Transformers: Salvation

“Yes, It is a shame.” Replied Gatecrasher, “Well, if you don’t have anything, I guess I’ll have to go to Thrift’s ship. Maybe he’ll have something good.”

Facelift snorts.

Hah! I doubt it! Not unless you’re looking for some old terran trinkets or scrapyard finds. A cosmic garbage scow, that ship of his is. I swear, the guy’s worse than Swindle.”

“I dunno, having met Swindle, He’s much worse.”

Zepar nods to show he understood and thanks the medic and pays them for their services.

Facelift’s eye widens slightly.

“Huh…” he reacts. “Well, I suppose then that scumbaggery- is that a word? I dunno. Doesn’t matter. Anyway, I suppose scumbaggery is in the eye, eyes, or visor of the beholder, then.”

The Decepticon medic is surprised by this act of kindness.

“Oh… uh… thanks,” he says awkwardly.

1 Like

“no true villain believes they are doing wrong until it’s show to them.”

In an instant Broadwing’s anxiety shot through the roof. Though he did his best to calm down and keep a level head.

“That sounds really serious.”
He said nervously.

“Is there anything I can do to help?”

“You’re welcome.” Zepar said politely as he and Shadowraker left the medbay.

“Well said,” Facelift compliments. “Might be something to think about next time we run into Bludgeon and his lackies.”

“Yes, sir, I think there is,” Greasemonkey answers. “Unfortunately, I’m several thousand years past being able to do most of the necessary heavy lifting.”

“If you look over to your left, you might spy some associates of mine trying to install some new pipelines over there.”

The old cyborg points to the area in question without looking up from his monitor.

“Miss Wildsong shot them down in the last battle to crush some invading Decepticons.”

Indeed, below the scaffolding on which engineers labored to install the new pipes, a smashed catwalk could be seen far below, along with the crumpled remains of the previous pipes.

“A good idea at the time, perhaps, but those pipes just so happened to feed coolant fluid and energon to vital machinery, namely the reactor and transwarp drive assembly. Now, Motherboard and I did some clever re-routing, but we need to get those replaced before we can do anything else.”

The Decepticon medic bids him farewell.

“Don’t give me credit. I read it in a book somewhere. Anyway, nice talking to you, but I’ve got places to be. Thanks for your help.”

Actaeon announces,
“This is where we start… and scrap any ideas of trying to escape and leaving your work early. Don’t worry I won’t make you clean the entire thing, it will be a time limit.”
He looks at them. then points to the wounded,
“You, what’s your name?”

“Yeesh,” Blight winced. “That’s some level of determination right there…”

“You’re quite welcome,” Facelift responds. “See you 'round.”

One of Requiem-IX’s number scoffs.

“Where the frak would we go?” he mutters under his breath.

The wounded Decepticon was now standing on his own, even with the gash in his midsection.

“Gearbox,” he identifies himself. “What’s it to ya?”

“The other is just an idiot. Her former crush. I think he still likes her.”

“You got it! I’m great with heavy lifting.”
Broadwing transformed into his beast mode and flew over to the pipe. He grabbed on to it with his claws and tried to fly upwards, beating his wings as hard as he could.

The engineers were at first startled by Broadwing’s sudden appearance, but soon the realize that the bot was here to help.

Broadwing is able to lift the pipe. If he could hold it in the air for long enough, the engineers could weld it into place.

He had little trouble holding it up at first, but it didn’t take long for the weight to become problematic.

“Hey guys, I don’t mean to rush, but if you could hurry this up I would really appreciate it!”

“Gearbox, follow me, I have a different task for you.”
Actaeon looks at the rest them,
“I don’t know, maybe I would find you in a different closet.”

The engineers work quickly for Broadwing’s sake. It wasn’t their best work, and there was no time to properly test it, but it would have to do. Greasemonkey taps at his console, and coolant begins to glow through the line. Some of the beeping alarms fall silent, and the transwarp drive’s shuddering begins to grow less intense.

“And that would be?” he deadpans.

“No.” SideStep replied, stepping out and walking out of the medbay