Transformers: Unicron Apocalypse

“Alright, I have two formulations for you, let’s start with the simpler one.” He slid a sheet of paper across the bar “This is haxadrol, a pesticide I’m concocting for one of the colonies with a Weevil problem. It’s primarily a mixture of one part Xenon di-flouride, two part hydrogen peroxide, and four part benzol, wich is the most effective mixture yet, however it still doesn’t kill the buggers, it just makes them… effectively drunk. Perhaps another Alcohol? Perhaps Ethyl? Or perhaps Ethanol? Either way Benzol clearly isn’t strong enough.”

2 Likes

“Wait, it’s not easy to use? Even for a Prime? And here I thought that it was a shortcut.” Backblast says.

1 Like

“Uhm… thanks!” Coppeweb says to Defender, unused to receiving such praise. He knows that there are far more impressive machines out in the universe- Solus Prime’s Forge was right there- but he’ll take the compliment. He smiles appreciatively at the other bot, before turning his attention back to Solus.

“That is the intention,” he replies to the Prime. “I have my schematics and research notes, if you want to have a look at them.”

He takes a datacard out of a compartment in his leg, and offers it to Solus. “Please, review it when you have the time, if you want to. I know you must receive a great many requests from other artificers, so I’d understand if you couldn’t.”

Bulwark watches the fight with rapt attention, though he is currently unsure who to root for. The spidery bot might seem to have an advantage with his acid breath, perhaps, but his opponent could be cunning enough to outwit him despite it. Standing at the edge of the crowd around the ring, he continues to observe in silence.

2 Likes

“My Forge Hammer takes a lot of skill and focus to use properly. Its not just something I can hit things with and magically turn them into whatever I want. Its a tool of ultimate creation. But if you don’t know what you’re doing it can easily get out of control. It took me decades to master its power.” Solus Prime explained.

“With something this big, I’ll be sure to make it a priority.” Solus took the data chip, and with a snap of her fingers it vanished in a flash of light. Another snap and her hammer disappeared as well. “I’ll be sure to look the whole thing over first thing tomorrow. I’d love to do it sooner, but I Onyx made me promise not to worry about work during the festival.”

Alchemist took a moment to examine the paper and pondered the compounds written upon it. A moment later he retrieved a pen from under the counter and wrote down a few things. “All its really missing is a couple basic elements. A dash of phosphorus, a bit of bromine, and it should work right as rain.”

The Gravitus Memorial Park was a beautiful place packed with lush technorganic trees. Sunlight filtered through the leaves, casting their rays on to the green and teal circuit grass beneath her feet. Paved stone paths weaved through open spaces across the park, with large open clearings dotted around the vast space. In these clearings performers of all kinds had crowded themselves in. Musicians, dancers, magicians, and actors all put their sparks out to eager crowds. Music and cheering could be heard from all around.

At the edge of one such clearing, the trickster Prime Liege Maximo was perched up in a tree.

When Updraft arrived, she would see what looked like a knight of Cybertron facing off against a massive and terrible organic beast. It had vast tattered wings and a long neck and tail. The both of them were surrounded by all manner of gold and jewels. The beast reared its head and breathed a wave of fire at the knight. The knight raised his shield to defend himself. The flames rushed past him, though harmlessly washed over the small audience Liege had gathered. They shouted in surprise, but laughed in excitement as they realized the flames had no effect.

2 Likes

“Yes, yes I see it now! The Bromine will bond with the Xenon filling it’s Valance electrons, and the Phosophorus, as long as it’s red phosophorus, should bond with both the previous compount and the Benzol creating Xenopethonol, or Insecticons bane, and the Peroxide should dilute it enough to keep it from reacting with the air! Genius!” he rapidly wrote down notes for this pesticide and stored them away. “Now, here is a more complex one, and personally something of a masterpiece if I do say so.”

He hands him a sheet of paper with yet more diagrams and formulae on it. “What you’ll see here is a revolutionary new compound I call Aci-block. It’s a alkali substance, PH-14, however it is incredibly porus, almost like activated charcoal, but for acidic substances. I’ve estimated it’s surface area to be nearly 29,000 sq. feet.” (OOC: for context, Activated charcoal is nearly 32,000 sq. Feet)

“It can be safely mixed into specific paints and various other coatings, however, I cannot find a Proper non-acidic aerosol. Once that’s done that can be mixed into a clear coat and cybertronians could coat themselves in it before going into a acidic environment! They’ll need regular refreshing, but better density will come in time.” He gets a little excited by the end, hoping the prime will be impressed by his creation

4 Likes

This is going to get nasty real quick. The sticky lining caught well between his legs, and soon, if not dealt with, it would immobilize him. Spraying more acid at his own legs, it ate away at it, and would not hurt his own body, before hurling electro magnetic webbing at Roadblock.

2 Likes

The acid makes quick work of the liquid cement, and the webbing covers the opening of the cement drum. Locking it up and keeping it from firing.

“Well aren’t you’re just full of surprises.” Roadblock remarked. After a moment of struggle they managed to break the webbing and separate their arms. With Caus seemingly occupied with freeing himself, he threw another punch straight for his face.

“That’s quite the creation you have here!” Alchemist said enthusiastically. “I believe Solus is working on a similar concept. Some sort of mechanical hazard suit. Seemed rather over-complicated if you ask me. No need to bother with mechanics and machinery when a simple alchemic mixture could do the job just as well. This is going to do a lot of people a lot of good.”

2 Likes

“I certainly hope so. The ill fated Shakespearian expedition should finally be able to get underway with this. I just need a good aerosol!”

2 Likes

“I guess Primus wanted to teach a lesson there?” Backblast asks.

1 Like

“Of course, Solus Prime,” Coppeweb says with a nod. With a smile, he adds, “Even Primes must party, upon occasion. I’ve taken up enough of your time already, I’m sure.”

2 Likes

“Well if I give this another look…” Alchemist looked back over the second sheet notes, writing down a few small notes. He then slid it back to Long-Hoe. “This should get the job done. Though don’t be afraid to come back to me if you end up with more problems.”

OOC: Sorry for not giving specific elements again. Chemistry isn’t exactly my specialty. And Google wasn’t super helpful.

“Pretty much. Each and every one of us had something to learn or work past before we were ready for Unicron. My biggest problem was being unable to focus.” Solus replied.

“Not at all! Honestly this has been my favorite part of the day so far.” Solus said cheerfully.

2 Likes

“You couldn’t focus?” Backblast asks, “the engineer?”

“I would’ve thought Amalgamous would have that issue.” He chuckles.

3 Likes

Breakpoint’s smirk grew wider:

“So you’re not the usual kind of a knight, I see. Not setting any unreasonable goals. Normally they can’t stop bragging about honour and duty, all that pretentious stuff… but it goes away quickly when they find out what real war is. I myself have abandoned this “knight lifestyle” a long time ago, now I’m just a normal citizen, I suppose…”
Breakpoint paused for a few seconds, seemingly reminiscing about something.
“What’s your name?” She asked “You’re looking for real combat experience, so how do you feel about sparring against someone who went through several wars? That’s an opportunity you don’t get very often, isn’t it?” For the first time in the conversation her eyes flashed with a glimpse of interest: “I didn’t come here to fight, but you intrigued me, so maybe you will be able to make this evening a little less unbearable.”

5 Likes

The bot smiled. “The name’s Twin-Rotor. I’d be happy to go one on one with a veteran like yourself. Sounds like a good learning opportunity.” He said happily.

“Amalgamous’ issue was a lack of attention. He got distracted by anything and everything back in the day.” Solus replied with a chuckle. “Not that he’s gotten completely better since then, but he’s nowhere near as bad as he used to be. My issue on the other hand was being unable to focus on one single idea. Dad made me to be the perfect engineer. A limitless creative mind able to fabricate anything I could imagine! But as a result, I was nothing but ideas. My mind was constantly buzzing with new concepts for gadgets and tools. But I could never stick on one long enough to actually work it out. I’d just wildly swing my hammer around with half baked plans in mind. And it always ended up blowing up in my face. Literally. So much so that for years Micronus was convinced I had a fundamental misunderstanding of what my hammer actually did, thinking that all it was good for was making explosions.”

2 Likes

“Wait… you mean for your hammer to work correctly, you must know exactly how the end product should be designed?”
Defender stared at Solus Prime with an expression of surprise.
“I’ve always thought it just would create whatever the user wanted.”

1 Like

Backblast laughs at that last bit, “like how mine exploded?” He asks.

1 Like

“That’s what a lot of people think, and I can understand why. I know I make it look pretty easy. But it really isn’t. There’s a reason I’ve never let anyone else borrow it.” She replied.

Solus laughed. “Yeah, I guess so. Though the idea also inspired me to make a new hammer of my own that I’m pretty proud of.”

2 Likes

“Ah, but what fun would there be in that! Regardless, I appreciate your wisdom, this will help many people.” He checked his chrono. “If you’ll pardon me, it seems like one of my experiments will be reaching it’s conclusion!” He hops off of the barstool.

2 Likes

“Really? And what weapon of mass destruction is this? You don’t make an exploding hammer and not have it classed as a WMD.” Backblast says.

2 Likes

“I’m not really in the business of making super weapons to be honest. Learned that lesson with the Requiem Blaster. Really glad Megatronus doesn’t use it anymore.” Solus snapped her fingers. Another flash and another hammer. This one was very boxy and square in its shape.

This mighty weapon was just as large and her Forge Hammer. It’s head probably weiged just as much as the junkion did, if not more.

“I call this baby Vulkan. I got the idea after talking to Micronus once. He was saying something about how a hammer was impractical and I needed to get some sort of ranged weapon. My solution? Boom!” Solus pulled a trigger on the handle, causing the front of the hammer to flip up. Revealing the tips of four rockets, all ready to fire.

“It also has a rocket engine in the back, giving it way more force to my swings. And I can use it as a mobility tool too. It’s definitely one of my better inventions in my humble opinion.”

Alchemist smiled and waved as Long-Hoe walked out. “Happy I could help! Hope you enjoy the rest of the festival.”

2 Likes