Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

Oddball scoots back a little to watch the spectacle from a safer distance.

Well, that wasn’t supposed to happen… I think. Oh well; this outta be fun to watch, at least.

Rectifier almost changes the areas he’s blasting when Maximus tosses the lightning at him. The Decepticon smiles and doesn’t even attempt to move, allowing it to strike him. He cackles madly as the force of the hit causes him to bend backwards, absorbing all the electricity into his body. Rectifier quickly straightens as the energy channels into his revolvers, supercharging his ammunition. He resumes fire, using his left hand to blast at the buckler while lowering his right hand to blast at Maximus’s leg.

“Ha ha ha! You serious?! I’m Rectifier! A cute jolt like that isn’t going to hurt me! It’s in the name!”

1 Like

Nebula took this time to try to read through Maximus’ head. It was a mess. A chaotic storm of emotions. Fear, anger, confusion, sadness, desire. All of it a veritable cyclone of aimless stubborn aggression which he managed to pin on to that predacon he called Megatron.

Sweet Primus this kid’s got problems.
She thought to herself.

Maximus was struck in the knee, and fell down, kneeling on the ground. Still keeping his sheild up.

Alright. So your whole lighting gimmick isn’t gonna work this time. Looks like we’re gonna have to go physical.
Nebula communicated to Maximus.

With that the pirate predacon changed to beast mode, charging forward while running on all fours. Weaving side to side as to best avoid the fire. Nebula forming a sort of sharp club at the end of his tail. The ion canon just at the tip.

Maximus ran forward and attempted to headbutt Rectifier in the legs, hoping to knock him down.

The bubbly Decepticon couldn’t help but find the transformation so adorable. Seemed no one bothered telling the lad that dragons went out of style after artillery cannons blasted them to pieces. Rectifier himself ran forward to meet Maximus while still firing at him, just to get some momentum going. Though when Maximus was about four feet out from striking the legs, Rectifier transformed.

Not only transformed, but mass-shifted as well! He swiftly shrunk and turned into a model train controller, going under Maximus’s strike. With his forward momentum, his controller form was able to slide underneath the dragon. And as he slides underneath Maximus, he slowly transforms back, having his arms and revolvers form first to unleash a hailstorm of gunfire. If he is not stopped or Maximus does not do something, shot after shot rains on as Rectifier slides past all over the Predacon’s underside and leg joints. Until he is out from underneath Maximus, in which he grows and fully returns to his robot mode, turning towards the dragon during transformation to try and keep blasting him.

The predacon roared in pain as his underside was shot up. He dug his claws into the ground, screeching to a halt. He lifted his tail as Rectifier slid under him. Then brought it down just as the decepticon went behind him. Swinging the dense minicon club end down with a great deal of force, hoping to clobber the jovial decepticon while he was on a set path.

“There only so many cells to go around. Iota’s been more successful than he expected, I suppose, and can’t be bothered to give us newer fellows decent lodging.”

“But Maximus and I both got a cell to share.”
Axis said, a bit confused. It wasn’t all that unlikely that since Ivory’s arrival, multiple tier 3 bots made their way to tier 2, freeing up space for other newcomers. Though given how much Ivory had set up in there, Axis assumed he either never got the memo, or couldn’t be bothered to move his belongings.

“Figures, as soon as space becomes availble, no one bothers to tell me.” He muttered bitterly.

“Well… I think there’s still a few spaces open… If you’re interested.”
Axis said awkwardly.

“Nah, it’s fine kid. I’ve got my music and my book, I’m content.” He said with a wave of his hand. “If they are bunking the pair of you together, there’s not alot of space. Iota hates bots pairing up. Gives them ideas. Juliana and a few others know this better than most. I’dve loved more space, but I’m not gonna clamber over anybody to get it.”

“Well suit yourself.”
Axis said with a shrug.

OOC: I would expected her to be a bit more insistent about it, or you know, catching the Juliana name drop, but whatever.

IC: “Enjoy it kid, the only way to survive in this place is to find a little bit of happiness, and cling to it. For me, it’s my music, for you, it’s what you want it to be. If it’s the larger room, then have at it.”

That specific wording sparked a thought in her. Find a little bit of happiness, and cling to it. Immediately Maximus came to the forefront of her thoughts. He’d been on her mind constantly after what happened yesterday. An awkward, embarrassed, nervous expression flashed on her face. It was there for only but a moment, but a moment which completely betrayed her inner thoughts. After which she pushed the thoughts back down, deciding she’d deal with it later. Or at least that’s what she kept telling herself.

“Uh, yeah. Well, thanks for the advice.”
Axis said, trying to sound as casual as she could.

“I try to be of assistance, about all I have to offer. Juliana is the superior musician, the minicons greater at stealth, and many better at fighting.”

“If you like lending a helping hand,” Backbreaker says, “how would you feel about helping us all get outta here? Hot Shot and I are coming up with a plan.”

1 Like

“Eh. I guess we all got our own thing.”
Axis said, scratching the back of her head. Thankful that he seemingly didn’t notice her moment of weakness. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:2181, topic:51098”]
“If you like lending a helping hand,” Backbreaker says, “how would you feel about helping us all get outta here? Hot Shot and I are coming up with a plan.”
[/quote]

Oh right. The break out.
Axis said, remembering that was a thing.
“I’m also a part of it, if that helps any.”
She said.

“It doesn’t, but don’t take it personally. Anywho, what’s this about getting out of this clink?”

“Right now we’re just focusing on getting the word out. Once we have a following in all three tiers, then we’ll start to work out a plan.”

“Riiight…” he drawled out. “Let me know when you have a plan, then we’ll see if I want to jump on this little escapade.”

“It’ll never get anywhere,” He thought, his lack of faith disguised, be readable if one was looking for it, “Just like all the others.”

As Rectifier was starting to turn around by that point, he didn’t quite see the tail in time to effectively defend. He brought his arms to a defensive cross-shape as the tail smash his growing form into the ground. Though he doesn’t let out a cry of pain as much as a burst of air, as if only the wind was knocked out of him. At least for that moment, he wasn’t laughing.

He looks up and smiles at the sight of the tail’s end. Rectifier makes not attempt to move from his current position of laying down, but does ready in case the Predacon tries to strike with that tail again.