Trust Levels

This is precisely why that rule exists. As for advertising your own personal media project (which I myself beleive is allowed), I think I’m gonna let @Mesonak, @IllustriousVar or @Kahi handle this.

4 Likes

It’s not that hard to become a master, @TawaOfFire. I did it after only a month or so of activity.

3 Likes

I did it after 3 or so months but the point is the same.

2 Likes

@Kahi @Mesonak @IllustriousVar
Any chance of Trust Level 3 members (Master’s) getting the ability to edit posts of there’s regardless of age? Or at least be given a much longer editing period

The reason i ask is because i am unable to update several of the first pages to a variety of topics including a MOC topic because it has locked me out of editing due to them being old posts.

Just pointing out this shouldn’t be possible for new users. As stated in the rules you needed to have been active for 60 days in the last 100 - meaning a new member to the site has 60 days before they can achieve Master.

To be fair the only responsibility with the Master rank seems to be the unintentional power to edit the titles of other users topics and the ability to move topics to new areas. While its nice having that responsibility, its not the reason anyone would want to become a Master rank given it is almost pointless unless you want to actively help-out the staff by changing topic titles to make the topic more clearer OR moving a topic to its proper location on the boards.

I also think its a bit harsh to say that people do not deserve the responsibility and power if they are inactive - I’m sure @Indigogeek will agree that sometimes real life needs to come first and while members may want to be active, they are sometimes unable. Not sure why someone should be punished and lose the rank when they are unable to be as active. Though i suppose its obviously trying to promote people returning to the site…

5 Likes

Well I’m glad someone understands lol. Yea, we can’t all be 100% active all the time, some people might notice I’m a bit more active than I ever was a few months ago, life gets in the way, :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I made my account in October, and I was in and out ever since, so I guess maybe a bit more than a month. Good to know you got the point, though.

1 Like

Yeah, older members had it easy - newer members have it a bit more difficult because of the 60 day thing ><

1 Like

So, because I got a tad bored waiting for Kahi or Var to come here and explain things, I’m gonna try my hand at it.

I don’t get why any of this annoys anyone other than they wanna advertise now. Is your goal to advertise your project and then leave? Or become invested in this branch of the community, become active and well known, and then show everyone the hard work you put in to your project?

The Master Trust Level is completely optional. You don’t have to have it. And there isn’t anything stopping you from advertising your project on Reddit or Youtube, either.

10 Likes

So basically the ability to become legomaster minions? (legominions? masterminions? minionmasters?) :wink:

4 Likes

Very yes.

1 Like

If you stop being active on the boards, then yes you lose your master rank. The whole point is to literally display active users on the board. It makes no sense for inactive users to have the master rank.

The only reason it’s so sought after to begin with is because of how exclusive it is. If it were that easy to obtain then there’d be nothing special about it.

Also losing master rank does not completely reset you to 0, you do not have to start all the way over to obtain it again.

This website is for discussion of TTV and LEGO related topics, not to advertise your own projects. There are other websites for that- such as the BIONICLE subreddit. We only grant the privilege of advertising to members who actively contribute to discussion. If you don’t actively contribute, you can’t advertise on our website.

No.

Yeah that’s not how it works. Master rank is a privilege, a reward, to members who actively contribute to the boards. Members are not entitled to having master rank just for being around- We aren’t going to hand you abilities and power on a silver platter for no reason.

If you can’t remain active on the boards- too bad. If you can’t keep up the master rank than you aren’t active enough on the boards to deserve it; it’s as simple as that. We made it hard to obtain for a reason- it’s not a rank that everyone will or even should have. Life does get in the way, and I’d imagine that anyone with an active life would understand there’s more important things that matter then maintaining master rank on our message boards.

I don’t really understand this equal footing mentality that’s going on in this topic- but I can make it brief: We’ll get rid of master rank entirely before we adjust how easy it is to obtain it.

11 Likes

This is fantastic. Extremely well-put Var, :smiley:

5 Likes

I feel that it is much harder to become a master with the forums becoming more popular

because of the 50%

and 40%
achievements to hit master and I am not joking when I messaged a mod they replied with

I need to view 863 topics
and I have to read a wopping !!!23452 TOPICS

EDIT: also I foolishly waited a couple months to become active

1 Like

I’m sorry for going “Keyboard Warrior” on ya guys. I definitely screwed up when I didn’t read the rules thoroughly enough. :tired_face:

I misunderstood the whole concept of being a “Master.” It’s a privilege, not a rank. It’s a little “thank you” with little perks for the long-time and frequent members of the boards. I just want to apologize for sounding like a jerk. I guess that’s what happens when rage clouds your mind and shields you from the reality of the “Master” concept.

Reality just slapped me in the face when the Cast Members replied to me. It changed my whole perspective on what being a master is.

I know you what you guys are currently thinking when your reading this post. “This guy is an attention seeker,” or a “Drama queen.”
I just really feel like a jerk for not thoroughly reading the rules and making a fool out of myself to everyone here, and to two of my favorite cast members, Var and Eljay.

Again, I’m sorry.

5 Likes

You know what I like this guy. You wanna know why? HE APOLOGIZED. He didn’t pursue his point after being proven wrong (something I’m guilty of).That is something more people on this spinning mudball in space should do (I’m not calling anyone out in specific its just a trend I noticed in humans).

6 Likes

Indeed. We have a very difficult time admitting we’re wrong. It’s a tendency of human nature that takes an impressive amount of humility to overcome. This is the second time I’ve seen a “realizing he’s wrong and seeking repentance” situation on the Boards recently, and I couldn’t be more impressed with these members of our community. Major props @TawaOfFire, people like you are a joy to have around here.

“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

-Mark Twain.

5 Likes

Ok - though its going to annoy many members when they try and update their first post to change the list of members involved or any other edits.

You are a new member and you have a TTV member based game you have created?
You have a comedic review including one of TTV merchandise you want to share to encourage people to buy them? (Worth noting if Slime was not a staff member he couldn’t have posted these in the first place and would not be able to update the first post)
You have a popular series based around TTV staff?
You are creating a Bionicle Online Game for the community to enjoy

Its a rule you need to be a Master to post certain topics such as the above. So your topic is locked until you have been here long enough to achieve master rank - and you need to maintain master rank in order to post in your own topic. You are intentionally punishing people for not being Master Rank - a rank even you state “it’s not a rank that everyone will or even should have.” As such, Master Rank is no longer a privilege, but a requirement - a requirement that limits the contributions of the users and TTV fans alike on the boards.

I understand Master Rank was intended to be a privilege/reward however out of the three abilities, two of them are things done by staff and other users and were not even supposed to be given to members in the first place. These perks barely ever being used by Masters unless they are doing the jobs of staff members

The only other perk provided as mentioned is now part of the rules, - its a requirement to be Master to post a majority of topics because you now have to post certain topics in Promotion and Advertising.

The rank of Master gets more difficult for members to achieve every day due to the slowly increasing popularity of the boards and the requirement to view 40% of the new topic and read 50% of them. If you want to get/maintain master rank you have to reply to 75 different topics which means chances are you’ll reply with non-interested comments on a majority of topics because its simply just ticking off a requirement.

As mentioned since its introduction, Master Rank has become necessary for members to contribute to the boards and to provide things the community are interested in. Its now part of the rules you need to be Master rank to post certain topics and as you stated, most people will never achieve Master rank.

I said nothing about making the rank any easier to get in my comment - though its worth noting as i said that members are punished for not having the rank along with losing the rank due to being unable to contribute. The rank does also get harder to achieve the more popular the message boards get.

I just don’t get the idea of making a rank as a privilege/reward, then giving it one useful perk and then punishing members who do not have that perk by preventing them contributing to the boards. If it was meant to reward contribution then its failed in that regard.

2 Likes

Well, that’s a shame, because I really care about your opinion.

3 Likes

If you didn’t want members viewpoints or opinions on this then people wouldn’t have been able to comment on this topic. You left it so people could comment for a reason - now you are sarcastic/rude when people respond.

I simply voiced an opinion, i never said you had to care - so not sure why that sarcasm/rudeness was necessary. I didn’t even say ‘screw you’ like other members have and you are rude to me for voicing my opinions respectfully?

Edit; sorry if this was serious, it just comes off as very sarcastic

1 Like

I realize that - what I’m saying is that we’ve already made our points, and you don’t seem to understand them. So cool, glad you have an opinion. We aren’t changing how it works.

Master is supposed to be extremely exclusive, more than it is now. I’ve only made it so low as is because I realize that the community is young and it needs to grow to meet the actual requirements I want it to have. Every few months, I up the requirements to slowly reach where I’m wanting it,