Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

Yeah, I would appreciate it. Though it may be late to make my two characters interesting…

1 Like

Well, maybe after the trials are over you could hop back in. It’s a little hard to tell with how the pacing’s been.

With the exception of Liege Maximo, yes. That was the idea: I knew it was gonna take a bit when I was writing this all out, but I never imagined it would take this long. I apologize for that.

There’s just three more after this: Quintus Prime, Megatronus, and Optimus Prime. I’m planning to make those three much shorter.

1 Like

Okay. That’s a relief…but sad, Liege gets no love until TOTGA!

Lemuria’s station was probably built just after the War of the Primes; I imagine everybody was still pretty upset with Liege, and didn’t want their descendants to take after him.

Heck, his armies might have been the ones who used the Omega Lock on those soldiers in the vision the PCs saw in Onyx’s trial.

1 Like

Sure, we could also discuss either privately or here on what I could do more with my characters, to impact the story in a different way than the rest. Something to make my characters useful.

Need some input here:

After the trials finish (just one more to go!!) I was planning to have the New Decepticons show up for a brief fight before Salvation took off for the next leg of the journey.

But, seeing how long the trials have dragged on (I’m feeling the fatigue too), I would understand if y’all just wanna get the Dark Key, book it back to Salvation, and get on with the rest of the game. I’d just have to rework the next run-in with Bludgeon and co. to accommodate (can’t let y’all get off too easy).

It’s up to you guys: do you want a quick fight with the New Decepticons after getting the Dark Key, or do you want to just move on to the next bit? I’ll play around whatever you decide.

I’d rather we just book it after the key is retrieved but leave something behind to slow them down (like a bunch of Terrorcons)

1 Like

Personally I’d rather move on. The trials have already completely filled the “stuff to do” value of this area, and another battle would be unnecessary.

1 Like

Message received.

I hope at least some of it was enjoyable, even if it went on for too long.

1 Like

The first two trials were really fun, I really liked writing character banter, and getting into Starchaser’s decepticon side when talking to Bludgeon was thrilling, even if it was brief.

Yes, moving on sounds like the best decision.

Tone down Pipebomb’s bomb-spamming please. I feel like lobbing out 12+ bombs is too much for one action during a turn in combat. You do the same thing when playing Fortress sometimes, too: I feel that you’re trying to do too much in one post/turn.

1 Like

Fair enough. Maybe 8 then? Two of which going to the big ones?

Though with Fortress I’m not sure what else to do. He’s designed to be a walking artillery platform. “Shoot at it until it dies” is his only real method of combat. Maybe punch them if they get close enough, and/or are big enough.

1 Like

How about two? Again, I think there’s a limit to what players (and GMs too) should be able to have their characters do when taking turns in combat; the back-and-forth stops being fun if both parties just throw walls of heavy attacks at each other.

What I’m trying to get at is that you have Fortress- and your other characters- do too much in their combat posts. When I’m playing a character in combat, I try to make them take only one or two actions before letting the opponent’s player have the opportunity to respond- like firing a shot from a rifle, or lunging with a sword. It just seems more fair that way; it’s fairly realistic and I’m not overwhelming the opponent’s player with a textwall. You write out entire paragraphs detailing how Fortress unloads his entire arsenal into the enemy force, or how Pipebomb blankets battlefields in dozens of pressure mines. You see what I’m trying to say? You gotta tone it down a little.

1 Like

True. And these things are kept in a bag too. He’s probably running out by now.

Yeah. I see what you mean.

With Fortress, I’ll keep it to one, maybe two weapon types in a post.

1 Like

@MaxinePrimal @meepinater @MichaelBT-7474 @ProfSrlojohn @BlackBeltGamer98

Phew!! That took way too long, but it’s finally over and done with. This leg of Transformers: Salvation is wrapped up, and now we’re in the home stretch! Thank you for sticking through this rough patch, and if you want to hang on a little longer, I’ll strive to make the payoff more than worth it.

For now, we all get some much-deserved downtime. Catch up with each other, get your characters healed up if they need it, and chillax.

2 Likes

We still have the Red Key, the Lock itself, the journey back to Cybertron, the inevitable final clash between the New Decepticons and Salvation and then the healing of Primus…there’s still a lot left.

1 Like

That all will go quickly- much quicker than the last few chapters of this RP have gone.

Rather fitting given the effects Red Energon has in Aligned Continuity.

1 Like

I mean, I don’t intend to rush it, but I’ve definitely had to take a look at my plans and re-evaluate them now that my schedule isn’t as free as it used to be. I had a lot more time on my hands when I wrote this game out, I get the sense that we’ve all picked up a few more responsibilities since then two. That, and the world going crazy this past year, of course.

So I’ve trimmed it down, optimizing it for a bunch of young adults with busy-ish schedules who don’t have all day to spend on the internet. I still plan for it to be epic, just more concise.

1 Like