Tribute to Leonard Nimoy; Live Long and Prosper

So, as some of you guys may already know, Leonard Nimoy, the actor who played Spock on the Star Trek TV show died today. Age 83. He died of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, a condition brought upon by his old smoking habit.

Please help honor this titan of entertainment, hero of nerds and good man.

“A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.”

Live long and prosper.

21 Likes

Already posted my reaction in the Star Trek topic.

11 Likes

It saddens me. I am a big fan of the original Star Trek; my dad has all the episodes and movies on Blu-Ray.

Even if one of them has died. He’s still awesome, and he will be remembered.

13 Likes

Rest in peace Nimoy. you shall be remembered.

4 Likes

;_;\\\///

I learned today in 1st Period, when I TA.

I was disappointed how only my teacher, and then like, 4 other people of the 16 in the room actually knew who he was without me having to say “the spock guy”

6 Likes

First Monty, now Spock.

9 Likes

I’ve never watched star trek. But he did voice Galavatron in the original Transformers movie I think… :frowning: I thought that at one point he was supposed to voice Shockwave in Dotm… Would’ve been cool… guess it can’t happen now… that’s sad. Now I want to rewatch Transformers.

4 Likes

You scrub. /s

'Tis a sad day indeed. While I never watched more then a couple ST:OS episodes, I’ve seen all the movies and am a big Star Trek fan in general. Nimoy truly brought something new to sci-fi. He will be missed. :frowning:

4 Likes

Y’know though I’m not the biggest fan of the original series I can’t deny the quality of Leonard’s performance of Spock he was absolutely amazing.

10 Likes

Oh, man. Now I’m sad. Rest in peace, you great man.

4 Likes

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy

1 Like

GUYS.

We always have Planet Genesis! We can just send his corpse there, and then we can-

Wait…

What do you mean there is no such thing as Planet Genesis?

7 Likes

Requiescat in Pace.
My friend.

3 Likes

Never was a big fan of star trek

But darn

This is real sad…

4 Likes

I was never a big fan of Star Trek, but it is sad to see such a great actor and a symbol to people everywhere go.

3 Likes

Im really saddened by his death, as Im a big fan of star trek ToS(which Im still currently watching) and Im a big fan of generally everything the man ever did. He always was a personal hero to me and his performance as the one and only spock is truly something that can never be matched. May you rest in peace Leonard Nimoy and live long and prosper.

4 Likes

I just watched the first episode of futurama, and spock’s head was in a jar that episode, so there might have been some foreshadowing…

there can’t be foreshadowing of a real life event.

1 Like

anything can happen in… THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUREEEE!

except foreshadowing of future events. foreshadowing is a literary device that has to be intentional.

1 Like