Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

Oreo rounded the corner just as Razor stepped out, her face clenched in an angry glare.
“What on Earth makes you look like that?”
Razor ignored the question, instead transforming into a motorcycle. She then sped off, leaving Oreo standing bewildered.
Oreo walked to the door of the medical bay and knocked lightly.
“May I speak to the medic,” he asked.

1 Like

“I’m Stonefist.” the rocky Cybertronian replied. He started the next sentence with “I’m from-” and paused for a noticeable length of time before continuing with “- Cybertron.”

@ajtazt @MaxinePrimal @keiththelegokid @MakutaOisli @Rukah @N01InParticular @BlackBeltGamer98 @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @rainsong @DuneToa

Once all of our heroes have boarded the Pulsar, Salvage releases the clamps holding the yacht in place in her cradle. The sleek ship rises into the air and loops around the spaceport, the sunlight gleaming off her hull. The Pulsar’s engines roar as she completes her circuit, and she darts over Iacon’s walls and into the wilds beyond the city, bound for the Tomb of the Primes.

(@ProfSrlojohn) As the Pulsar departs, the mysterious human man turns away from LD-L1, and looks up at the ship as the lights of her engines flicker in the sky above.

“And off they go,” he says, his voice light with anticipation. “If it is your desire to protect them, acolyte, then you best be going, too. They’ll need all the help they can get in the time to come.”

The Pulsar’s intercom chimes pleasantly, the ringing echoing through her corridors.

“Ladies, gentlemen, and all in-between, this is your pilot, Salvage of the Wastes,” the red Junkion announces. "Our course is laid in- next stop: the Tomb of the Primes. We’ll be there in a jiffy, so don’t get too comfortable. I, uh, guess that’s kind of a bummer, given how tricked-out this ship is, but hey! Maybe after we finish paying the old Primes a visit, we can take our sweet time getting to… wherever we’re getting to next. Y’know, get our money’s worth.

“…Speaking of money, who’s covering the rent on this thing? Is everybody chipping in, or something?”

Overgrowth recoils as well, she herself also caught by surprise.

“Not long,” she says, after relaxing her shoulders. “I was merely having a look at your vehicles; it was not my intention to startle you.”

2 Likes

“Hey, no worries.”
Niko replied, having calmed down.
“So you’re checking out Ferrex huh? He’s pretty cool right? I’d be happy to answer any question you might have, if you’re interested.”

Axis chuckled, amused by Salvage’s familiar antics.
“I’ll head to the bridge and help supervise things. Feel free to relax darling.”

Maximus narrowed his optics at the phoenix on his shoulder.
“Fine. But when we make it to the tomb, you have to lie down and rest.”

“Very well.”
Axis reluctantly agreed.

With that settled, the Prime flew off into the pilot’s cabin.
“Hello again Salvage.”
She greeted warmly.

“Nice man. Its a pleasure to meet ya.”
Low-Tide said.

2 Likes

Firestorm looks out over the landscape below, “it’s insane how much has changed.” He says.

1 Like

“What do you mean?”
Maximus asked the minicon as he walked up from behind.

1 Like

“Ok.” Stonefist replied, and rather bluntly at that. It wasn’t that the rocky-armored transformer was antisocial, more he wasn’t…used to large amounts of social interaction. Either way, he gave Low-Tide a smile nonetheless.
“Nice to meet you as well.”

At this point, both Aralysa and Stonefist noticed that the ship had finally begun its journey towards the tomb. Still gazing and the faux sky, Aralysa simply nodded. It’s good to get going. Every adventure has a beginning. Then she looked around the room, trying to find the controls so she could see what else it could do.

“I was curious as to why a man of your profession would need such a vehicle as this, actually,” Overgrowth says. “Is mikesu space so dangerous?”

“Hey,” Salvage says, turning in the pilot’s seat to look back at Axis. “You know, this seat is really comfortable. I think it might be leather- like, actual Earth bovine leather, not some close-enough nebulon thing.”

The holographic display can also be set to project images of several predesigned scenes, like orbital views of Cybertron and the various colonies, along with Earth and Avalon Prime.

2 Likes

“So like, how’d you get wrapped up in all this? I hear most of the bots on board are here cause they helped in some big attack the other day. I wasn’t there myself, but figured I’d tag along anyway.”
The eukarian asked curiously.

“Not at all! It’s just how I get around.”
Niko eagerly answered.
“See I hope to be a big rock star some day. And part of being a rock star means making a statement everywhere you go. You gotta be flashy and recognizable. At least that’s what my dad taught me. Yeah Ferrex is based off of a battle mech, but he isn’t exactly made for a fight. I got him tricked out with all sorts of gear, so he makes for a great traveling stage. And an even better band mascot.”

“Really now? Fascinating.”
Axis remarked, seeming to be genuinely intrigued.
“You know, most junkions I’ve met are always so familiar with earth culture. Something I have very little experience in myself. But I can hardly imagine how difficult imported earth materials would be to come by.”

2 Likes

After waiting for a few minutes, Oreo leaves the medical bay and heads for the bridge, wondering what he should do.

1 Like

Axis turned around as Oreo entered the bridge and looked up at the bot.

“Hello there. You’re one of the two who joined at the space port yes? I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced. Tell me, what us your name?”
The Prime said pleasantly. The phoenix ruffled her wings just a bit. Her head curiously tilted one way, and then twisted the other. She was captivated by the markings that covered his armor. Clearly human in design. The language alone was clearly recognizable as human, even if she couldn’t read it.

“And have you been to earth? Your markings are human are they not?”

1 Like

Oreo looked up in surprise at this question.
“I’m not quite sure how to answer that,” he said. “You see, I was cold-constructed on Earth back in the 2010s. I was killed by the Autobots, as I was made from the parts of dead Cybertronians that they wanted returned. Then, years later, my body was shipped to Cybertron. Somehow it was ignored or missed during the years between then and the present. Razor, the Mini-Con who was with me earlier, had me restored, but I have no memories of my time with the humans. Only those of waking up in a lab on Cybertron, with Razor and some other scientists fixing my armor.”

1 Like

Here we go, Aralysa thought as she succeeded in accessing the controls. Looking over her options, the purple and blue bot tried to make the holograpic projector display an image of her home, the Cybertronian moon Hecate.

“Oh? Yes, I was involved with the fight. Even managed to take out a few terrorists, as a matter of fact.” Stonefist replied to Low-Tide. The rocky bot smiled as he remembered the ordeal. “Wasn’t going to let those junkheaps order me around.”

The bird’s eyes widened with interest.
“Fascinating. I had no idea humans were capable of cold construction.”
She remarked.
“But you still haven’t told me your name.”

“Nice man! Way to go takin’ on those bad dudes.”
Low-Tide happily replied.
“I don’t really like fighting personally. So I’m kinda glad I didn’t show up until it was all over.”

1 Like

“So I see,” Overgrowth replies. “Is this quest then an opportunity to garner some measure of publicity for you?”

The blue sky is replaced with the star-speckled blackness of space, with the glimmering moon Hecate projected on the wall. Below the colony is the northern hemisphere of Cybertron, and tiny starships dart between the two bodies.

1 Like

“I actually didn’t think about that. I’ve just been tagging along for the fun of it.”
Niko replied.
“But now that you mention it, this could be a really good way to get my name out there.”

1 Like

“My name’s Oreo, after the logo emblazoned all over me. If you’re wondering, my original alt-mode was a vending machine filled with tasty desserts and filling snacks. Now, I turn into a van, since a vending machine looks quite out of place around here and can’t move. As for whether the humans are capable of cold construction, well- they were the ones who made an army of clones from dead Decepticons. They have since progressed to making mecha and walking tanks, which is quite a leap for them. But I should stop rambling on so much. I’m sure you have much to tell me, being our leader. I await your commands!”

1 Like

Overgrowth’s eyes narrow beneath her visor.

“Perhaps that is all this will be,” she says. "We will enter the Tomb, uncover the journal’s secrets, find the party behind yesterday’s attack, and bring them to justice in short order. Our respective governments will then reward us appropriately, and you will have something to boast about to your fans.

“But take heed, mikesu,” she continues, her voice becoming gravely serious, “This adventure may become something greater than an entertaining diversion, or an opportunity to garner publicity. Should this come to pass, you may come to regret joining us.”

“Hold on,” Salvage interjects from behind the two, visibly disturbed by what he’s heard. “The humans made you out of Decepticon body parts? That’s… I mean, yeah, the Decepticons were horrible, but-… Primus.”

1 Like

“I don’t recall exactly whose parts I was made from,” Oreo says slowly. “All I know is that for the most part, I was built as a security system for their installation. My original form had no mind, only an AI system that would pilot me to defend the labs at all costs. I was not really built for combat, though, as I was the first casualty in that fight.”
He shuddered, remembering his nightmares of a massive red and blue being firing round after round into him, shattering his armor into metallic shards.
“In my current state, my torso and head are the only original pieces remaining from that time. The Cybertronian scientists who repaired me gave me a new body, highly improved from the original. I was also given this.”
Oreo unstraps the Overcharger from his back.
“I was told that this cannon was a rare weapon, but I haven’t had a need to use it. Could either of you tell me about it?”

3 Likes

Stonefist grunted.
“Eh. Getting shot at isn’t usually the way I’d spend my vacation.” the rocky bot remarked. Then he continued. “Though I must say it was gratifying to run one of 'em over.”

Aralysa sighed in contentment upon viewing the beautiful moon of Cybertron. As always, the sight of Hecate succeeded in taking the purple and blue bot’s breath away. Thank Primus my ancestors knew what they were doing when they colonized it, she thought.

1 Like