Transformers Live-Action Movies

It’s almost like, it’s not worth trying to rationalise the continuity in the first place when it’s unlikely that anyone writing it actually cared, or something.

3 Likes

So I watched Bumblebee the other day, and I enjoyed it. I didn’t think it was an amazing movie by any means. It was a bit cliche at times IMO, but it definitely was better than all the Bayformer movies I’d seen before it. There was actual weight to everything going, a coherent plot, and no overuse of over sexualized female characters. If they make another one I would potentially watch it.

2 Likes

Honestly I hope they just reboot the entire movies. Bumblebee was a great movie and it’s kinda an insult to call it a prequel to bayformers. Hel; I’d even call it a masterpiece by comparison.

3 Likes

Reading this, I’m just like, “Why do you all hate Bumblebee (the movie)?” It was my introduction to Transformers and I actually liked it quite a lot, compared with everything I’ve heard about the other movies. Also, why the comparison between the plots of the Spiderman movies and the Michael Bay movies? Marvel just fixed that well and good with Doc’ Strange.

But apart from that short rant, I truly enjoyed Bumblebee. It had characters that weren’t mostly stereotypes, Bumblebee acting exactly how I’ve imagined him (see, I didn’t watch the other live-action movies), and Optimus Prime being heroic (though with the disturbing shot where he uses a corpses’ head as a weapon). It had Sector 7 getting an intro to Cybertronians that would easily explain them trying to kill them at any point later in history, and the fun of seeing the two Decepticons tricking everyone on Earth. The only flaws I found in it were the fact that Bumblebee was able to be knocked out and resuscitated using… big stun guns. If Cybertronians are that vulnerable to electricity, why don’t they use it more?

Also, I loved the ending. It’s so fitting to have the other Autobots only get about 2 seconds of background screen time at the end of a movie focusing on Bumblebee. (If you’re wondering what I mean, as the camera pans back toward Charlie at the end of the movie, you can see several escape pods or something similar falling towards the outskirts of San Francisco in the background).

So, that’s my long opinion piece. Have fun with it!

4 Likes

I don’t hate Bumblebee-not one bit. I’m just kind of mad that they developed and released it as a prequel, then went “Uh, actually, it’s a reboot, no connections to the Bayverse.” They gave us one last hurrah for the Bayverse, then completely stomped on that hurrah by trying to convince us it wasn’t part of the Bayverse. Sorry Hasbro, but no. You can’t pull a bait-and-switch like that on us.

2 Likes

Well, given how the originals went, I would think people would like a reboot. After all, no one likes an inappropriate movie targeted towards kids (unless they’re crazy or something). Not reflecting on you, that’s just what I feel like the consensus is on these movies.

I personally enjoyed Bumblebee. I really like how it has lots of good humor in it, and very little foul language – a rarity in modern movies. I also liked how the characters in it took inspiration from their original designs, as well as the previous live-action versions. (Although I did find the scene with Cliffjumper slightly weird due to his very organic looking face.)

3 Likes

Except they’d announced and developed Bumblebee as a spinoff/prequel, and then released it as such. Then they were all “No, no, this is a new universe, totally not part of the old one.” I’m sorry, but I cannot stand for business practices such as that.

1 Like

Well, I missed that part, so that would explain why I never thought of that argument.

1 Like

There’s that rumor going around that the ROTB trailer is coming out tomorrow, so yeah

get on the hype astrotrain

3 Likes

That has got to be the most unsafe train. I actually transformed him into a rocket-propelled train once, and I quickly realized that that would not work at all in real life.

1 Like

emits Beast Wars Megatron-esque yeessss

1 Like

I assume that not all of it will be Beast Wars, because I saw an ad for it last year where they showed a bunch of vehicles that will be used in the movie. Several cars and trucks with Autobot and Decepticon logos on them.

1 Like

ye we’ve also got the Autobots and Terrorcons

Battletrap’s figure has already surfaced

3 Likes

also ariazor

Are you sure the battletrap figure is real, though? It could be a well-made fake.
Also the 5mm ports on his hands also look a little too long for some reason.

3 Likes

I believed that the figure’s real. I saw it on a review on the Seibertron website, which listed it as an official Hasbro toy.

Also, who’s the sports car Terrorcon? It doesn’t look like an 80s car.

1 Like

It’s Nightbird

3 Likes

I really want a Bumblebee figure now… and Battletrap. He just looks cool.

2 Likes

Yeah the new movie’s designs sure look promising. Hopefully they look good on-screen.

We need Megatron to actually turn into a pistol. And have him make a guy die from the gun he finds in a convenient spot in a battlefield.

As for the ports on Battltrap’s hands, they appear to have his index finger positioned to work the trigger on a gun.

someone remind me why this is a good Megatron alt mode again

3 Likes