Transformers: Unicron Apocalypse

“I’m pleased to meet you, Backblast,” Coppeweb says politely, holding out an arm for a handshake. Whether or not the Junkion accepts the offer, he’ll leave the conversation afterward to approach Solus Prime (@MaxinePrimal)

“I am aware of Prima’s reputation among the other chapters, sers,” Bulwark says to the two, doing his best to not let his irritation show at Amalgamous’s antics: first the Shifter makes a fool of him, and now he insults his intelligence. How did the rest of the Primes put up with him?

“I do not wish to trade further gossip, however- as you advised, Vector Prime. Perhaps I should take my leave now.”

3 Likes

Backblast shakes his hand.

2 Likes

“But of course. This is a library after all. As long as the books are returned in good condition, I have no issue.” Alpha Trion said.

By now Solus had finished fixing up her own stand and was helping out another merchant. However as Coppeweb approached she immediately lost all attention to the task at hand, eagerly captivated by the artificer’s additional limbs mounted to his back.

“Ooh. Hello there. What have we here?”

Amalgamous rolled his eyes. And by that, the entirety of his eyes moved around on his face in a rolling fashion. “Not exactly what I was talking about, but fine. I’ll let it be.”

“I apologize again for my brother’s actions. I swear he isn’t always this intolerable.” Vector Prime said, clearly disappointed and even a little embarrassed by Amalgamous’ behavior.

4 Likes

“Thank you very much sir, with any luck, three of these will be back in a week and the rest by the end of the month…” he told the prime, standing up from the table.

2 Likes

“I am Coppeweb, Solus Prime,” the arachnoid inventor says confidently. “It’s an honor to speak with you. I have a project of mine that I’m working on, and I was told that I might seek you out for your input.”

“You have not offended me, sers,” Bulwark says to the two. “I simply must leave now, for surely you both have matters of greater import to see to than to make idle talk with one such as myself.”

2 Likes

Fanboys. Backblast thinks as he smirks at Coppeweb’s flattery towards Solus.

4 Likes

Alpha Trion smiled. “Excellent. I hope these tomes serve you well.”

The Prime’s face lit up with unadulterated excitement. “You got something? A device? A doohickey? A thingamajig? I’d love to see it! What do you got?”

“Not really. I’ve just been messing with people all day.” Amalgamous casually replied. Which was quickly met with by a sharp elbow from Vector Prime. “Ow! I mean uh, yeah. Lots of important stuff to do. Busy busy busy. You know how it is.”

“I will hold you here no longer. All I wish is that you enjoy the rest of the day’s festivities.” Vector Prime happily said to Bulwark.

3 Likes

Steam hissed from Caus’s mouth, as mechanical components moved
and released, and electrical current ran through his arms. The lights on his body started to flash faster, and his claws extended. More parts could be heard clicking and hissing, and the sound of liquid sloshing around. Webbing started to form in his hands, as the electrical current ran through them. “Lets begin.”

4 Likes

He bowed quickly to the prime, and quickly made a beeline for alchamist’s bar, ironic, considering long-hoe’s dislike of insects and mechanimals.

2 Likes

Backblast just chuckles, this childlike wonder and excitement, it was endearing, familiar, to him.

2 Likes

“Simple rules. First to get knocked out of the ring or call it in looses. Lets do this!” Roadblock shouted and immediately rushed forward and swung their fist down, aiming to get a solid punch in on Caus.

When Long-Hoe set foot into Alchemist’s Old Oilhouse he would be met with an incredible atmosphere of cheer and celebration. The room was filled with talk and laughter. Off to the side a group of bots were standing up with their arms over each others shoulders. Clearly a bit intoxicated, the group was singing the end of a classic song associated with the Allspark Festival.

Then the Primes all came along
And killed that scrapper Unicron
Then Primus gave us Cybertron
And that’s why we sing today!
The group devolved into a drunken mess of laughter and mumbling that only resembled singing, but were still having a good time none the less.

A few moments later Alchemist Prime stood up on his bar counter, quickly getting everyone’s attention.

Joining in with the merriment, the Prime started to sing.

Oh I know a bot with tons of pride
He’s a knightly sort with shining eyes
His legions are found far and wide
He then leaned forward, turning his head and putting a hand to his audio receptor, all in a fun and exaggerated fashion.
“Who is he?”

The patrons of the bar immediately shouted together. “Prima!”

Alchemist laughed. “Very good! Here’s another one.”
I know a bot made from a savage mold
But in his spark is a gentle soul
All of the beasts he does control
Who is he?”

There was a mummer among the bar for a few moments, before the bar once again shouted out “Onyx!”

“Oh! Oh! I got one!” One bot in the middle of the bar stood up on his table.
I know a bot who’s big and round
Makes the best darn drinks in the whole darn town
And in this room he can be found
Now, what’s his name?”

The Prime gave a hearty chuckle. “My oh my, that sure is a tough one. Why I could never guess. Who is it?”

“Its Alchemyst Prime!” The bar cheered out. Alchemist laughed to himself and got back down behind the bar counter.

3 Likes

Long-hoe attempted to avoid the merry-maker’s flailing arms and grand gestures, the good doctor never having been one for this sort of atmosphere.

Still, he pressed on, attempting to reach the bar and speak with the large prime.

2 Likes

Coppeweb flexes his secondary arms, and they swing over his chest.

“Solus Prime, the machine affixed to my back is a prototype fabricator that can manufacture small items out of sentio metallico,” he begins. As he speaks, strands of the programmable matter in its base form start to spill from the fabricator’s arms. The four claws pull at these goopy strands and weave them into each other, while Coppeweb taps at a pair of holographic controls that have appeared in front of his hands.

“The machine is integrated into my body- it uses my regenerative ability to create the material it needs to work,” Coppeweb explains. “The process is completely painless, fortunately, and it doesn’t endanger me so long as I maintain a sufficient reserve of energon. Using these controls you see here, I can program desired elemental properties into the sentio metallico, causing it to assume the form of almost whatever material I require. These four arms here shape the materials into the proper parts, put them all together, and voila!”

The fabricator works as Coppeweb describes: some of the sludgy protomatter hardens into a smooth, reflective metal, while other strands become polymer plates, wires, and circuits. The arms juggle these pieces between their delicate manipulators as they bring them together, and after a moment, the fabricator shuts off and compacts, and Coppeweb holds a golden orb in his right hand, with circular seams crisscrossing its surface. He holds up the device for Solus and the others around him to see, hoping that his demonstration was sufficiently impressive.

“Likewise, Vector Prime,” Bulwark says courteously. Though Amalgamous’s attitude and snide comments may have irked him, the primes nonetheless deserved the highest respect. With a nod, he takes his leave of the pair, and resumes his trek toward the pits.

3 Likes

Alchemist smiled as Dr. Long-Hoe approach the bar. “Welcome! What can I get for you good sir?” He cheerfully asked.

As Solus watched the machine do its work, she was completely speechless. And when the machine finished and Coppeweb presented the fully formed orb to her, she was thrilled. “Sweet Cybertron. This is incredible! Complete mastery over living cybermatter. It’s- it’s-” She struggled to find her words for a moment.

“It’s nothing short of revolutionary! This could completely change the way we look at manufacturing, medicine, everything! I’ve never seen anything like this before. Sentio metallico is the one material I’ve never been able to really work with. It never shaped the way I wanted it to when I used my forge. This is amazing! Coppeweb right? With tech like this, I can see a personal laboratory in the Admecha capital in your near future.”

Several white circles had been painted on to the streets, while many warriors fought in said circles. Among them were mostly knights and some kindred.

Bulwark could see a match between a bug-like kindred and a powerful looking bond pair gestalt.
@MakutaOisli

Two odd looking knights were having a conversation at the front of the crowd. One carried a tall pole axe, and looked like she had seen more than her fair share of action.
@NOTaHFfan

Nexus and Micronus Prime watched from the rear. The latter sitting on the former’s shoulder, and seemed to be having some sort of debate.

And not too far from them was another odd looking knight with a long pole or cannon barrel that stuck up from his back.
@DuneToa

3 Likes

“Ever try to get a young one to follow commands?” Backblast asks, “they do the complete opposite; because they are alive and have a mind of their own.”

“It isn’t called Living Metal for nothing.” He chuckles.

4 Likes

Flattered, Coppeweb does not immediately reply. To hear such praise from a Prime and the leader of his chapter fills him with great pride. There are yet limitations to his current prototype, and his ability to program the living metal needs refinement, but he will continue his experiments with renewed vigor.

Coppeweb turns his head, his thoughts spurred by Backblast’s comment.

“I’ve never thought of it that way,” he realizes, thinking aloud. “What if the reason my fabricator has been more successful is that I’m working with living metal extracted from my own body? Could it be more receptive to me because it’s technically part of me?”

He looked down at the orb in his hand. That thought raised a few more questions about the objects he made using the fabricator- philosophical quandaries that he felt he wasn’t well-suited to ponder.

The sight of the beastly transformer facing off against the intimidating combiner piques Bulwark’s intrigue. He hurries over to this ring; it looks to him like the fight it just beginning, and he’s sure he doesn’t want to miss a second of it.

3 Likes

Solus Prime scoffed. “I think you’re overthinking it. Sentio metallico is just like every other material. Every substance has a personality that you need to learn to work around. Take… stone, for example.” She lifted one foot and stomped down with extreme force, making a third crater and sending a large chunk of the ground into the air. As it came up she snatched it out of the air with one hand.

“Stone is tough, stubborn. You have to be forceful and direct. But hit it too hard or in just the wrong spot, and it’ll crumble to dust. So you learn to work with it. Stern but precise. Powerful but careful. Do everything right, and-” Solus tossed the hunk of rock into the air. Then with a snap of her fingers and a flash of light, a massive hammer came into existence.

She grabbed the hammer with both hands and swung it, striking the stone as it came down. There was another burst of light, and the stone clattered to the ground. Now in the shape of a miniature statue of Solus Prime triumphantly holding her Forge Hammer over her head. If either Backblast or Coppeweb cared to give the sculpture a closer look, they would find its detail to be immaculate.

“And there you go! There’s nothing that can’t be broken down and built back up into something better. Cyber-matter is no different. Its just a bit… trickier is all. And apparently doesn’t like hammers.”

3 Likes

Crap. Caus dodged the punch, starting to weave webs with his lower arms. Should have put my guard up. More steam rose from his throat, pumping out tremendously, before blasting a stream of acid from his throat, spraying out in front of him.

3 Likes

Backblast just smirks, “we all have our talents.” He says. It was difficult to see but he was impressed with the detail on the statue.

“Though, I imagine having a magic hammer that can create virtually anything you can imagine helps a lot.” He says.

3 Likes

“Some chemistry advice, if you’re willing to offer it good sir!” Long-Hoe said, taking a seat. “Got some rather tricky formulations that have me stumped.”

2 Likes