Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

Gronius eyed him for a few moments, his arms crossed, without saying anything, just watching him from above (OOC: I see Gronius being like a head taller than Maximus). He then widely grinned, before catching his hand and vigorously shaking it, also pressing more force than he should on it.
“Gronius.”

OOC: That seems good.

“Nice to meet you.”
Maximus said with a smile.
“Strong grip too. I bet you’re great in the ring.”

1 Like

“Wanna test it?” he asked on the same charismatic tone.

“I’d love to, but I’m still sore from my beat down with Grimlock.”
Maximus said with a hand on the back of his head.

“Besides, it’s getting kinda late and I gotta go out to the arena in a bit. Something with Railfire. In the meantime I’d like to just sit here and rest.”

“Oh? The old grumpy doc?”

“Yep! Crazy thing, turns out he’s my decepticon ancestor.”
Looking at the newbie, the triple eye-lenses would be unmistakable.
“Small universe we live in isn’t it.”

“So fascinating!” Gronius said faking strong interest, tho in his depths he couldn’t care less. The only one able to detect this would be Song.

“I know right! He’s gonna give me some combat training, which I’m really looking forward to.”
That would sound odd to just about everyone there. Railfire had been there longer than most, and as long as anyone could remember he was always the grumpy old medic, and far from a warrior.

“Oh, you don’t mind if me and the boys will watch from the tribunes, don’t you?” he asked, nodding his head towards Cyclonus and Thundercracker.

“I guess not. As long as he’s okay with it. Oh by the way, have any of you guys talked to Grimlock lately?”
Maximus asked, more so to everyone around him rather than anyone in particular.

“Uh, no. No we haven’t.”
Hotshot stated, mater of fact.

“Well you should. He’s actually a really nice guy when you get to know him.”
Everyone was stunned by what he said. Gronius in particular, given his status. The champion never made an effort to talk with those below him. Yet for some reason this newcomer predacon who could barely fight to save his life was an exception.
@Toa_Vladin

Nice?” Backbreaker repeats, gobsmacked. “He ripped your arm a few hours ago!”

“Yeah, but that’s not the first time something like that’s happened. And I’m fine now. But after talking to him, I kinda feel bad for the guy. He was a war hero that the Maximal Council just threw away. We didn’t exactly talk much, but I’d love to try and get to know him better.”

“That’s Maximus for you. He’ll try and make a friend out of almost anyone.”
Axis commented.

“It’s a wonder he hasn’t gotten himself killed with that attitude…” Backbreaker remarks.

1 Like

“Believe me, we’ve had more than a few close calls.”
Axis spoke with a clear sense of past irritation.

“That and this annoying habit of jumping in head first to help people, regardless of odds or circumstances, and without even a first thought to his own safety.”

“Oh come on. I’ve turned out fine so far right?”
Maximus said.

“Barely. Remember that one time a huge Driller Worm attacked Kaon, and you just ran at it because it was ‘the right thing to do’?”

“Come on. We all knew the Maximal Federation wasn’t gonna do slag about it. And everyone else was running away.”

“Everyone was running away because there was an evacuation order! They were running for their lives!”

“Come on. We beat it didn’t we? One explosive sniper round to the mouth, and boom! It ran away, and I doubt it’ll come back anytime soon.”

“If I wasn’t there you would have died.”

“And that’s why I appreciate your help so much! I couldn’t have done it without you.”

“Sweet Primus. Maximus, you’re great. But man sometimes I just don’t know what to do with you.”
Axis said with a well meaning chuckle.

1 Like

Backbreaker chuckles.

“So Kaon’s still standing, is it?” he notes. “Good to know.”

“Yep. It’s the Predacon Capital City now. It’s nice, if a little run down, and also doesn’t have any kind of security or law enforcement. But it does have the best pub on Cybertron.”
Maximus said with a smile.

“So nothin’s changed, huh?” Backbreaker deadpans. Indeed, Maximus’ description of post-war Kaon closely resembled how he had known the infamous city in his days as a gladiator.

“Maybe, but from what I’ve read, post war Kaon was at least a little better. It still had some support and attention from the Prime and the Council. But after The Maximal Federation was founded and Cybertron went from Autobot to Maximal dominant, the place was all but forgotten by our government for obvious reasons. Sins of the father and all that.”

Backbreaker shakes his head.

“What a shame,” he says. “I was kinda hoping we’d get the place all cleaned up and respectable after we won the war. Would’ve been a sight to see.”

“If it’s any consolation, Iacon is every bit the shining capital paradise it’s always been.”
Axis chimed in.