Trophy Toa: Varian (Legendary Edition)

Today I present the captured Toa spy: Varian!

Imgur
MOC Showcase >

Instructions, Stud.io File and BL XML >

< Previous MOC Next MOC >

Initially I never actually planned on building Varian. But after trying to build something around a part no body ever seems to use, I was able to create a very interesting torso that eventually resulted in this figure.

One of the things that I noticed when working on her build was the colours. I initially only used medium blue and dark gold, as to try and match the single line that states her mask is “Azure” (which I understood as medium blue) and the fact that I saw so many Psionic Toa MOCs only use medium blue as their primary.
And it was a mess.

So I figured “alright, I’ll add some dark blue.”, which I personally think works really well, not only making the other two colours pop, but also making her layout come off less like a Toa Hagah and more like she is a part of a specific element.

For her weapons I decided to keep things simple, with little blades attached on the underside of her arms and rhotuka shield. I was also able to work in weapon storage! You can also flip the orientation of the blades to have them coming off her elbow.

Overall I’m really happy with how she turned out, and I think she looks great with the other characters from her story serial.

And of course here’s the mask:

Thank you for taking a look at my MOC.
Sincerely
Legend (TLR)

19 Likes

Ah this moc is pretty good. I quite like the use of metru blue and medium blue combined with the dark gold. Really nice

oooo very cool! i love the color combo’s

I thought this was a metru build at first, which goes to show how nifty that torso is. This is definitely one of my favourite Varians.

I find the legs a bit too spindly, along with the forearms. Could use some bulking up.