Transformers Live-Action Movies

And so the annual Transformers hype begins.

Cool title. Glad that it looks like their going forward with the ‘Knights’ theme from AoE. It’ll be interesting to see what they do with that.

3 Likes

This has gotta be some prank

Just announced that Colonel Lennox will be back, and Bay is considering having Epps return as well. Very glad to hear this, they were the only characters I cared about by the time TF3 rolled around.

Oh, and Agent Simmons.

1 Like

I loved Lennox in the first movie, so I look forward to this.

1 Like

Simmons is always a great time…

1 Like

Some exciting news here! The Transformers FaceBook page has been updating for the past several days with the CG designs of the 'bots, Today we got one that’s been eagerly anticipated (at least by me). BARRICADE.

1 Like

barricade never dies does he?

2 Likes

A lot of those designs can look like junk in humanoid form (not bad, just cluttered), but that’s actually a pretty consistent and cool form.

2 Likes

Why is Barricade a horde dude whut

3 Likes

I’m not sure, it might be because Hasbro told them “Uh, you killed this guy two movies ago”

“OH CRAP, NOW WHAT?”

“We could just rename hi-”

“I know, let’s made his a horde!”

(I do have the correct definition of horde, right?)

2 Likes

Wait, he is a horde?

(did I miss something?)

1 Like

4 Likes

That could mean several things, He COULD be a horde, or he could just be “deceitful”

1 Like

I don’t know, but “duplicitous” seems to imply there’s lots of him.

Maybe.

(Which makes me wonder why they even bothered calling him Barricade, he does not even look like Barricade, the only similarity is (kinda) the alt mode.

2 Likes

Probably for the same reason as naming a character Sideswipe and someone named Top spin that have nothing to do with their original characters-it’s just a disposable name to Hasbro.

That and they don’t care about continuity that much.

2 Likes

I disagree on that. There are differences (such as the face, which I theorize is actually just a battle mask), but enough similarities to connect the two designs. The doors to the alt mode being on his arms, the tires being perched on his shoulders, and the feet (although a little chubbier) are still spiky.

Not necessarily. Barricade was a HUGE icon in 2007 as I can remember, and look back on that character with a lot of nostalgia. I think Hasbro knows this, and since you never really saw Barricade die in DotM, Hasbro thought that it’s plausible to bring him back. As for the continuity, I think that with the writers room that they’ve convened for all the movies going forward, they DO care, and want people to care about these movies and not just disregard them as ‘those bad Michael Bay films’ that the majority of the internet seems to label them as. Bringing Barricade back seems to me as a sign that they do care and want to win people back over.

3 Likes

So
Pre-rodimus prime rodimus is confirmed,
and his name is back to Hot-Rod

1 Like

Ok so the way i see it when it comes to the films

First: good. Cheesy but it was my childhood so xD

Second: terribad. I still kind of like it since again, nostalgia, but they basicaly over did it

Third: Refreshing and good. Not as good as the first, but i find it was alot more cleancut then the first two.

Fourth: absolute garbage. Im not even going to go into detail since there is so much. But basicaly, way too long, dinobots were poorly done, the swirly transformations, and also the one scene about the romeo and juliette law.

But, i do see a glimer of hope for the fifth movie and onward :stuck_out_tongue: they switched out the writers and also had a writers room for the next films. Plus, there has been alot more activity on social media and such with almost daily posts showing character designs.

Im a huge transformers fan and i really have my fingers crossed for the last night :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Gonna follow @NICK_IS_ROCKIN’s lead with my opinion(s):

First: Re-watched the first movie recently, and I actually really, really liked it! There was a moment or two that shouldn’t have existed - and the robots needed more screen time - but I thought it was pretty good.

Second: Abysmal. No other words.

Third: I really liked DoTM when I first saw it (at age 12 or so), and while I don’t look upon it as highly anymore, it’s still nostalgic and I do enjoy it. Second best of the movies IMO.

Fourth: For some reason, I liked it when I first saw it. Tried to watch it again and couldn’t make it past 30-45 minutes. Can’t decide if it’s worse than the second one.

I really am optimistic for the fifth movie, so here’s hoping it’s good! I’ve been a TF fan for years now, and while the movies aren’t my favorite generation, I still like some of them regardless.

3 Likes