Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

LD-L1 turned to Axis “My Lady, i believe that is your cue.”

Ivory does not de-prime his weapon, but he does lower it, less… immediately threatening.

2 Likes

Defender stares in shock at the hologram. He feels a terrifying feeling that the dead Prime knows of his disappearance, and why he is no longer an servant of the Prime.

2 Likes

Firestorm looks at the group, “I think Axis will need to have a word with Sentinel about this.” He says.

2 Likes

Maximus, Niko, Nova, and Honeycomb all turned to watch the hologram in silence and awe. Completely captivated by Sentinel’s final message.

Axis was much the same. Her spark resonated with Sentinel’s words. She felt as if every time she saw him or read his words, she couldn’t decide if she felt anger or sympathy.

His final words particularly stuck with her.
"if there is one among you worthy of the Matrix once more, they may find me within the talisman.”

“Find you in the talisman? Well we’ll see about that. You had better pick up this time.”
Axis said aloud.

“Alright everyone, give me some space. I have a date with the dead.”
With that the Prime looked within the Matrix once more and tried to summon the lingering Spirit of Sentinel Prime.
@Chromeharpoon

3 Likes

Within the crowd around our heroes, the grey-and-purple Follower falls to his knees, muttering old prayers under his breath as the hologram of Sentinel Prime speaks.

Defender may soon get a chance to address his anxieties in a way he may not have expected…

A point of blue-white light appears above Axis’s chest, and a wave of energy pulses from its core, traveling over the necropolis. The cavern lights up as if the darkness within it has been somehow dispelled, and ghostly figures appear by the graves of the old Primes. Some of these shades bear the appearance of the Matrix-bearers as they appeared in life long ago, while others appear as their corroded corpses. No matter where they are in the necropolis, these ghosts turn their gaze toward Sentinel’s grave and our heroes.

The Angelicon stewards gasp and look around in a mixture of fright and awe- nothing like this has ever occurred within the Tomb of the Primes before. The tourists begin snapping pictures and taking video recordings like mad, and the black-suited blond woman seen earlier types into her tablet with an increased ferocity.

“Oh, wow,” the human Jethro Darby breathes, taking in the ethereal sight around him. “Don’t see anything like this anywhere in human space…”

The spirit of Sentinel Prime appears beside the hologram generated by the journal, with his shield over his left arm and his double-bladed sword across his back. His expression is stern and not very welcoming.

“I made that recording more than twenty million five thousand years ago now,” he says, looking over at his holographic self. Like the other spirits now manifested within the Tomb, all of our heroes can see, hear, and presumably interact with him. “Much has changed since that time- for the better, in many ways, I am glad to see. But less so in others.”

2 Likes

LD-L1 took note of his brother or sister falling to their knees, but otherwise paid them no immediate heed. LD-L1 was currently on a mission alongside the Lady herself, no need to scrape the floor for now. Any sort of laison with his fellow will have to wait until the matrix and those within it had said their piece.

3 Likes

Seraphicon definitely shows a sense of reverence to the past Primes entombed here and keeps respectfully quiet.

Firestorm had to do everything he could to keep Dark quiet given the severity of the moment.

1 Like

“Ghosts! By the Allfather there are so many ghosts. Holy crap.”
Nova exclaimed as she frantically looked around, completely unsure how to handle the situation. Or how to handle herself for that matter.

Axis looked at the apparition of Sentinel Prime, looking him right in the eyes. Still conflicted over sorrowful sympathy or scornful anger. But the moment she saw his face, and his unwelcoming expression, she had made up her mind.

“You… You! Have you any idea how much trouble you’ve caused me? Do you even know why I’m here? There was an attack on the sacred hall of records three days ago. A violent group of mercenaries broke in with the express purpose of steeling your journal. Innocent people lost their lives in the process. Then on our way here we were attacked again. Someone wants this journal of yours, and it can’t be for anything good. I have been in a panic for days! Worrying about the safety of my people. Primus only knows who or what is trying to get that journal, or what they want to do with it. Cybertron may very well be in terrible danger yet again, and I have no idea how to prepare for it! All I wanted was a simple conversation from one Prime to another. So that I may understand what threats are at my door. Just so I know what to expect. Not an unreasonable request by any means! But when I reach out, what do I get? NOTHING! Instead you force me to go on this- this wild hunt! Wasting my time and putting who knows how many more lives in danger!”
The Prime furious. Glowing embers floated out of her feathers as she ranted at Sentinel’s spirit. Her voice loud enough for everyone in the necropolis to hear.

3 Likes

Seraphicon moves to take initiative and turns to the Angelicon stewards, “I think the guests need to be diverted, this may be a private matter between Axis and the other Primes.” He tells them. (@Chromeharpoon )

2 Likes

Stopgap glanced down at the… Ugh, what was that thing and why was it so squishy looking? “Looks to me like you’re the one who’s lost. now why don’t you scurry along before you hurt yourself with that thing?”

“My true name would certainly corrode your feeble mortal processor, however the name this body has been assigned…” He gestured to himself “Is Stopgap.”

2 Likes

“These, my fine overgrown friend, are Energon tipped micro-missiles, so I suggest you act a bit more friendly-like before I get tired of hearing you yap.”

3 Likes

The other Follower continues to prostrate himself, paying no heed to LD-L1, either.

“Perhaps you are right,” the black-and-white Angelicon agrees, and he then addresses the excited crowd of visitors:

“Your attention, everyone,” he says calmly, his voice raised just enough to carry over the crowd, “The Tomb of the Primes is now closed to visitors. Please vacate the premises in an orderly manner.”

The visitors seem inclined to comply with the order, putting away their devices and slowly beginning to retreat toward the entrance to the necropolis. The grey-and-purple Follower cultist has to be nudged by an Angelicon steward before he is convinced into leaving, but he picks himself up off the ground and trudges away, bowing his head reverently as he walks among the ghosts.

Some of the spirits turn their heads and watch the tourists as they leave the Tomb, while others study their own corpses beside them. One, a female Junkion with neon marking spray-painted onto her armor, winces at the sight of her remains.

Specters of the Thirteen are present, as well- sans Liege Maximo, of course, and Optimus Prime appears much more tangible than the rest. Nova Prime’s ghost can also be seen brooding alone in a secluded part of the cavern.

The spirit of Sentinel Prime takes a step toward Axis. Despite being a spectral apparition, there is a dull thud as his foot falls on the floor.

“You endanger a great many lives yourself, chasing buried treasures that you are not yet worthy to have,” he says. “I had hoped that, should the Matrix choose another host, it would select a mature and intelligent leader to carry it. But what I have seen of your time as its bearer leaves me wanting.”

“I would prefer to avoid a violent confrontation,” Overgrowth warns Stopgap, Ivory, and Oreo. It is obvious to the Knight that Stopgap is not in his right mind, though she hasn’t yet decided whether he is truly dangerous or not. As well, she does not recognize the human man entering with rocket launcher at the ready.

“And who are you?” she asks of Ivory, turning her head to look at him.

4 Likes

“Ivory, P.I., I was working with the Prime on the Journal case before her Significant Other decided to do something stupid.”

1 Like

Axis opened her mouth to reply, but Maximus was quicker to the punch.

“The hell did you just say?”
The predacon shouted, taking a step forward and standing next to Axis.
“Axis here has already put in way more work then you ever did! She helped stop the Heralds of Unicron. Ramjet and Nemesis Prime are both dead by her hands. And I got the head to prove it! There wouldn’t even be a Cybertron right now if it wasn’t for her. Meanwhile, aren’t you the guy that let the Great slaggin’ War happen? How about you step back and think for a second before you start judging how well she’s preformed on the job.”

Maximus coming to her defense actually allowed Axis to calm down mostly. Her embers faded and she looked to her conjux with a warm smile.
“Thank you darling.”

Honeycomb watched as the current Prime argued with Sentinel’s ghost. She promptly decided this wasn’t really her business and flew off. She would rejoin them after things had cooled down.

That’s when she noticed the ghosts of the 13. Seeing an opportunity that logistically she would never come across again, she decided to fly over to Onyx Prime and introduce herself.

“Um, hello!”
She said a bit nervously as she landed in front of him. A strike of nervous panic hit her spark as she realized she had absolutely no idea what she was going to say.

2 Likes

Defender looks at the shades of former Primes, glancing back and forth between them. He recognizes many, from Optimus Prime to Magnus himself. A chill runs down his back as he realizes himself to be standing in front of every Prime in history. He stands still for a few moments, then stands to attention, saluting Magnus in perfect military fashion.

Razor has retreated to the base of a pillar, where she is now sitting, watching the proceedings with interest.

Oreo disarms his gun, and places his Overcharger on a nearby crate. He walks towards Overgrowth unarmed, trying to look as peaceful as possible.

2 Likes

After hearing the many Voices and seeing the flood of visitors leaving, Kitai decides to head in deeper, and is rewarded:

With a ghost reprimanding Axis. As he looks onward, his heavy footsteps can be heard as he approaches the scene.

3 Likes

Seraphicon gives the mother of all death glares to Nova Prime, but he does have reverence toward the others, especially so towards the Original 13, his gaze settling briefly on Megatronus to see how he was doing.

Firestorm gives a salute to the Original 13 as he spots them.

“With all due respect, Sentinel, were you or even the Thirteen the paragons of maturity when you were young in your tenure as Primes?” Firestorm asks, “again, no thanks offense to anyone.”

“Except for Nova Prime.” Seraphicon mutters under his breath.

3 Likes

Again, hm?” Overgrowth sighs quietly, recalling a few misadventures from the Fetch Quest to Save the Universe.

“Well met, Ivory,” she says to the detective. “Good to have you with us.”

Sentinel grimaces, and his left hand clenches into a fist beneath his shield.

“I hold no illusions as to my failure, Maximus,” he says bitterly, agitated by the Predacon’s scathing rebuttal but forced to admit to himself that he was not wrong. "And you are right, Firestorm, that I was no paragon of our race. The Great War was my failure. I was indecisive, I lacked confidence, and above all, I was ignorant. Having had considerable time to meditate on my shortcomings, I have come to recognize similar qualities within my successor.

“You devalue the contributions of your companions,” he goes on, speaking directly to Axis again. “Without the other relic hunters, you and Maximus would have never left Eukaris, the Reunification would never have come to pass, and Nemesis Prime would have succeeded in his quest for godhood. You are also reckless: you have been quick to employ violence and you have carelessly endangered the lives of bystanders and your own companions. Why should I help you, when I fear that you would misuse the powers that I labored to hide away, as I feared Megatron would? And have any of you considered that, as you work to unravel my conspiracy, you may be leading your new enemy to their objective as well?”

Prima returns Firestorm’s salute just before the Headmaster speaks to Sentinel Prime, brandishing a spectral copy of the Star Saber. Megatronus’s visage has changed greatly since our heroes saw him last. No longer a wraith cloaked in shadow, his spirit now takes on his proper appearance: a huge warrior with heavy black armor over his frame, marked with red and orange veins that burn like magma. The Requiem Blaster is notably absent from his right arm, and he stands close beside the specter of Solus Prime, appearing content.

Nova Prime turns away from Seraphicon’s harsh glare, seeming to retreat into himself. His figure diminishes slightly.

“Hello,” the spirit of Onyx Prime replies calmly, his expression tranquil behind the Triptych Mask. Looking out over the necropolis, he says, “It is not often that we are summoned to this place. I don’t believe that any of us expected this any more than you must have.”

A few of the ghosts of the old Primes watch Kitai as he walks through them. The Thirteen and Aethus Prime, having fought in the Quintesson Wars, no doubt recognize him as a hybrid, but they make no show of hostility toward him.

Magnus Prime eagerly returns the salute, pleased that someone seems to have remembered him.

3 Likes

Axis took a deep breath in to calm herself. She held it for a moment, then let it out.
"Don’t think for even a moment that I don’t value the contributions of my friends. They were the ones that started the quest for the Primal relics after all. While my beloved does like to bolster my accomplishments, I recognize that we would be just as lost without them as we would have been without myself.

"And I know I’m not a perfect Prime. But I’ve been trying my best. All I want is to see the safety of my people, and I’m willing to do whatever it takes to get it. There is so much that I don’t know. That I don’t understand. I still don’t understand why I was chosen. A simple gladiator from Eukaris made to lead an entire civilization. There are still days I wonder why Primus made the choice he did. Why he forced this responsibility upon me when I never wanted it to begin with. But despite that I still have done nothing but my best to uphold it.

"And for everything I dont know, there are some things I do know. I know that billions of souls depend on me to keep them safe. I also know that someone wants whatever it is that you’re hiding. I know that they are violent and persistent. And I fear that they will find a way to find it, one way or another. You may be right, that my actions could be leading my unseen enemy to their goal. But inaction is not an option. If everything turns for the worse because of my doing then that will be my burden to bear.

"But I will not be remembered as the Prime who let the galaxy burn because she was too afraid to try. I may not know what I’m up against. I may not know entirely what I’m doing. But I know that I will never. Stop. Trying. As long as I can do something, anything, I have to try.
Axis began her speech with a cool and collected composure. But the longer she went on more and more emotion cracked through.

Maximus gently laid a hand on her shoulder, and was surprised to feel her trembling.

Nova watched from a bit of a distance away. She was speechless as she watched Axis do her best to stand up to her predecessor.
Odin above… maybe I should be a bit easier on her.
She thought to herself.

“Definitely! I just stopped by the Tomb to do some light research for a story I’m working on. But I definitely wasn’t expecting to see so many ghosts! And I also really wasn’t expecting to-”
She lowered her voice for a moment.
“To get involved I a secret mission.”
She said, pointing a thumb back to Axis and Sentinel.
“I don’t really know what’s going on or what it’s about. But I’m definitely excited to help! Oh, and I’m Honeycomb by the way! I probably should have mentioned that first.”

3 Likes

“Then I ask the Primes assembled here.” Firestorm asks, raising his arms to gesture he was opening the floor to them, “who would be the enemy that Sentinel is so afraid of?”

2 Likes