Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

Backbreaker seizes the door and attempts to yank it open.

Meanwhile, all the fighting and shouting in the training room would be causing quite the disturbance in the minicon den below.

“I can’t believe this. I can’t stand it here! How’s a minicon supposed to think straight with all this noise!”
Clawshot complained as the ceiling above him shook from the force of battle.

“Put up a den by the forge. It’s too hot. Make a den under the commons. Too many people nearby. Make a den under the training arena. It’s too loud. Clawshot is there anywhere you’d be happy with?”
Ramjet said. Clearly having needed to put up with this behavior before.

“You wanna know where I’d be happy? I’ll tell ya where I’d be happy.”

“Oh Primus, not this again.”
Ramjet sighed.

“Minamus! That’s where!”

“Clawshot when will you give it up. Minamus doesn’t exist!”
Ramjet said, again this clearly wasn’t the first time he had to put up with this.

Minamus. A word nearly every minicon knew by spark. The supposed colony world founded by Micronus Prime himself. A world free from larger bots. A planet where minicons could work and work to their spark’s content. It was a legend started up during the great war. Shared between minicons to keep spirits up. Though now most believe it doesn’t even exist.

@ajtazt

Before she could do so, Backbreaker would reach it first.

The door, not locked at all, swings open violently, most likely causing Backbreaker to fall.

The door would swing open to reveal Ivory, laying on his bead in Bot mode, flipping through a book. When the door opens, the music abruptly stops, and Ivory looks up from his book.

“Can I help you?” He asked.

Backbreaker stumbles back a step.

“Yeah, can you keep it down, please?” the gladiator requests. “Some of us are trying to wallow in our misery out here.”

“I apologize, but I must practice somehow. If you wish to wallow, these dorms are the worst place to do so. Between me and Juliana, this hallway is usually filled with music.”

“Why do you live in a closet?”
Axis asked. Very confused.

Meanwhile in the training arena.

The megatron simulation immediately lashed out, grabbing Maximus by the chest with it’s dragon head arm. It then unleashed an inferno, engulfing Maximus entirely. The predacon cried out in agony, before the simulation ended and he fell to the ground.

Okay, are you done now? I think it’s clear you’re outmatched on this one. You need to get some rest.
Nebula insisted.

“Hell… No…”
Maximus stood up and walked back to the console, reactivating the simulation.

“Because these closets are all Iota gives us lower ranked fighters. Juliana’s is practically a mansion compared to what most of us have.”

Machbreaker was busy trying to reconfigure one of the controllers to somehow work with Clawshot’s unique hand situation. He wasn’t entirely sure what was best and wished Tie-Grabber was here. He did have a hook, so he would probably know better of how to design a controller for it. Or at least for testing? Boy oh boy, this would take a lot of trial and error.

Of course, neither Machbreaker nor Railgun was much bothered by the noise above. Pretty typical, given most of their lives has been fighting. Though both could understand Clawshot’s initial complaint, they both preferred something more peaceful. Or, something that they would consider to be peaceful. For Machbreaker, the ear drum destroying sonic booms was peaceful, the sheer rush of wind and sound behind him. For Railgun, it was the nice steady chumming along the tracks with occasionally whistles and cannon fire.

Though with the mention of Minamus, Machbreaker instantly dismissed it.

“Minamus fabulas,” is all the rocket sled says in response.

Railgun didn’t reply immediately, thinking how best to handle this. Of them all, he actually knew little of the Minamus story, outside of the basics. It was common talk among others, but he was too focus on everything else to give it much thought. But what killed Minicons more than anything was hopelessness, a future of nothing. So even if he didn’t particularly believe it, he would not leave a man to such sorrows.

“But years ago, would we not have same of the Vex? Of this place? We didn’t know they existed and they still came for us. When we escape, maybe Minamus could be found.” Railgun counters.

Machbreaker gives his leader a weird look.

As Tie-Grabber watched the fights, he went from entertained to a bit concerned, to worried, to disturbed. To see the Predacon keep pushing, to keep killing what was the same enemy over and over…It was like looking into an odd mirror. A darkness of spark he knew way too well.

Right before Maximus can activate the console, Tie-Grabber runs up and jumps on it. He waves his arms in a crossing motion, attempting to get him to stop.

OOC: The prisoners have barred prison cells. I’ve stated this repeatedly.

“I guess you’re not wrong, but it’s still just a myth to me.”
Ramjet replied.

“Back off.”
Maximus said. He sounded agitated. Though clearly not at Tie-Grabber.
“I’m not quitting until I finish this.”

Nebula then spoke up, still mounted to his arm, speaking in the native minicon language.

“I’ve tried talking to him. You’re not going to get anywhere. I think it’s like a vendetta or something? Regardless, he’s not up to listen at the moment.”

@ajtazt

OOC: I know, I just figured higher ranked prisoners would get bigger cells. As a reward of sorts for preforming well, and a incentive for preforming better.

OOC: They do. That’s in Tier 2. But if you want Ivory to live in a janitor’s closet, by all means do so. That’d be pretty interesting.

OOC: Oh, I just meant within the level. It gives more reason for them to want to preform well. Most in this level probably know they will never be good enough to reach the next tier, but having in-level incentives gives a better reason for them to fight. It also would give a somewhat more cutthroat atmosphere, as everyone has some reason to want to cut you down. It would also lead to a greater sense of distrust within the ranks, as everyone around you has good incentive to want to knock you down a peg.

OOC: The incentive to preform well is to get energon. Don’t wanna fight? You don’t get fed. Plain and simple.

OOC: It’s not incentive to fight, it’s incentive to fight well. This is a show, correct? Then they are looking for a particular kind of fight, they want a spectacle. A quick, close fight with one bot quickly shutting down the other, is usually boring. While they can’t say you didn’t fight, it’s not the sort of fight that brings in crowds. They want explosions, special powers, elaborate strategies, impressive acrobatics, and amazing feats of skill. The crowd wants a excellent fight, and the bots need incentive to give them that.

Watching from afar, Oddball pipes up:

“Whirrr-zizi-bleep-dee!”

“Hey! Quit hogging the simulator, Toothless!”

1 Like

OOC: And that’s what they provide. If the crowd isn’t happy, Iota isn’t happy, and that’s something no one wants.

And either way, a slightly better room isn’t much of an incentive of it’s own.

Maximus looked at Oddball with anger. A sort of “I’m not in the mood to put up with this right now.” expression. Given the day he’d had thus far, his mental state was questionable at best.

“I said I’m fine!”
He growled, not at all understanding what Oddball said.

Oddball rolls his eyes and crosses his arms across his chest.

“What? You wanna go?”
Maximus said, readying his hammer.

Seeing the situation is devolving very quickly, Tie-Grabber decides if Maximus wasn’t going to listen then he would be forced. He quickly scrolls through and types in some commands into the console. It flashes a warning screen, asking if he was sure if he really wanted to do this. The simulation he would summon had been altered to break the limit of difficulty programmed in.

Rectifier materializes a couple feet behind Maximus. He instantly slams the levers at his hips and opens fire at the Predacon’s back with the transformed revolvers.

“Oh ha ha! Did you seriously think you would be enough to attack my station?!”

1 Like

Behind you!
Nebula shouted internally. Maximus whirled around and threw up his shield. The blaster fire pelting the dense buckler.

Maximus quickly sized up the bot. The simulation before him looked like an easy opponent. After getting his aft kicked by Megatron over and over again, this might just be a nice breath of fresh air.

He kept his left hand behind his back, charging up a ball of lighting, and then throwing it at the simulated decepticon.