Transformers: Tournament of Terror. Sign up and discussion topic.

Hello everyone! I apologize for the prolonged silence. I’ve been rather busy for a while and haven’t had the chance to check the message boards in a long time.

That being said, for those of you who are still interested, Rebirth of The Tyrant should be set to launch in the next few weeks. Only a few critical art pieces are left before I have everything I need to get started.

4 Likes

Aight, lezz go!

1 Like

“Good news guys! It’ll just be a few more weeks to launch!”
One month later:

Yeah, I’m really sorry about the long wait guys. But that wait is finally over! The sign up topic for Rebirth of The Tyrant is finally up and ready for submissions!

5 Likes

Woot-woot!

2 Likes

Now I have to get back into the habit of frequently checking the message boards

3 Likes

How to join if I know next to nothing about Predacons and Maximals?
I have an idea for a character but that’s about it.

2 Likes

Covertly enter a gobot instead

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider this an endorsement, but if you want a decent rundown, Wikipedia or the Transformers Wiki aren’t bad places to check out. But what is and is not a Maximal or Predacon as factions and their story has shifted and changed a lot depending on the timeline.

But the short version is Maximals and Predacons are transformers that look more like realistic animals (so many exceptions apply). Maximals are basically the Autobots and the Predacons are basically the Decepticons. And that’s probably all you really need to know for the game.

3 Likes

What’s the story we’re using?

As MaximusPrimal stated in his topic, the RP’s continuity is his own mix of the Transformers story. So where it all differs and where it’s the same is hard to say. But if you want a general place to start for comparisons, probably Beast Wars?

1 Like

Oh, ok.

Basic synopsis of the maximals and predacons of my continuity.

After the Great War, Cybertron fell into an energy crisis. Not enough Energon to go around with the current population. So smaller, more fuel efficient templates were designed. Maximals, descended from Autobots, and Predacons, descended from Decepticons.

As these new breeds of Cybertronians populated the planet, they slowly worked to replace their predecessors outright, via legal exile. This event was known as the mass exodus.

In the current day, Maximals and Predacons are the ones who call Cybertron home. Predacons, being the descendents of the universally hated Decepticons, are often treated unfairly, like second class citizens.

2 Likes

Alright, thanks.

1 Like

One other quick note. Maximals and predacons tend to prefer beast modes over vehicle modes. Maximals tend to have mammals and birds, while Predacons usually like bugs and reptiles.

While these are significant trends, they are by no means strict rules.

1 Like