Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

“Well, here we are.” Aralysa said as they entered the Hall. Many other people were already there, and Stonefist got the idea that he needed to be quiet in this particular building, and so only commented,
“This place is big.” Aralysa nodded at this, then replied,
“Let’s get started on some more recent history.” and headed for that section.

“Hey there again.”

1 Like

Arms slowly lowered and her head ratchets back to Barrage. Her face was rapidly switching emotions, from the initial worry and embarrassed sadness to confusion to a more angry, “are you kidding me?” look.

Paid? Paid well? That’s what you-?!

As she processed this question, her building eruption started to quell. Maybe it was the alcohol finally kicking in, maybe it was just the absurdity of the response. Whatever the cause, Roaster gave building laughter. Laughter that grew lough enough to at least be heard by others before exclaiming.

“Paid?! No, I wasn’t paid! Fifty-nine whole seasons and no compensation. Any support I received was donations.”

Turning to her now empty drink, Roaster looks at the time. By now, the festival was about over. Fetching what currency she has, she leaves it on the counter for both their drinks and gets up.

“Well that could have been more fun. Treat yourself well Barrage and don’t miss out on the party next time.”

With that, Roaster heads out of the bar and tries not to make any eye contact with the other patrons. She just walks off into the night knowing that real life will begin in again in the morning.

4 Likes

A disappointed snarl slowly wormed its way out of Conjoint’s mouth.

“Alright, which one of you is Maccadam?” He sighed, knowing full well if the drink was actually diluted, the owner would definitely never admit it. Weird, I actually remembered the name that time. Maccadam’s. Maccadam’s. Get a normal name.

“I’ve got a comp-”

No, hold on. Conjoint grimaced, his eyes frowning. If you’re going to get any truth out of him, don’t be accusatory. Have him be a pal, then he’ll answer you. Maybe that’s why his drinks are so cheap; 80% basic energon and little else.

Conjoint cleared his throat. “I’ve got a… difficulty.”

2 Likes

Maccadam’s… a familiar name, surprisingly. Well, maybe a name as big as this would be a good place to start.

She slips her goggles down and steps inside, doing a good scan of the room as she slowly walks up to the bar.

She pauses, taking a second to consider the ornery 'bot. Well that’s… strange. She hangs back, opting to watch this play out.

2 Likes

Low-Tide took his hand and pulled the bot in for a hug. His grip was remarkably strong.

Nova cautiously returns the gesture with her mech’s hand, assuming he was going for a handshake.
“Thanks… My name’s Nova.”
She replied.

“Security for a start. Bounty hunting and law enforcement aren’t too terribly dissimilar I’d imagine. I won’t twist your arm or anything, but know that I’ll always be willing to help out an old teammate.”
Axis replied kindly.

Meanwhile Niko had perched himself atop one of the taller towers in Iacon. Standing on the back of Ferrex as he watched the sun rise, he started to play. Not to draw a crowd or show off. This time he just wanted to sing for himself.

3 Likes

Cargo

Cargo shakes it gently. “Pleasure to meet you, Miss Nova.” He examines the mech. “Did you build this contraption yourself?”

Zip

“Hm,” Zip grunts. “Well, I guess you would have to take it up with my agent, but maybe we could figure something out. Fair warning, though, I am a rather expensive hire.”

Graves

Sitting within the STAN-PEDE in a separate alleyway, Graves pulls out a bag of BBQ potato chips and begins munching on them. Slightly stale… Perfect. He stares out of the many monitors surrounding him. Nothing yet… But the day is not done…

6 Likes

XM-333 awkwardly mimicked the gesture, not entirely sure what was happening or what they should do.

4 Likes

“Not exactly, though I probably could build her up from scratch if I needed to.”
Nova replied simply.

Axis smiled and had a gentle laugh.
“I’m sure we could afford you.”

After a few moments Low-Tide let his friend go and took a step back, looking at them with a smile on his face.

“Well, I suppose this is goodbye then dude.”

2 Likes

Cargo

“Oh,” Cargo says. His digital eyes squint. “That’s not… That didn’t used to be one of us, did it?”

Zip

“If you say so, I guess.” Zip shrugs. Ha, those fools! Now I know they’re wealthy, which means I can ask for more! Where’s Cargo?

3 Likes

As Aralysa and Stonefist find themselves an open reading area, one of them might catch a glimpse of a peculiar human in a black hardsuit skulking about. He doesn’t seem to be on any particular errand as he meanders around the ring.

Headcase jolts as Kitai makes his entrance, apparently still spooked from what he had seen the night before.

“Oh! Oh, it’s you again,” he sighs. “Your name was Kitai, wasn’t it?”

Snowblind’s goggles would tell her that many of the patrons here this morning had integrated weapons systems- but that isn’t too rare in cybertronian society. At present, nobody seemed inclined to use one of their weapons, anyway.

Hearing his name being called, Maccadam walks out from behind the bar and over to where Conjoint was seated.

“How can I help?” he asks. “The drones aren’t spouting profanities again, are they? Every time I think I’ve fixed that little bug…”

5 Likes

“Yeah… I need some advice: Who should i tell about it,y’know,me being what i am.”

1 Like

sNRK

“No, not that.” Conjoint chuckled, rubbing his face. “First, let me give you this. Should be exact.” He neatly placed the pile of what he owed on the counter.

“Now,” Conjoint leaned on the counter. “I specifically requested the strongest stuff present here, sir, and well… I’m completely sober. Not even remotely buzzed. I have a working theory on the cause, but, well, I figured I’d ask you first.” There was some level of resignation in his eyes.

“Maybe you’d have some idea. I haven’t exactly been immune to the stuff in the past.”

3 Likes

“Hey, who’s that guy?” Stonefist asked Aralysa quietly. He jerked his metal thumb at the mysterious man. Aralysa sighed.
“It’s probably just a tourist, nobody important.” she replied distractedly, for she was occupied with reading some particularly fascinating history. This didn’t change Stonefist’s attitude, however. As unobtrusively as he could, the rocky bot slowly sidled over to where the man was standing, pretending to be distracted by the historical records as he did so.

1 Like

“Of course. That.” Headcase looks up to the ceiling, clearly a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of speaking with an honest-to-Primus quintesson.

“I’ve been wondering if I should tell anyone, to be honest,” he confesses. “Wherever there are quintessons, interstellar war has always been soon to follow. But you’ve been around for ages, and nothing’s happened. I can only assume that if you were the precursor to a new invasion, it’d have happened already.”

“You’re still sober after a glass of Gorlam Red?” Maccadam asks, his tone a mixture of awe and perhaps stark terror. “Friend, if you’re speaking the truth, I’ve got no idea that could be possible. Rampart of Bellator thought she could guzzle a mug of the stuff, and it put her in stasis lock for three days.”

Strangely, once the two took sight of the human and focused their attention on him, he was no longer anywhere to be seen. It was as if he’d disappeared into thin air…

3 Likes

“Well yeah,but i’m not sure. If those memories are right… i’ve killed alot of people,and im not sure if people would be comfortable knowing a genocidal half quintesson was among them.”

1 Like

Disappointing. At any rate, this Maccadam’s place wasn’t half bad, and it had quite the diverse crowd. Barrage thought he might stick around and see if anything fun would happen.

1 Like

“Where’d he go?” Stonefist muttered bluntly. Aralysa did a double take, but reluctantly tore herself from the chronicles. She knew she had seen something. Stonefist grunted in irritation, and activated the sonar devices in his rocky armor to make sure he wasn’t just a hologram.

Conjoint’s face falls into a saddened smile.

“Well,” He sighed wearily, “I’ve only got myself to blame for that. Lovely place you have here, although I hope you’re not offended if I don’t return, much as I’d like to. This,” He lifted the glass and glared angrily at the bottom of it, “Was my last respite - only thing I had left.”

Setting it down gingerly, he turned to go. “Now the whole world’s upside-down.”

Two seconds later, the whole world was upside-down. Conjoint blinked repeatedly, eyeing his perspective curiously since the floor was now the ceiling, and his head was against it.

“Must’ve slipped on something.” He murmured. The moment he struggled back onto his rear, he placed one foot to get up and was again tasting the dust of Iacon tracked in by the many visitors.

Weird.

3 Likes

Snowblind leans against the counter, watching Conjoint tumble with no shortage of confusion. She had no idea what was going on there. She leans forward to offer her hand, only for the bartender to beat her to it. Instead, she leans against the counter, once again content to let things play out in front of her.

2 Likes