Transformers: Tournament of Terror. Sign up and discussion topic.

Wait she hasn’t yet? Huh. I coulda sworn she did. My bad.

1 Like

Nope. She wasn’t in the food fight, that was Razorclaw and others. I believe she and Railgun were chatting at that time. And then Clawshot and Ramjet fought with them later, but she hasn’t talked to either of them between then and now. Neither has Railgun to his brothers, so he would be surprised to see them.

But it works as a bluff. Though not as bad as me describing Busdrive blue almost every time in the game when he’s black and chrome. :astonished:

2 Likes

Honestly I thought the red yellow blue dynamic was pretty interesting. Like those cables you plug into the back of your TV. I thought it fit the whole data team theme.

1 Like

Well, originally I was going to have Byter instead of Busdrive among the ones in the prison. And Byter is blue, so that’s part of it. And in an earlier draft Busdrive was blue as well, but decided to diversify the colors a bit more. So that didn’t help.

2 Likes

@ProfSrlojohn @ajtazt @keiththelegokid

Hey everybody! Quick announcement I want to make before I head into work today.

Something I’ve had planned for a very long time now, and I’m very eager to get to, is a sequel RP to Tournament of Terror.

It’s called Rebirth of the Tyrant:

Deep within the bowls of Cybertron, a cult of Decepticon loyalist predacons work to revive the ancient warlord Megatron. Now living once more, the tyrant takes over an unprepared Cybertron in a matter of days. With Iacon under his control, he sends out a message into the universe, announcing his return and conquest of Cybertron. Decepticons scattered among the stars come flocking from all corners of the galaxy, and make Cybertron their home once more.

13 years later, the message finally hits the refuge colony that Maximus and the former colosseum prisoners have made for themselves. Without hesitation the young predacon begins to organize a rebellion effort, and plans to retake Cybertron. With the help of his friends, and anyone else crazy enough to come along (that’ll be you guys) this rebellion will fight back against the Decepticon grip on Cybertron, and free the planet!

I’ve put a lot of planning into this. Moving from location to location, featuring many different events and areas to explore, as well as multiple boss fights against some major decepticon faces. It’s an adventure I’m sure you’re all going to love.

3 Likes

Sounds like a grand time, can’t wait to see how it goes. Though maybe it would be a better question for later, when we get to that point, but I have a minor timeline question.

So when the message has reached the colony, how long have the characters been in that colony? Have they also, theoretically, been there for thirteen years? Or would it be less time than that? I realize it has taken thirteen years for the message to get there, but with that stretch of time it could imply it’s already on its way.

Though I could be completely forgetting a reference Axis or Maximus made in the game for the last time they were on Cybertron. If it was not that long before their capture, I guess it would be thirteen years? Sorry for the rambling, just the possibilities of where some of the characters could be at by that time is very imagination sparking.

1 Like

I haven’t actually thought about this before, but the general idea is that they’ve been there for 13 years or longer. By the time the message arrives, everyone there would have made themselves well and comfortable in this new home.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I’m just not sure where to take the conversation. Can we put in the missing organ now?

1 Like

Alright. Will do.

What Simulus be like in the fight so far:

1 Like

Hopefully you won’t rush all the reveals at the beginning. Either way I might rejoin that one.

What do you mean exactly?

Too many ideas that got resolved way too early.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I got that all planned out. I have a planned series of events and locations.

You’ll have different places to explore, things to do in specific places, pre-planned boss fights at specific locations, and tons of other stuff planned. There are different NPCs that you’ll meet along the way. Some might join the party till the end, others will help you out but stay in the place you meet them. This is a full on journey across Cybertron, and I’m really excited to get it started once this wraps up.

On top of that, I’ve also designed a plethora of wildlife that the you’ll encounter in different places, all to make the world feel more alive. Most of which is harmless.

1 Like

@Chromeharpoon So I know it has been a long time, but if Backbreaker still wants to find and chat with the Railroad Team they are currently in the commons.

Back in May (7th-11th ish) he was angry at them for shooting Iota, but couldn’t get to them since they were then sent on that other scouting mission. Railfire was suppose to tell him when they came back, but they returned late at night and were already elsewhere at daybreak. In IRL time, that was June. And in June (10-11th ish) Backbreaker said he wanted to ask them to go scouting again to find the generator room.

So if I’m remember correctly and have a correct timeline, it has been one day since Iota announced he was shot and Steeljaw got axed. Backbreaker was angry at them, maybe less so now that a day has passed. And by now in game-time it is probably mid-day? But finding them and asking for that scouting was still on his to-do list.

2 Likes

Dang. All this has happened in under 48 hours?

Anyway, thanks for reminding me. Backbreaker would definitely still want to talk to the Railroad Team if so little time has passed. I’ll get on that.

1 Like

As far as I can recall, yup, it has been under 48 hours. Though it is primarily based on recollection from what my characters were doing. So perhaps time could have moved forward when I wasn’t looking with the others.

I sort of doubt it…if only because my antics seemed to hung up the game and spotlight far too long. Apologies for that, if my actions caused a stretch of it to be boring. Never my intention, though Keith not being able to actively respond for a stretch didn’t help either.

Anyways, back on top to order of events. So daybreak comes, Railfire and Backbreaker discuss briefly about the logistics of shooting Iota and then the escape plan some more. In the meantime, the Railroad Team was out dumpster diving and investigating Steeljaw’s corpse. Once they came back in, Nebula wanted just her and Railgun to hang out. Railgun washed up, they started to chat in private, and began their fight against the training simulations (Whirl, Backbreaker*, and Clutchfire & Doomshot).

Though before the two Mini-Cons are duking it out with sims, it’s breakfast time in the commons…I think? Maybe close to mid-morning by then? Regardless, RAM is sent out and causes havoc and needing rescue. Overclock and Busdrive come to save him, resulting in Juliana getting toasted, and the three of them getting locked up.

After Razorclaw and Juliana come in to get repairs, Tie-Grabber, Machbreaker, Clawshot, and Ramjet go to interrogate the Data Discs. I believe around this time Oddball was venturing out in the city and theater. Due to the Mini-Cons actions, the goons managed to escape, causing all the trash chutes to be boarded up. Not that it mattered, as they got back in and returned to Simulus. At that point Nebula and Railgun had finished their battles and were getting repaired, discussing plans.

Then they convinced Maximus to fight Simulus, they duke it out while Oddball, Clawshot, and Ramjet go to have fun. Grimlock comes to have fun in the commons thanks to Oddball and Simulus just barely manages to defeat Maximus. And now we’re here.

*I was actually hoping Backbreaker would have walked in while Railgun and Nebula was fighting his sim. Especially the part where they defeated him. Given he was already upset at Railgun, seeing them kill him would have caused a lot of fun drama. Probably not good for Railgun’s health, but would have been something to see I’m sure.

1 Like

Look keeping a consistent day/night cycle is harder than I thought it’d be okay?

To be fair, time in these kind of games are always convoluted. And besides, realistically not a whole lot of time has passed. Most of those fights would have just been minutes long at best. It’s just unfortunate that it got dragged out to months on everyone.

Edit: On a different note while it’s on my mind, what happened to the tournament? Did it end? I sort of lost track of where that was at.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about that. I kinda had a plan with that, but it fell apart when more sideplots showed up. Not that I blame you guys. They’ve been fun. But I just lost track of what I was doing. At this point I really just want to focus on getting through the escape plan and wrap this whole thing up.

@ajtazt by the way, how’s this disguise going to interact with Maximus’ electrical abilities? I feel like it’d be too easy for him to prove who he really is if he can still throw lighting as usual.