Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

Maximus looked to see if there was any label on the broken container, or failing that, what was kept around it, to give him an idea of what was taken.

1 Like

Roaster blinks a couple times and then giggles lightly.

She puts away her blaster and says, “Shouldn’t I be asking you that? I was here for the party yesterday. Same as you?”

“Not a bit! At least it wasn’t a direct hit. Must be like hitting a freight train.” Tokamak replies, playing along.

“Thanks for the repairs…What’s your name friend? I’m Tokamak.”

1 Like

“Yeah. Figured it’d be a great place to show off my talents and look for people to join my bad. I’d say it all went over pretty well.”
Niko replied happily.

1 Like

“So it was you singing!” Roaster exclaims and then looks at his mech and back at Niko. Yup, certainly made a lot more sense why kitties were involved.

“It was nice. Any luck on finding bandmates?”

1 Like

Conjoint is able to flee the scene without being discovered. The paramedics would just assume that Loader’s left forearm had been destroyed in the fighting, and patch up the remaining upper arm.

The display had a holographic label, conveniently enough. The projector appears to have taken a stray shot from a plasma weapon, but blue text still flashes intermittently within the shattered glass:

A316: Journal of Sentinel Prime

“Nice meeting you, Tokamak,” the doctor says. “I’m Patchwork.”

2 Likes

Recognizing her novel reaction, Cargo’s eyes glint warmly as he walks. “You saved a man’s life today. You’ve done more than just ‘help.’” It felt good, acting as a hero again. He felt as if he had been waiting a while for it.

3 Likes

“Very well Wilhemina, I am sorry to inform you that there is little more I can do for you right now, as you refuse to let me administer aid, and it seems the local law enforcement is here. However, if you will work with me, I might be able to pull some strings. Will you do that?”

1 Like

“What kind of ‘strings’?” the woman asks, the edge in her voice dropping perhaps just a little.

1 Like

“That sounds like a good idea to me.” Stonefist rumbles. He gestures for Aralysa to hand Axis the case, and the purple-and blue-armored Cybertronian does so, making sure not to break its ancient contents.
“Now it appears the only issue left is to figure out why they stole the case…” Aralysa’s sentence trails off as she ponders the statement.

“Oh, so you must have heard me earlier when I was singing for my grandad. Yeah, no luck yet. Still just me. But I’m still not giving up. I know I’ll get the band I want eventually if I just stick to it.”
Niko replied.

“Well aren’t you ominous.”
Maximus commented to himself. With that he lifted up the nearby body, and grabbed the other one outside the restricted section, and walked out to tell Axis what he had discovered.

“So… this is what it feels like to be a hero then?”
Nova asked with a smile.
“I gotta say, its pretty nice.”

As Axis took the case from the two, Maximus came walking out of the Hall of Records with a body under each arm.

“Well I figured out what they tried to take.”
He said as he walked up to the three.
“Whatever it is, its called the Journal of Sentinel Prime. No idea what it is, but if they wanted it so badly, I doubt its anything good.”

1 Like

“I’m a private eye ma’am, but at one point I was a government eye. I know some folks that can help you out, if you help them out, get me?”

1 Like

“Same to you. Hopefully it will be under better circumstances next time. Good luck with the others.” Tokamak says and goes around looking for the remains of his other drones. Collecting them to salvage what he can to rebuild or make replacements later.

“So if you’re looking for bandmates, what made you jump into this mess?” Roaster asked.

1 Like

“No, definitely not.” Aralysa replied. “If they were willing to go to those lengths, I doubt they would’ve needed it for benevolent purposes.”
Stonefist smirked.
“Good thing we stopped them, then.” The rocky bot cracks a smile and chuckles again, recalling the satisfying feel of his fist against the green-armored terrorist’s face. “Well,” Stonefist continues, “I’d say our work here is done.” Aralysa nods in agreement and glances at the ruined parts of the Hall of Records, a forlorn expression on her face.
“So much for a nice trip into the past.”

1 Like

Cargo beams. “Yes, it is.”

As they speak, a shape appears behind them, climbing over the rubble placed there.

“Behold,” a proud voice booms, “the champion!”

Zipline stands heroically, spinning twin swords around in his hands.

“Zip?” Cargo gawks. “Where have you been?”

Zip smirks. “I have slain the great beast! The day is won!”

"What beast?"

“The massive dragon that was just over there,” Zip says, gesturing to the building behind them. “It was just behind the Hall of Records, you probably didn’t see it.”

Cargo raises a brow. “Really?”

Zip sheathes his blades on his back. “Of course, I always-” His eyes lock onto Nova, and grow wide.

4 Likes

Now in a darker corner of the city, just barely able to visually observe the goings-on around the library, Conjoint wheeled silently along, the spare forearm pressed between his bicep and his side, furiously working at ditching the scrapped arm so he could move on to attaching the next one.

And yet I can’t truly rush this. Go too fast and the energon valves don’t close properly, and there goes another bunch of energon. The amount I’ve already lost is making me ill; no point in losing any more.

Two clicks sounded off from Conjoint’s arm. Ahh, there we go. Then it’s the main valve, nerve connectors, outer socket, inner socket, primary coupler, then detach, and then it’s another five hours to hook the other one up.

I hate this.

2 Likes

“Well at first I just wanted to see what was going on. But then when I got here, I guess I was just compelled to do the right thing.”
Niko replied.

Axis nodded to them both.
“Well, thank you for bringing this to me. I’ll do what I can to investigate this further.”

Nova smirked and tried to hold back a laugh.
“This a friend of yours?”
She asked Cargo.

1 Like

At this, the armored woman becomes more cooperative. She relaxes her posture, wincing as another stab of pain shot through her.

“Alright,” she says. “You’ve got yourself a deal, mister private eye. What do you want to know?”

Patchwork goes back to treating the hostages the terrorists had threatened, many of them having been injured in the bombing that began the attack.

1 Like

“You’re very much welcome. Always amuses me to bash a few heads.” Stonefist replies, then gestures with his rocky hand towards Aralysa. “Come on, let’s go see more of Iacon.”
“Alright then, I guess we’ll be leaving.” the Hecatan bot says, waving goodbye to Axis Prime and Maximus. “I’ve got to show this old lump around the city.” She giggles as she finishes her statement, and Stonefist gives her a long-suffering look, and grunts, but clearly he’s not serious, and the two head off.

With the two headed off, Axis looks to find a quiet and secluded place nearby. A place where she wasn’t likely to be bothered.

Once such a place was found she sat down on the ground. She took a deep breath in, waited a moment, then let it out. With her nerves at ease she tried to reach into the Matrix, and contact the lingering spirit of Alpha Trion.

Maximus meanwhile looked for someone who could properly take care of the bodies he had found.

@Chromeharpoon

3 Likes

Axis’s surroundings do not seem to change- the city and the people around her remain as they are. However, a pink and purple cybertronian is now sitting beside her, sporting a long white beard made of fiberoptic cables. Patterns of yellow light scrawl over his armor, forming ancient cybertronian glyphs on his arms and legs.

“Good morning, Axis,” Alpha Trion says with a light smile. “Anything I can help you with?”

Any one of the medics on the scene could probably take the bodies off Maximus’s hands. The predacon might also see the four-eyed police captain storming through the rubble by the entrance to the Hall of Records, looking very irate.

3 Likes