Transformers: Unicron Apocalypse

Backblast was charging on foot toward the hostiles, laughing like a madman, “oh, this is gonna be fun!”

(Safety is off on the POKE)

3 Likes

Defender struggled to his feet, mind reeling. He saw Backblast run past him, toward the fight, laughing like a maniac.
What the heck? Wha- He stopped, realizing that he’d been hit pretty hard by the stone pillar. There was a massive dent in his chest, the armor crushed and scratched. I’m gonna need some repairs…

1 Like

A shot glances off Coppeweb’s hull, and the inventor lists to one side before he transforms and falls onto the street. His battle mask snaps over his face, its eight ocular cameras flashing red as its augmented reality interface activates. He runs for cover, then searches the area for any civilians in distress.

Without breaking stride, Bulwark rears up onto his hind legs. His body collapses into itself to form the torso of his robot mode, and the dragon’s forelegs swing back to allow his robot form’s arms to emerge. The Knight runs up to the beast, raising his left arm over his head to protect himself while he throws an uppercut aimed at the enemy’s jaw with his right.

2 Likes

Defender gains his balance and fires off a shot at the monster attacking Bulwark. He then turns to face the pink bot, his optics narrowed in his anger. “You should give up while you have the chance,” he says. “You’ve already done more damage than you could repair.”

1 Like

Most of the civilians had fled the scene and were at a safe distance. Though Coppeweb could see one meek little scholar hiding behind a large chunk of rubble. His violet form trembled as he looked absolutely terrified.

The punch connected, and the savage beast took one step backwards. The monster was slightly taller than Bulwark, and when he looked down at the knight he had a sadisticly excited grin on his face.

“Good. Finally.” He growled.

With a furious shout the beast raised his left hand to slash down at the knight. But just before he brought his hand down, Defeander’s rail gun struck the beast’s hand, saving Bulwark from the strike. Wound in his palm sparked and sputtered. It looked exceedingly painful.

The feral warrior looked at Defeander with burning hatred. More angry that he interrupted their fight than the actual wound itself.

“Fecto! Deal with him!” He roared.

“My pleasure.” The maniac replied with a twisted smile. With another stomp each and every one of the stone pillars crackled with alchemic energy and exploded. Sending even more fire and stone shrapnel across the battle field. The detonations traveled rapidly, moving across the line columns until it reached the ones near Defeander.

“Our goals are beyond anything you could understand!” Shouted the pink one. “The sacrifice of one library is but one step on the path to salvation!”

@BlackBeltGamer98 with the savage beast so close to Bulwark, the only ones safe to engage with his hammer would either be the mad sorcerer or angry fembot.

2 Likes

“Oh, look at that, it’s Pinky and the Brain!” Backblast calls to the duo, “maybe you should go by Pinkie and the Lame! Because I’ve seen better magic from an initiate!” He starts charging at them, deploying his grenade launcher and peppering them with frag grenades while humming a little tune.

OOC: if this were DnD, I’d ask if that could count as a casting of Vicious Mockery.

3 Likes

Cau immediately noticed the smoke, and started crawling up and out of the arena and heading towards the records. “Let us resume this later. We need to help the people there. Are at least, see what happened.”

2 Likes

Trusting that Defender, Backblast, and the other do-gooders who had joined this little citizens’ arrest would keep the aggressors busy, Coppeweb vaults over the rubble he’d been hiding behind and runs toward the trapped scholar. Should he reach the man without being accosted, he will immediately grab hold of the debris atop him with all six of his arms and attempt to lift it.

Bulwark turns away from his beastly opponent, and activates the jet in his back. The engine screams to life, and the Knight propels himself into the path of the energy wave- hopefully before it can reach Defender.

1 Like

“Shots incoming!” bellowed Stormwind to the other two attacking helicopters, allies in his fight against the mysterious arsonists. Inwardly, the Knight smiled, he was moving much too fast for the bolts to have any semblance of accuracy. The closest the pinkish vandal got was a graze, which had virtually no effect on Stormwind’s armored exterior. Now it was his turn to attack.

Carefully aiming his repeating blasters at the pink Cybertronian, Stormwind unleashed a barrage of lasers, multiple bolts firing off in the space of a second, circling around the Hall as he did so. And this was for at least three seconds.

Like Stormwind, Updraft was swiftly circling and weaving through the air to avoid the pot shots, having received the silver Knight’s warning. She observed the ancient library, brimming with rage as she watched the flames flicker down below. Time to fight fire with fire, Updraft thought as she made an assault of her own. Rotors spinning, the Scholar let loose a precise trio of plasma blasts from her nose-mounted weapon, one headed toward the pink hoodlum, the other two for the crimson maniac.

1 Like

@DuneToa

The pillars detonated in a chain, rather than by any sort of wave. Meaning that diving in the way would only damage both knights. However when Bulwark charged in, he was still able to take a portion of the blast from the pillars closest to Defender.

Both knights would be damaged. But Defender thankfully would take less damage than he would have otherwise.

“Disappointing.” Snarled the beast.

“Your fight is with me!” He charged towards Bulwark, aiming to shoulder bash right into him.

The scholar wasn’t trapped under any rubble. He was cowering behind a large piece, too terrified to move. He was sitting down with his knees against his chest, his hands clasped to the sides of his head, and his optics screwed shut. Trying desperately to block out the violent chaos around him.

Thankfully with the three attackers occupied, Coppeweb was still perfectly safe to run to his aid.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about!” The crazed sorcerer, Fecto, shouted. He stomped another foot on to the ground, launghing a big chunk of stone into the air. He grabbed hold of it with both hands, and in a bright flash of alchemic energy he reshaped it into a large stone hammer. He stood his ground and waited for the junkion to get close enough to swing at.

That is until Stormwind fired her plasma blasts. One struck his arm and another hit his belly, causing him to drop the hammer. The blasts left smoking burn marks, but didn’t seem to hurt him much. He looked up at the two copters with an angry frown.

“Ganging up on me? No fair! No fair at all!” He shouted petulantly. He stomped his feet over and over in what could only be described as a tantrum. Alchemc magic surged through the ground and a dozen burning bricks burst out and flew at Stormwind and Updraft. Despite the childish nature of the attack, the Scholar would find its aim was frightingly more accurate than the pink bot’s ineffective hand gun.
@Rukah

Speaking of which, the smaller bot was struck on the shoulder. She shouted in pain and dove behind a large chunk of rubble, avoiding Stormwind’s machine gun.

No of course you can’t bring your machines. We want to keep a low profile. Can’t draw too much attention to ourselves. These idiots don’t even know the meaning of low profile!” She grumbled in frustration.

“Don’t have to tell me twice!” Roadblock separated into their two separate individuals. Both transformed into their vehicle modes and drove towards the Hall of Records.

3 Likes

Seeing the projectiles flying towards him, he keeps up his charge, sets off his boosters and brings out his shield, splitting off to where the other one went.

Backblast suddenly showed up by the pink one, with a terrifying smile as he swung at her with his hammer.

2 Likes

Caus skittered towards the smoke, making haste towards the scene.

2 Likes

The blast has shredded the armor plating on Bulwark’s left leg- but so long as he was able to mitigate some of the incoming fire for Defender, he didn’t mind. Seeing the Beast surging toward him, Bulwark fires his back-jet again. Sparks fly from beneath his feet as they scrape along the metal ground, and the Knight dashes out of his enemy’s path.

Coppeweb kneels down in front of the scholar and tries to pull his hands away from his head.

“Hey! It’s not safe here!” he shouts to be heard above the clamor of battle. “Run away- I’ll cover you!”

1 Like

“Alright, you!!!”
Defender snaps his gun over his shoulder, then swiftly transforms into a hover tank, the railgun now mounted to his turret. He fires several high-explosive shots at the beast, smoke wreathing his gun.
“May you find your rest to be peaceful, though you’ve ruined that of every person here…”

1 Like

“I-I can’t! My legs won’t move. Everything was fine a few minutes ago. Then all of the sudden there were explosions and fire and screaming. I just froze. I was barely able to hide and now I feel like I can’t move!” The scholar replied. His body trembled in terror.

The beast was about to chase after Bulwark, only to be shot in the back by Defeander. The hulking bot turned around, furious wrath burning in his eyes.

“Fine. New prey. Makes no difference.” He spoke in a disgusting snarling growl. Abandoning his original target, he bared his claws and rushed at Defeander. Given how close he already was, he was upon the knight in moments. He raised both his arms and slashed down.

“Wait WHAT!” The bot shouted at the sudden and immediate appearance of the junkion. She tried to turn and run, but the force of the shockwave hammer striking the ground sent her flying a sizeable distance. She landed front first into the brick work of the ground. She got back to her feet and turned around. The paint on her face, chest and midsection was horribly scuffed and scratched.

“Fine. If these idiots won’t back me up, I’ll back up myself. Avoiding attention is already out the window. There’s no point in hiding anything anymore.” She reached behind her back and retrieved a handful of small, luminous purple crystals. She threw them out in front of her, and what happened next was remarkable.

Where each shard landed it sunk into the ground. Moments later the bricks and pavement cracked and shifted. From one spot a hand formed from broken fragments of stone and earth burst from the ground. More limbs and body parts emerged. Strange misshapen figures pulled themselves out of the ground, nine in total.

Beings made from broken brick and rock. Their eyes and gaping mouths alight with an eerie purple glow. And a similar glow resonated beneath the cracks across their bodies. They groaned and shrieked with horrible raspy voices. They were truly like something no one would have ever seen before.

Mere moments after their creation, six of these disturbing abominations rushed towards Backblast. Some held their arms out wide as they ran, while others let their arms flail behind them as if they had no strength at all. All the while screeching horribly.

The remaining three broke off from the original cluster and ran towards Bulwakr with alarming speed.
@Chromeharpoon

Caus and the bond pair would find the terrible scene of battle. Fire and rubble scattered across the field, the three strange attackers each engaged in their own battles, and the horrible beasts that had just been born.

3 Likes

“Oh, scrap,” Backblast yells, “we got Unicron mojo!” He tries to get some distance between himself and the monsters as he opens fire on them, “we need those Primes here, NOW!!!”

3 Likes

Seeing as his target had quickly dodged his attack and disappeared under some debris relatively unharmed, Stormwind switched his attention to another of the troublesome arsonists. This time, it was the raging red bot, who seemed to be a magic user, who now fell under his gaze. Magic. Stormwind had never really cared for the practice, being much more comfortable with the way of the sword.
Still circling the Hall of Records, the Knight was about to let loose another hailstorm of laser bolts, but

the other helicopter-bot flying alongside him had struck the crook, resulting in an attack!
Reasoning that his much more armored fuselage would protect him, Stormwind banked and dove toward the bricks as swiftly and accurately as he could, firing his laser blasters as he went to blow them to shrapnel.

Updraft meanwhile was also zooming through the air, having just registered her two successful hits on the crimson maniac. Unfortunately for the Scholar, he launched an alchemical attack on her and the other helicopter, a silver-armored dual-rotored one who looked liked he belonged in the Knights.
That’s probably his job, she thought as the wind whipped past her.

Wait. Alchemical attack…?!
Panicking, Updraft was about to try to zip away in time when, almost too fast for the optic to follow, the silver Knight made a hard left and hurtled for the flaming projectiles, unleashing a veritable onslaught of bolts from his guns! Quickly, the Scholar shot upward, attempting to get more altitude to avoid the impromptu missiles and an unpleasant crash with the silver one.

2 Likes

Defender winced inwardly as the beast slashed his right repulsorlift, the metal armor tearing into bent spikes. He turned his turret, aiming his anti-infantry blaster at the beast’s face. As the target came into view, roaring like a monstrous parody of a lion, he fired, pumping shot after shot of plasma into the attacker.

2 Likes

Coppeweb looks down at the frightened man’s legs, though he’s already certain that they aren’t damaged.

“You can move!” the inventor assures him. “Or you can transform- you cannot stay here. I’ll protect you, I promise.”

Bulwark draws his giant sword, and the jet in his back rumbles as he prepares to come to Defender’s aid. But before he can, the ground shakes, and nine hideous creatures erupt from beneath the street. Three of these creatures run toward him, and Bulwark swings his weapon in a great arc out in front of him, hoping to cut down all three of his opponents in one strike.

3 Likes

Stormwined managed to shoot and destroy about a third of the bricks before they reached him. But throwing himself directly into the path of the attack would still more than guarantee he’d take a significant amount of damage.

With the knight taking the brunt of the assault however, Updraft was able to avoid it and get out with minimal to no damage.

The junkion’s shots managed to put a few holes in the approaching abominations, even managing to take one’s arm off at the shoulder. But the gunfire did absolutely nothing to slow them, still running directly for Backblast.

The first round struck his head dead on, cleaving off nearly half his face. He realed back, exposing his body. Round after round was blasted into the beast’s torso. The warrior stumbled backwards until Defender ended his barrage. Multiple gaping wounds were torn across his chest and abdomen. Violet tinged energon dripped on to the ground.

The barbarian’s breath heaved. When he spoke every word sounded exhausted and labored.
“A valiant attack… very respectable. But the hunt… has yet… to end!”

The beast reached behind his back and revealed a large purple crystal shard. He impaled the crystal into his chest and roared. Wheather it was out of pain or rage was impossible to tell. A bright purple light shined out from his eyes, mouth, and open wounds. The crystal sunk itself the rest of the way in and the monster’s damage began to heal and regenerate all on its own. He let out a feral and savage shriek, and lunged at Defeander with his claws forward.

“Right. Right, okay. I got this. I’m going.”
The scholar said, trying to psyche himself up. He transformed into his vehicle mode, a simple cybertronian car, and tried to drive off. For a few moments his wheels spun in place, shrieking against the brickwork. Until he finally managed to release his breaks and race off away from the battle.

The knight’s blade struck swiftly and true, slicing all three of the running atrocities clean in half. Their upper bodies fell forward and clashed on to the ground, while their legs crumbled into the rubble from which they were made.

But these creatures still refused to abandon their assault. They all crawled forward, hissing and barking at the knight. Slashing and swiping at his legs with their hands.

2 Likes