Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

Unrelated note: I got something I’ve had on my list for a while:

3 Likes

Sorry for being inactive for so long. Could someone catch me up on this puzzle?

1 Like

Nice.

Zepar and Split have found that the capsules all over the room contain blueprints for various weapons, ships, tools, and artworks. There’s a gate on one end of the room that can be opened by inserting one of these capsules in it, but it has to be a specific capsule.

Also, Spectrum’s talking to a ghost.

2 Likes

So, any hints as to how to find our needle in a haystack?

The two capsules containing the designs for that dreadnaught are out, since only one capsule can be put into the gate.

1 Like

Well, congratulations on the job, tho.

1 Like

I doubt the weapons would be right, Solus wouldn’t want people who favored warfare to have access to the Lock.

Artwork is a maybe but it’s a bit of a grey area since, while it may be pretty, it could send the wrong message.

If any capsules have stuff on the Omega Lock and Keys, I doubt those would work either since that would be way too obvious…

Wait…I got an idea…

1 Like

Those of you with characters in the trials need to have your characters bring one of the four orbs to each of the obelisks. Sorry if I haven’t made that clear enough.

Those of you with characters on Salvation should feel free to participate in the terrorcon attack there if you are so inclined, but it’s not necessary.

Some trivia

The four knights connected to the Omega Keys in this RP are named after starships in the Transformers: Cybertron anime which carried Cyber Planet Keys (which inspired the Omega Keys in later TF media), which in turn are named after various fictitious locations:

Atlantis needs no explanation, I’m sure. Sunken city, precious metals, defended by robot lobsters home of Godzilla extragalactic outpost left behind by a long dead species

Hyperborea is from ancient Greek mythology; supposedly the sun shone 24 hours a day there, and it was inhabited by a race of giants.

Lemuria was a hypothetical continent/land bridge in the Indian Ocean, which was thought to be the place where lemurs first evolved (so as to explain why they can be found in Africa, Madagascar, and India) before the theories of plate tectonics and continental drift were widely accepted. Some went as far to say humans could have first come from Lemuria, too.

Ogygia is the home island of Calypso in the Odyssey. Calypso trapped Odysseus there for seven years on his journey back to Ithaca.

3 Likes

Any kind of challenge or obstacle: presents itself

Pipebomb:

@MaxinePrimal @MichaelBT-7474 @ProfSrlojohn @meepinater @BlackBeltGamer98

Okay, I can read the room, and I think I can sense a loss of enthusiasm as these trials drag on. They weren’t supposed to go on for this long, and for that I again apologize. I first planned out this RPG back when I had a lot more time on my hands to be on the Boards and run a game.

I’m not sure how to pick things back up outside of trimming down the last few trials as best I can- which I am doing. There’s also a battle going on with some terrorcons back at Salvation, for anybody who still has characters there. After that, there’s only a few more shenanigans to be had before the end.

If this is no longer fun for you guys, I understand. But if there’s anything I can do to rekindle the fire a little, let me know.

I will admit the trials have kinda lost steam. They started out awesomely with the star saber and time doubles. But after that it all just sorta slowed down. Not just in terms of activity, but in pacing.

That being said the terrorcon fight has been fun. Taking Fortress out on a space walk always makes for a good time.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s about when I started working again. Most days now, I’m only able to get on later in the afternoon.

So I’ve noticed. But in the bigger picture I don’t mind. It’s great that you got a full time job. And if the game has to suffer a little bit as a result, then so be it.

I’m definitely lucky to be where I am right now. I’m just having to adjust to my new time constraints, and I really want to see you guys to the end of this story- and there is an end, despite how long Salvation’s gone on.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’ve been busy with school and work.

I will try to be active in the RP.

No need to apologise- I totally get that. I was just concerned that people weren’t playing because they weren’t having fun. I understand putting life first, of course.

1 Like

Yeah, with finals coming up in a couple weeks things have been a bit crazy.

But, I do still want to play in Salvation.

1 Like

Yeesh. Yeah, best of luck to you.

I guess I just need to do a better job of practicing what I preach, and remembering that other people really do have lives off the Boards.

1 Like

@Chromeharpoon truth be told, I don’t really know what to say…

When I came back, a few what? Weeks? Months? I can’t remember, I was still enthusiastic about Transformers but that died out quickly because well. I don’t feel like people are interested in my characters, to be honest. Then again, I haven’t roleplayed much either. I had a clear plan with Scorchlock and King-Quan but again, just roleplaying with you as the GM wasn’t enough for me.

I wanted a more colorful dynamic with other characters. I’m not blaming anyone though, so remember that. I guess, the only thing that may keep me even more interested is that Hammer and Hydro Rex cameo and what you had planned and probably some other being people interested in reacting with my characters?

Sorry, I’m late. I was also busy with school stuff… then other roleplay stuff… busy, very busy.

Edit: And also the fact that I literally have ZERO idea how to make these two important characters of the story :joy:

Would you like some help getting back into the game?