Transparent Bones Vs. Transparent Shells

Which do you prefer on MOCs/sets? Personally, I tend to prefer transparent CCBS bones under solid-colour armour. It gives characters a nice “energized” feel. Thoughts?

6 Likes

Why not both?

11 Likes

[quote=“legomaster1378, post:1, topic:18534”]
It gives characters a nice “energized” feel.
[/quote]Pretty much this. I sorta look at it like how primal groudon looks, with the elemental power flowing underneath a solid exterior. I know a few people look at the trans parts as flesh, which I can sorta get behind as well.

2 Likes

It all depends on the character you envision building and how you try to meet that vision.

3 Likes

Yeah it really does. So with me it depend on what I’m trying to make.

1 Like

I think thransparent bones are cool, but most of the time they don’t really shine when covered by opaque shells. So I like both together cause they make a rather pretty look, but in the end I think shells are better, they are more noticeable.

2 Likes

You tell me.

I personally prefer trans shells. No real reason…I think I just like the look of a glowing exterior, gives off a bioluminescent look. Also, the transparency makes the shell look more detailed than it actually is.

7 Likes

I am pro allof what is transparent/ translucent, because the shells we are talking about, are translucent.
######i think

I prefer using trans bones over trans shells, when possible.

Trans bones look nice to me, better than solid colour bones IMO. I rarely like trans shells, some of them look like glass to me.

Using both helps one achieve ultimate light piping capability, and in my opinion light piping is the best thing ever, as influenced by my self-MOC:
http://i.imgur.com/2GaqoSN.jpg

5 Likes

Neat. I agree with you on the light piping thing, my new self MOC well look so cool with that much light piping. and since his basically a being made out of glowing red Nanobots it would add to his look. So yeah I like both if done right.

In all honestly I like that look, it makes Him look like his more at one with his element, to me at least.

1 Like

Transparent bones all the way.
Transparent shells can be overkill.

2 Likes

Both Trans. Bones and Trans. Shells, if used correctly, can look amazing. The issue is that most Moccist rely a bit too much on these pieces.

1 Like

I prefer trans bones on solid colored armor since they give, as Legomaster already said, the character a nice energized- elemental feel.

1 Like

Both are equally good and bad. It all depends on how you use the trans pieces.

1 Like

I like trans shells just because of the variety of different pieces for shells, and the new crystal pieces coming out in the summer are gonna be sweet!

1 Like

Everything in moderation, Trans parts should be used carefully. Generally I prefer bones but translucent shells have their uses.

3 Likes

We need trans-black bones.

4 Likes