as long as she has, she had become accustomed to the occasional blinding flash or deafening bang. She shook her head to clear her senses, and quickly ran for the copter bot.

When he regained his sight, he would see a furious Prime pointing her blade at his throat.
“Can you hear me?”
She asked in a very aggressive and demanding tone.

Nova, still hiding behind on Cargo’s back, was shielded from any effects of the flash. Her helmet however could only do so much to negate the bang.

“Careful you idiot! I’m still back here!”
Nova shouted. Mostly in anger, though also to hear herself over the ringing in her ears.

Niko also wasted no time in firing at the predacon.

2 Likes

Scrap scrap scrap scrap scrap

Conjoint peered around the cover as Snowblind went flying directly into the path of the figure with the chainsaw arm. I want a chainsaw arm.

That chainsaw arm would undoubtedly be the first thing to meet her extended leg. He began to move around the cover- No, if I rush out there now I’ll get gunned down. I’m about as subtle in appearance as-

Don’t wait now, MOVE!!

Conjoint screeched out from around the cover, making as fast as he could towards the terrorist bot with the funky arm. There was no way he would outpace the grappling Snowblind, but he hopefully wouldn’t be too far behind.

Alright, now all I have to do is not think about how I don’t have a plan until I’m up there. I wish I was drunk right now.

2 Likes

(@MaxinePrimal )

“Axis Prime, need some help?” Firestorm asks.

1 Like

The war robot approached the captain. “Pardon the interruption, Officer. I was sent here to help. What’s the situation?”

1 Like

With the terrorists currently incapacitated, now would be as good a time as any to attempt to evacuate the hostages. Or it would be a perfect opportunity to strike at the terrorists while they were on the backfoot.

“We’ve got seven hostiles, armed and with thirty hostages at their mercy,” the captain tells XM-333. “One of Axis’s people just threw a flashbang, and its got the hostiles stunned right now. You want to help, now’s your chance.”

Stonefist would be able to tell from his radar that most of the terrorists were not moving, stunned as they are from the flash grenade. Several new entities have entered the area- likely more of our heroes come to fight them.

Snowblind rams head-on into Loader as the shots fired from Tokamak’s blaster strike him in his feet. The terrorist is thrown off his feet and falls onto his back. He shakes his head to dispel the disorienting effects of the flash grenade, then swipes at Snowblind’s torso with his chainsaw.

The plasma bolts strike the predacon’s armor, causing it to glow orange as it begins to melt in small patches on the beast’s legs and flanks. The predacon once again anchors himself and fires off another shell from his mortar cannon, but he is still disoriented from the flash grenade; the shell flies into a building near Niko and Roaster, exploding after it sails through the window.

The copter-bot looks up the blade of Axis’s sword and into the glaring eyes of the Prime, his own optics wide with fear. He only nods shakily in reply to her.

2 Likes

AW SCRAP NO

Wheeling closer, Conjoint popped up off a step in the floor and sent a Conjoint Patented Spinning-Wheel-Hand Super Dive Double Punch towards the collapsed Loader, not really considering how little that would actually do to the bot - only considering how it would distract him to see the rainbow-colored red-eyed crouching man Approach at high speed and then attempt to ram him in the air.

Only, he might miss.

What if he miss? Would he just end up falling on him? Worse, on his evil saw arm? He was in the process of taking a swing at Snowblind; would he land mid-attack and lose his arm?

Well, I can’t change my mind now. I’m already mid-lunge.

3 Likes

She tumbles to the ground beside him, giving her goggles a quick smack as she waits for them to reorient. They clear just in time to highlight the chainsaw swinging right at her. Ah scrap-

She rolls away, wincing as the chainsaw skims her forearm. I’ll have to have Brakeline fix that up later. Mid-roll she kicks off, bouncing back onto her feet, towline held loosely in her good hand. Towing the murderer away might not be a good option, but-

Oh. Okay.

1 Like

Hmm, could these be more terrorists? Stonefist wonders. He mentally shakes his head. Right now I should be getting out of the way while I can. To do so, the rocky bot activates his anti-gravity devices and slowly floats away, taking shelter next to a nearby wall.

Meanwhile, Aralysa had largely recovered from the blast, being a bit further away from it than her friend Stonefist. She was still a bit disoriented, but she could see again, and it appeared that many of the terrorists had been incapacitated by the grenade as well. After doing a brief check of her systems to make sure nothing major was damaged, Aralysa starts scanning the skies for more drones to destroy.

Firestorm immediately divebombs to get the hostages away from the hostiles.

2 Likes

“Then you will tell me everything you know!”
Axis growled.
“Who you are, who you work for, what they want, everything! Cooperate willingly and I can promise you’ll live to see tomorrow. But if you make things difficult I will not hesitate to remove your head from your shoulders! Do you understand?”

In the predacon’s moment of disorientation, Niko charged forward. Ferrex lunged at the terrorist beast, claws outstretched. Aiming to land on the attacker and dig his teeth and claws into them.

1 Like

With too many combatants near Loader, Tokamak changes targets. He tries to find which of the terrorists would have the clearest shot. The drone commander would be nice, but any bot not covered by too many fighters would do. This time, after he locks on, Tokamak only fires two shots. They once again race and swerve around to try and hit their target in the ankles.

Following the shell, Roaster is happy that it wasn’t going to hit her. Until it hit the building and exploded. Her mouth was agape and then clammed into a scowl, refocusing back on the predacon.

“Stop that!” She yells at him.

She takes aim again, but Ferrex charged into the dragon. If she can get any shot on the predacon without hitting Ferrex, then she does so. Once again, firing two shots as before.

2 Likes