Transformers: Tournament of Terror. Sign up and discussion topic.

Juliana is always one of my favorite charecters in any RP I add her into. This version however, might be my favorite, simply because of the more fleshed-out back-story.

‐-----------

But… she was thinking, not talking…

2 Likes

Oh. I saw the quotation mark and just assumed. I’ll edit accordingly.

Out of curiosity, where is this story at? There’s a sliver of possibility that I’d join

1 Like

We’re sort of in the third act here. The games master Iota has been acting strange, and a breakout plan has already been made.

1 Like

Basically, crap’s about to hit the fan.

1 Like

@EmperorDuckie there is a fair bit I’d have to catch you up on regarding NPCs, recent events, and the layout of the colosseum. But it shouldn’t be too much trouble. I’d be happy to have you aboard.

Idk I just had something come up irl. Sorry

1 Like

No worries. Join if you want to. I won’t try to push.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll definitely consider

1 Like

OOC: To get this narrative straight, what in the world are you trying to do? Your actions thus far have not been clear and have been nonsensical, yet you refuse to actually counter or respond to Railgun’s actions. Instead, you keep trying to rework Clutchfire’s move to somehow make it work and this is the fourth time you’ve tried. For others reading, it has been four times despite the three numbered above as he had to edit the 1. previously for it not making any sense in continuity.

Let’s establish where we currently are and go from there. Railgun has activated Powerlinx, which as far as I can recall cannot be interrupted. Or at the very least, not interrupted by the two involved. And Clutchfire’s port is located on his back, behind the gun in vehicle mode. Which Clutchfire should not be able to attack Railgun while the Powerlinx is taking place. And even if he could once Railgun was over the port, that’s just really bad placement on Clutchfire’s part.

Regardless, Railgun shoots the port and destroyed it, does more damage to Clutchfire with additional shots (possibly taking out the gun), and tries to hold onto Clutchfire’s back. And Clutchfire auto-transforms in response…Which is something that happens? Does getting shot in the back tend to revert them from vehicle mode? I guess in certain version they do tend to turn into their robot form when rocketed by an explosive or powerful attack. But if that’s the case here, automatic transformation due to damage, how is Clutchfire able to aim, much less attempt, a kick at Railgun?

And then there is the kick itself. Again, as previously stated, because of how close Railgun is to Clutchfire’s back, (quite possibly on it as well), a kick should be incredibly unlikely to land. But the kick is a result of coming out of the transformation sequence, so how exactly does Clutchfire transform?

I do realize Clutchfire’s model/representation is different, but here’s a clip of the V.A.M.P. transforming in Transformers: Earth Wars.

I also watched Hound’s regular transformation for reference and it doesn’t appear able to do the kick being implied. Not going from vehicle mode into robot. But alright, ignoring that version of transformation as several do fold their legs into their backs to make the vehicle form, I have to assume that’s the type of transformation Clutchfire is doing.

And as previously stated, if Railgun is over by the Minicon port, unless you mean to tell me that’s part of the legs and/or feet…Then you really do need to describe better how he looks and transforms, especially when it’s very relevant here. But okay, he somehow manages to be in potential range to kick Railgun while transforming despite essentially being on his back and in such close proximity as to make the kick impossible. Excellent.

Railgun is in a position were Clutchfire can’t really see Railgun and only guess where to kick and hope it works. And he’s small, increasing the chance of Clutchfire missing. But based on description 1, the transformation flips/turns Cltuchfire all the way around so that he’s front-facing Railgun. He is never described as turning to face Railgun, he just grabs his shovel and is ready to attack/defend. And then based in attempt 2, it must be forward facing as he again does not have to turn and can just swing it in attempts to strike.

Which is really confusing why his transformation results in him facing the direction behind himself. Kind of seems counter-productive and strange…Does that mean when he turned into the jeep initially that it was facing backwards? How in the world could he have been shooting at Railgun? He would be blind, no help from rear-view mirrors at that point. Though it would make the Powerlinx trick all the easier to pull off…

And I’m getting sidetracked by the lack of details again. Anyways, so because Clutch’s transformation is having him forward facing, that really only allows him to due a front kick in the process. Rather than a front crawl, swimming-esc kick as a result of the legs folding out. Which it can’t be that kick since if Railgun avoid it the kick could not come back down to potentially strike him again. Correction, Railgun couldn’t duck/fall to avoid it via that method and would be kicked around like a soccer ball.

Which again brings the problem of proximity, as Railgun, depending on how far up the port was and how far away it is now, does affect how far he might be falling to the ground. And, more importantly, how the kick might work. If Clutchfire is so close, does a forward kick, and Railgun manages to fall under it, then Clutchfire has practically jumped over Railgun. The train should be behind the Autobot and get free shots, especially since Clutchfire is aiming quite high.

But alright, assuming that Clutchfire was driving forward during this and somehow managed to get some distance to at least pull off this front kick. Great. Where is the shovel? Where is this shovel located on Clutchfire? Based on attempts 1 and 2, it seemed like maybe it was stored on his back, front, or side. Somewhere at the very least where it would be easy for his left hand to grab. And then in 3 he is suddenly having to kick it up to himself…What?

Attempt 3 in its entirety makes no sense nor even attempts to address or counter Railgun’s last actions. So the shovel is now somewhere for him to kick with his damaged foot…What damaged foot? Did Railgun successfully blast the joint of the leg/foot? How is it kicking the now dropped shovel up to himself in a stomping motion? I can only assume its the swing coming back, because the initial kick cannot be it and it can’t be a new one. But even a returning kick makes no sense because, “…clock the pesky Railgun anywhere he could hopefully distracting his feet blasting plans.”

So, Railgun has not shot Clutchfire in the ankles yet. But the foot is somehow damaged…The shovel is something that needs to be kicked to pick up…And now Clutchfire is attempting to do a spinning kick? Why? How? Why? What in the world is happening right now? Has his transformation changed so much that he’s now doing some sort of hip-hopping, freestyle tornado kick while transforming?

Seriously, this action makes no sense. It addresses none of the previous actions up until this point and seems to completely retcon the initial response in a massive way. Yet also paradoxically seems to think at least Railgun’s actions, to a very limited extend, would still be attempted.

I’m giving you one last chance to explain what you’re trying to do, to straighten out your actions. Should you fail to do so, your sim character will automatically lose the fight and Railgun just blasts his head off.

1 Like

@keiththelegokid @ajtazt @ProfSrlojohn

If any of you are interested in a Vex history lesson, I recommend paying attention here.

2 Likes

Well his transformation is based off the Energon Ominicon Jeep. So basing the G.I. Joe Vamp design the shovel would be on his leg, so his foot would be able to kick it up when he transformed. At least that’s what I was going for.

@ProfSrlojohn I forget; has Backbreaker given Juliana her axe back yet?

No, not yet.

While this does clarify how his transformation works in general, the narrative of your actions still does not make sense. The order of events are still mixed up and you have provided no counters to Railgun’s attacks. I am just going to consider Clutchfire to have failed and move the game forward in this area.

1 Like

@ProfSrlojohn found it

Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic - #3507 by MaxinePrimal

1 Like

@ProfSrlojohn @Chromeharpoon @ajtazt @keiththelegokid

Just so everyone knows I’m going on a camping trip tomorrow (or probably today depending on when you read this) and won’t be back until Saturday.

Overclock is not restoring the room’s hardlight projectors, he’s fixing Simulus since the EMP has, temporarily disabled disabled Simulus’s own hardlight and holomatter capabilities.

And on the matter of his “bullets,” it’s just easier to refer to it as such. The following is just explanation/discussion, not an argument, I’ll still be replying to the move.

The neutron assault rifle is an energy weapon, though there are differing descriptions in how its functions. I can’t find the exact wording for the War for Cybertron game variant (which is what he uses), but it is said that,

“The Neutron Assault Rifle distorts the equilibrium of its target by blasting it with sonic booms. Once disoriented, the attacker can close in with a melee attack.”

Though this does greatly conflict with Fall of Cybertron’s description of, “Reliable automatic rifle fires hyper-piercing, heated neutrons at 600 rounds per minute.”

So, I just lean towards lighter, rapid energy “bullets.” Especially since if they just disorientate targets, I don’t see how the rifle could kill enemies in the game.

2 Likes

Thanks! This information will be useful.

1 Like

Nebula is sure pulling a panicked bluff here, since she hasn’t met them yet.

1 Like