Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

“As crazy as you ya weirdo.”

Backbreaker shakes his head.

“Grimlock doesn’t do much talking- never was a conversationalist, if memory serves, but since he got here he’s been downright savage.”

Oddball had grabbed an energon ration for himself and was sitting cross-legged on a table, refueling himself as he looks around the chamber quietly.

1 Like

“Oh please. You’re too much! Hehehehe.”
Cyclonus said in a pretend bashful tone, followed by his recognizable cackle.

“That doesn’t bode well…”
Axis remarked. Beginning to worry about whatever Maximus might be doing now.

Meanwhile, the predacon had finally reached the champion’s personal quarters. It was immaculate and lavish. Especially compared to the somewhat dingy and rundown conditions everyone else got.

There was a large window with a beautiful view of the Vex city, perfectly capturing the alien sunset.

A mountain of mail, gifts, and other tributes from the citizens were stacked in the corner of the room. While Grimlock himself sat on a throne, clearly having been waiting for Maximus.

The two guards left and shut the door behind Maximus. Now it was only the two of them. Alone.

“Uh… Hello.”
He said nervously.

1 Like

“Put something in your mouth you nut.” She says, handing him a cube.

“No,” Backbreaker agrees, “it doesn’t.”

Cyclonus takes the cube and chows down.

“So how about that new guy huh? I’d say he’s almost as crazy as I am!”
He said with a mouth full of energon.

“He is quite the character.”
Demolishor replied.

“Sit.”
Grimlock ordered sternly.

“Oh. Okay.”
Maximus quickly looked around for a chair or seat. Finding none, he sat on the floor.

Grimlock glared at the predacon. The two sitting in a dead silence.

“But, they wouldn’t let Grimlock just, kill him right?”
Axis stammered. Only half believing the statement herself.

“He’ll get himself killed if he keeps fighting like that.”

“No,” Backbreaker says.

“No, Iota doesn’t let any of us, even Grimlock, kill each other. He can’t run this little game if we all rip each other to pieces, so he stops anyone from getting that far.”

“Maybe. But you have to admit his first fight was against the best among us. For all we know, he could probably fair much better against the lower ranks like you and me.”
Demolishor said.

“That’s comforting… I guess.”

Axis took a drink of energon, trying to cool her nerves.

“So what about you? How’d you end up in a place like this?”

“So… I guess this is about our fight right?”
Maxinus asked nervously.

“Yes.”
The champion said bluntly.
“You fight terrible. Worst me Grimlock have seen in long time. But… You do something me Grimlock not seen in long time.”

The king stood and turned slightly. Showing a blackened and burnt scar, right where Maximus struck him with his axe.

“Oh Primus. I am so sorry. Look, I didn’t mean to hurt you that bad I just-”
Maximus stammered, absolutely terrified.

“Stop.”
Grimlock commanded, sitting back down.

“Little dragon bot lacks skill. Fight terrible. But power… You have much. Potential. Strength. Me Grimlock like that.”

Maximus was stunned silent. Unsure how to respond…

“Assuming he doesn’t make the same rookie mistakes he made then.”

“I guess. But don’t you think you’re being just a little too critical?”

“I’m being realistic. If we intend that kid to survive, he needs to dind his faults and find them fast.”

Backbreaker leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees as he clasps his hands together.

“Got captured during the war,” he recalls. “I was separated from my unit during the sixth siege of Kolkular, and some bounty hunter came outta nowhere, got the drop on me.”

“I guess. But for now we’ll just have to wait and see.”

“Crazy. As terrible as this place is, I have to admit. This is probably the only place in the galaxy where you could find a crazy mismatched group of bots like this.”

Grimlock tossed out the two broken pieces of Maximus’ pole axe. Clattering on to the floor and stopping just in front of Maximus.

“Train. Get skill. When you fight better, you fight me Grimlock again. Today was fake match. No fight. Only beating. When we see again in the ring, then it will be real fight.”

Maximus’ mind was racing. Feeling honored, terrified, inspired, and everything in between, all at once.

“Um… Thank you.”
Maxinus said, picking up the pieces.
“But before I go, could I ask you a few things?”

1 Like

Machbreaker bursts towards one of the several piles of tools to hide behind. After looking around to see that no-one is watching, he picks up a small tool and tosses it into the odd door. He quickly ducks back under his cover, listening to see if anything happens.

1 Like

“Maybe,” Backbreaker says, shrugging his shoulders. “We certainly do have some, eh, colorful characters here.”

OOC: OK, I am sorry, I just didn’t had the time to read through all of what I’ve lost. If my post brakes the narrative a little, let me know.
IC: Gronius sat down at a table, expecting Cyclonus and Thundercracker to do the same. He shook his head when he saw Blackout’s gesture, before the big guy left.
He then eyed Wildsong as she entered the room and, instead of sitting to his table, sat to Maximus’ and his friends’.
“I hope it’s not a problem if I seat here.” she said with her somewhat monotone voice.
Gronius frowned as he didn’t let his twin, or any of Maximus’ gang (which I think comprises Axis, Backbreaker and Juliana) out of his sight.

"You can stop trying to hide little one. Unlike my fellow prisoners here, I am far more attentive to the smaller goings on within these walls.
Railfire said, not even looking away from his work.
“Why don’t you come out. I might enjoy the company.”
His tone was surprisingly pleasant and welcoming.
@ajtazt

Cyclonus, Demolishor, and Juliana were sitting together at one table, while Axis and Backbreaker were at another.

“Sure. I don’t mind.”
Axis said.
“You’re that predacon’s sister right? The one who was acting like hot slag earlier?”
(@Chromeharpoon, since Backbreaker is also in this situation)

“Sure has been one hell of a day hasn’t it.”
Thundercracker said, sitting next to Gronius after he collected his rations.

“Fine. Ask questions. We have all night.”
Grimlock said.

“Sorry if this is too blunt but… What happened to you? You’re Grimlock for crying out loud! King of the Dinobots. You’re in every history file I’ve ever read as one of the most powerful warriors in the Great War. The Grimlock I’ve read about wouldn’t just sit here and accept something like this.”
Maximus said.

The champion sighed. He closed his eyes, and when he opened them again, they had changed from a fiery red to a more soft and mournful blue.

“After war, much change.”
He began.
“At first things fine. Quiet. Nice. But then big change happen. Little bots all over place. Over time, many friends go away. Even other dinobots. Little bots never liked me Grimlock. On Cybertron, me monster. Too big, too scary, too angry. But here things different. Here me hero. Me champion. Cybertron nice, but Cybertron not home anymore. Cybertron your home. But this… This my home.”

“I see… I’m sorry.”
Maximus said, quietly and politely.

“Don’t be. Me Grimlock not blame you for what happen. Now, you and me Grimlock in same place. That all that matters.”

“Right. Thank you for your time. It was… Nice getting to talk to you.”
Maximus said.

Grimlock merely nodded and gave an affirming grunt. And with that Maximus left, and started walking back to the common

2 Likes

Gronius eat slowly, looking at the ones around him.
“I feel you man.” he said, tho not as energetic as he usually was.

She nodded.
“That’s what I said earlier in the medbay.”
Even tho the two were opposite genders, there was an almost uncanny similarity between them, especially in their eyes. They seemed to have the exact same optics.

“I’m tellin’ ya. Somethin’ big is gonna happen. I can feel it.”

“Right. Sorry.”
Axis said.
“I’ve kind of been a bit of a mess since I got here. It’s all just been a lot to take in you know?”