Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

“I didn’t get that good of a look at him, but he didn’t seem to have any weapons. Weapons out in the open, at least.” Stonefist replied to the clerk. “But-”

“What noise?” Aralysa said, confused. She glanced around the building.

1 Like

If she trains her audio receptors, Aralysa would hear a faint beeping noise emanating from one of the open reading areas behind the clerk. It was steadily rising in volume and frequency.

Beep… beep… beep… beep, beep, beep, beep, beepbeepbeepbeepbeep-

Then a fireball erupts from underneath the console, bright and burning red. The blast pushes the clerk forward into Stonefist, and topples one of the giant statues around the ring.

The roar of the explosion outside travels into the interior of the Hall of Records, echoing off the walls. Machina might also hear muffled sounds of gunfire coming from a floor below her.

As if in answer to Argyros’s cries, the explosion at the Hall of Records echoes into the city streets. The citizens around him turn in the direction of the blast- some of them gasp, some scream, and others start to run.

“Pick your poison,” Maccadam says proudly. “I’ve got the largest selection this side of-”

The barkeep’s boast is cut short as a loud BOOM sounds through the walls of the tavern, rattling the bottles of engex behind the bar.

Headcase extends the needles in his right hand, ready to begin the procedure again, but he stops short as, from the window, he sees a plume of fire and smoke rise from the Hall of Records.

6 Likes

“Hold that thought.” Snowblind pushes off the bar and darts outside, shifting into vehicle mode and rushing towards the explosion.

2 Likes

Conjoint grunted, pulling his chin up to the bar to make eye contact with Maccadam. “I’m going to assume I didn’t imagine that.”

It didn’t appear so, as the liquid in the bottles behind the business owner were all rippling from the shock of movement. Could be a trick of the eyes with how drunk I am, OH WAIT I’M NOT. Stupid legs.

Guess not.” Conjoint mumbled as Snowblind bolted.

Alright, revised list of what you know for certain: Junkion is lame, Prime is a stupid name, and if my legs would sober up any time soon, I wouldn’t have to worry about what I’m missing.

4 Likes

“Wait a minute,” Aralysa ponders, “why does that sound like a bomb-”
The rest of her sentence was cut off as

Instinctively, Stonefist reaches out his large hands to catch the clerk, though the force of the explosion still pushes them both back a reasonable distance. Despite this, Stonefist is confident that his thick armor will protect him. The blast also causes one of the giant statues to fall over, and so the gray-armored Cybertronian desparately maneuvers to avoid it. Aralysa isn’t as affected by the blast, but is still hurtled back into a nearby wall.
“I guess it was a bomb.” she comments shakily.

1 Like

No no no no no no no no no no no no! No! Not again! Again!? Machina rose to the ground, spitting, “Frak that!”

The cybertronian ran closer to the origin of the explosion. She ran away once when her home was destroyde, she won’t do it again.

Asrar saw the explosion, his heart dropping. The predacon leaped into the air and flew as fast as he could to the where he saw the explosion. Father… isn’t thiswhat you would wnat of me? To help them?

Jade Dragon felt the rumble from the Hall of Records, and bolted towards the building. He pushed himself to a full sprint and kept it for the entire duration of his run to the building. He did not stop but kept his run when he made it into the building, dodging and dancing around other cybertronians to make it inside.

Couldn’t I at least have one more day off! Windstripe could hear the explosion. He rushed to the to the scene of the crime. Windstripe would make it a few moments after Jade Dragon, as he could see the green cybertronian sprinting inside.

2 Likes

Cargo

Cargo clutches his chest and nods. “Ah, fair. I’m sorry for the suspicion. It appears we all get a bit… nervous. An event such as this, you never know what may-”

That’s when he hears the BOOM.

Zip

When Zip hears the explosion, at first, his eyes widen with surprise. And then, they slowly narrow into a gleam of excitement. He draws two of his wingblades from his back and charges towards the noise.

Graves

“Gah!” he yelps. He pushes at the PEDE’s controls, wiping away the potato chips he had spilt over them. “I knew it! I knew something would happen!” He sends the mech barreling down the streets after the sound.

4 Likes

“What the hell was that!”
Nova exclaimed.

“What was that?”
Maximus said.

“It sounded like it came from the hall of records. We need to investigate it immediately.”
Axis said sternly.

Without another word both Eukarians transformed into their beast modes and flew towards the sound of the explosion. Maximus picking up Zipline along the way.

From atop his high tower perch, Niko could see the explosion at the hall of records.
“Sorry grandad. Seems your encore is gonna have to wait.”
He quickly got back into Ferrex and flew down to investigate.

Upon hearing the explosion, Low-Tide’s first response was to go and see if anyone was hurt, and help out anyway he could.

2 Likes

Cargo

“I’m not sure!” Cargo shouts. He scans the street around him. “I think it came from this way!” He begins to run towards the Hall.

Zip

At first, Zip screams in horror of being picked up, but once he’s realizing he’s riding atop a dragon, he screams with delight.

6 Likes

Oh no. The sound of screams fuels Snowblind, and she pushes herself faster, following them to the site of the explosion.

3 Likes

Roaster looks up above, trying to spot where the music was coming from. It didn’t sound like it was from any of the city’s speaker systems, much too far away. That and what Cybertronian sang about kitties? Couldn’t be many.

As she tried to follow and spot the source, the explosion introduced itself.

BOOM

“Great Scott!” She screeched.

Stabilizing herself, she quickly spins around, trying to determine what in the world just happened. That was no special effect, nor some industrial machine running too close to the city – it was a real explosion. Though just realizing it, she quickly looks up to see if any falling debris was coming her way. While she doesn’t, she just manages to catch a glimpse of the Ferrex flying off.

Wha-what was that? Was it heading for the - only one way to find out!

Roaster races in the direction she saw the mech heading. It was times like this she wished to be a motorcycle or car like most of the other girls. But no, she had to book it the hard way. When Roaster eventually comes within sight of the Hall of Records, the gathering and fleeing crowds made it obvious that must have been the source. She pushes herself to get there faster to find out what’s happening and to potentially spot the Ferrex again.

When the explosion hit, Tokamak looked vaguely towards its origin.

“Did a titan fall over or something?” He asked aloud to any who could hear, mind still processing.

Though seeing a dragon rush up and fly away from the ports, it probably wasn’t that. But what could it be? An explosion? No, surely some accident or weapon misfire. That happens on occasion, especially if bots were drinking so much.

Yet he could feel Motormouth revving up inside. Looking down at his chest for a few seconds, he gave a nod in agreement, transformed, and rushed off to find the source. Even if it was just an accident, someone who could get there fast to help was always good. And he was probably faster than most.

5 Likes

“Don’t nobody move!”

In the ensuing chaos, a large blue cybertronian with plates of heavy armor hanging off his back and shoulders rises to his feet. Another, a smaller red bot, brandishes a laser rifle and sweeps it around the study area.

“Everyone down! Down- or we start shooting!”

Most of the visitors and staff had already taken cover or had been knocked over by the blast, but the red bot’s threat keeps them on the ground. A grey-and-white predacon- apparently allied with the gun-toting thugs, transforms into his beast mode and begins to prowl around the ring, while another bot transforms into an attack helicopter and takes to the air.

A particularly nasty-looking bot takes position alongside the other thugs. Ports slide open along his arms, and four spherical drones fly out from them. They join the helicopter bot in the air, hovering threateningly over the outdoor part of the Hall of Records.

“Nobody get any ideas of attempting any heroics now, alright?” the drone commander snarls to his hostages. “You all stay smart, and stay quiet, and you’ll get out of this in one piece.”

From behind Machina, a door opens. Out it sprint a human woman in white and blue armor and a green-armored cybertronian clutching a black case in one hand- the other was transformed into a plasma rifle.

“Out of the way! Out of the way!” he shouts as he pushes aside frightened clerks and visitors.

The sky seems to ripple and bend over Asrar’s head, as the woosh of an unseen engine roars above the Predacon.

OOC: gotta go again, y’all. Figured I’d finish setting up the scene, at least.

7 Likes

“What’s all this about?!” Stonefist shouts up into the sky gruffly. Aralysa picks herself up from the ground, still recovering from the bomb blast. She notices the threats of the approaching bots, while Stonefist was oblivious. As a result, she goes up to her friend and elbows him fiercely, in an attempt to get him to be quiet. Unfortunately, it isn’t effective.

1 Like

Machina watched for a moment before considering the circumstances. Seeing the black case, struck a cord with her. They were either friend or foe, and it might be best to keep with them to determine what might be in the case.

Machina acted on instinct, rushing towards them. She called, “If you’re protecting history- I will aid you!”

Argyros dove down to avoid the flyer, his mind puzzled of what else was approaching the building from the air.

2 Likes

“Hey wait! Are you sure running towards the danger is a great idea?”
Nova said in a panic as she ran after Cargo.

Maximus and Axis land outside the hall of records soon after. Both take to their robot modes, and Axis retrieves her Star Calibur from subspace.

@Chromeharpoon
Axis looked for the nearest guard or knight.
“I need to know what’s happened here, now!”
She said aggressively.

When Roaster arrives, Ferrex is already there. He prowled around the outside of the building, waiting until he could get a better read on the situation before charging in.

4 Likes

Cargo

“Of course! People could be hurt, or in danger!”

Zip

Zip performs a flip off of Maximus’ back (with some help from his wings), and whips out his net gun from a storage unit on his back.

“Who do I get to zap?!” he asks as a bolt of lightning sparks from his wrist.

Graves

The PEDE mech streams into the site of the chaos and looks around.

5 Likes

“Yeah, and those people could be us! Why put our lives on the line for people we don’t even know?”
Nova replied.

Maximus put a large gauntlet clad hand in front of Zipline.
“Don’t try anything until we know what’s going on. The last thing we need is to run in blind.”
The predacon urged.

3 Likes

Cargo

Cargo shakes his head as he runs. “Because that’s what heroes do, I suppose.”

Zip

Zip rolls his eyes. “Running in blind is the only thing I know how to do! If you think about it, not running in blind for me is like, well, running in blind! This is new territory for me!”

5 Likes

Nova froze. Those words echoed in her head. With adrenaline already pumping through her body, her mind flashed back to old memories.

After a moment she was able to shake her head and clear her mind.
“Odin give me strength.”
She grumbled under her breath.

“If you’re a hero, then I guess that makes me an idiot!”
She shouted as she ran to catch up with Cargo.

“We’ll make our move once we know what’s going on. And I refuse to let you charge in on your own.”
Axis said sternly.

4 Likes

Cargo

“That’s a perfectly fine thing to be,” Cargo says. “I’m used to being followed by an idiot.”

Zip

Zip’s eyes glow slightly brighter, like they do before he’s about to say something he thinks is cool.

“Then don’t,” he says in a slightly lower tone than usual. He walks around Maximus’ hand and begins marching into the Hall.

5 Likes