Trust Levels

Discourse, the company behind this website template. The current terms are the default terms. “Master” and “Protector” and the others were custom things we put in. For reasons unknown to us, Discourse reset those customizations in a recent update, and we haven’t changed them back since.

4 Likes

I see, and why hasnt it been changed?
a) it’s broken
b) laziness
c) it isnt really important

1 Like

My money is on this

2 Likes

It’s really more of a “our head admins also run a YouTube channel while still having jobs so they are incredibly busy and don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to this sort of stuff” situation. Having said that, we’re going to do our best to resolve this situation asap.

4 Likes

I forgot to add the
d) Busy

3 Likes

I used to be a protector. Then I left. I’m gonna hang around though.

2 Likes

It seems I’ve also been gone so long I lost my Protector status. Ah well.

1 Like

Nope, you can’t lose protector status. Master is the only rank that can be lost.

1 Like

hmm. okay then

2 Likes

I personally think all the abilities of Masters and being exclusive for them are good, except community projects. I think instead of having to be a master, you have to be a protector and if you get 3 offensive flags (excluding double posting, duplicate topics, etc) you cannot use the privilege of community projects for a set amount of time, much like a suspension. I honestly don’t think I have enough time in my life to become a master XD. (I am sorry I just used XD, I will stop.)

So we wanted to give you guys a bit of an update on what’s going on with Trust Levels.

1. The titles of the Trust Levels are now returned to what they originally were (Villager, Protector, Master). To update your title (the thing that shows up next to your name), you should just be able to refresh it. If you have any issues, let us know, and we can help you out.

2. The requirements for Master have been lowered. The current requirements are:

In the past 100 days:
Visits: 70/100 days
Topics Replied To: 100
Topics Viewed: 230
Topics Viewed (all time): 750
Posts Read: 17,000
Posts Read (all time): 17,000
Flagged Posts: max of 10
Users who flagged: max of 10
Likes given: 30

As always, if you want to know how close you are to Master, just PM a Mod and we’ll help you out.

12 Likes

tbh, I wish this wasn’t changed from 5, there are some users I don’t trust from they’re past interaction (they can reformat, but still). >.>

3 Likes

Prior to today it was 50.

5 Likes

finally, they other names were stupid

they are still there

2 Likes

Try updating your title fron your preferences screen. It might take a while to load.

4 Likes

Hm. I make MUCH more sense now. Anyways, glad the requirements were lowered. Some master things seem like they should be easier to get, so this was definitely a good choice.

2 Likes

Finally a master after being on here for almost three years

4 Likes

Could you still get they Master post read percentage if you never read RP topics?

Yes, fairly easily. RP topics increase the overall number of posts on the boards (a bit too much perhaps) but it’s not a very large percentage of the total posts.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks!

2 Likes