Transformers TLK Decepticon MoCs 1: Nitro Zeus and Berserker

So, I got bored today and decided to start building the Decepticons from TLK. For this little project, I have two main challenges: Try to build all of them without using parts from the others, and make them as accurate as possible using only CCBS parts. Anyways, unfortunately with the nature of these MoCs, they can’t transform, but I’m kinda alright with that.

So, let’s start off with the first one I built: Nitro Zeus. I personally think this turned out amazingly! I thought that this would end horribly, ut it didn’t! I used a few different techniques to get the look, some illegal (for example, the horns are just held in place with friction, and the eye assembly uses a pin hole and an axel). I’d say my only problems with this figure are that I couldn’t get the three ribs on his abdomen and that the assembly holding his arms in place likes to split.

Next up is Berserker. While not nearly as complex as Nitro Zeus, I still did a few things that made this guy stand out to me. Mainly, the head. I do kinda feel that the skull spider mask with the underbite and the horns kinda works, and I’ll definitely use this technique for Dreadbot. Although, I love how the dreadlocks turned out! I didn’t know how well they’d turn out, so I’m very happy with them! The rest of the figure is pretty average, tbh. Although, there wasn’t much that could really be done. So, I’m happy with it.

Anyways, all in all, I’m really happy with how these figure turned out, and I’m really looking forward to doing the rest! I may not be able to do Megatron, just because I used all the silver on Nitro Zeus, but we’ll see. So, let me know what you guys think! Constructive criticism is very much appreciated! Anyways, stay turned for part two, coming tomorrow maybe!

20 Likes

Nice. The only thing that could improve is just painting the small details on. For the Mocs berserker is good but nitro is almost perfect in ccbs form. You think you might build an anslught or Mohawk to go with them?

1 Like

I’m planning on making the rest, excluding maybe Megatron, because all my silver in on Nitro. Also, as good of a suggestion it is, I don’t want to paint anything.

Trust me; I understand. I don’t paint peices either unless I’ve got a surplus of it.

1 Like

Both of them look great, but I’m pretty sure that berserker is from DOTM (because he looks different in TLK)

1 Like

What do you mean?

That wasn’t berserker in dotm; just a case of bay using the same body type for seperate characters. Just like onslaught was long haul with some added bits to robot mode. demolisher and scavenger in Rotf too.

2 Likes

Guess what I found on Google images when searching tlk nitro toy?

2 Likes

I’ve actually seen it when trying to find a custom Nitro Zeus

That’s honestly really impressive

1 Like

Thank you!

How does something get on google images anyways?

The amount of traffic it gets, and considering that this was the 7th one…

1 Like

Oh, jeez, now I feel kinda humbled