TTV Episode 198 Discussion

Everybody sucks and fails, etc.

18 Likes

I feel like all the discussion about Bionicle turns into “Repent and buy more sets, for the end is near!”

12 Likes

Back on June 1st (I assume this was the street date), I went to a Lego store near my house (here in Toronto, Canada), and I didn’t see the summer sets there, so I asked an employee there about it and the guy said they were told they would NOT be carrying the sets (only purchasable through S@H).

He ended up giving me this card with a code for free shipping. Since I did not see any of the sets at TRU at the time (plenty of Star Wars summer sets were there though), I resorted to ordering them from S@H (currently waiting for them to arrive in the mail). Really frustrated at having to jump through these extra hoops just to get these sets.

3 Likes

Johnny will never know were to view early access (again).

7 Likes

muro de la historia, someone butchered the pronunciation a couple of times

2 Likes

They should have saved it for Halloween tho.

Only two more episodes till 200!

Anyone else hyped?

1 Like

That beginning was…
Nice…

2 Likes

Hopefully in a few years, enough info about the business side of Bionicle G2 will be either leaked or officially released for Var to make an in-depth Autopsy, maybe even two.

I am really interested in how Bionicle is doing. More than knowing whether or not it will be cancelled, I want to know why it is how it is.

Lastly I want to corroborate Eljay’s story. Out of the major store outlets I’ve been to, Walmart and etc, they either have zero Bionicle sets, or a few of the 2015 sets, mostly skull villains on clearance. I did go to a Toys’R’Us where they had all the 2016 sets, but there was no one there from LEGO. Well, If Bionicle is cancelled, AGAIN at least we’ll all still have each other.

2 Likes

And Brickfeed.

1 Like

That was a really good episode, guys. All this info about BIONICLE is very interesting.

I feel like with all this news going around, my mentality about BIONICLE is starting to ■■■■■. Let me put what’s currently going on into bullet-points:

• Lego Stores not stocking BIONICLE sets, offering Free Shipping coupons to purchase them online instead
  • Multiple reports of Lego suppliers or employees stocking the shelves at stores, giving cryptic and alarming contents about BIONICLE’s future
  • Rumors that there will be no full waves in 2017, and instead a post-summer wave set, likely Makuta
  • No Graphic Novel 3
  • No future books for now after Chapter Book 3
  • BIONICLE Magazine… exclusive to Germany
  • Journey to One DVD possibly hinting towards more episodes of that show
  • Two more Journey to One episodes in July

This all sounds terrible when outlined like that, but I actually think the sheer quantity of bad news with little hope for improvement has done something to alter my brain chemistry. It’s weird. I’ll try to explain it more thoroughly in Episode 199, but OptiMestic may come back for a visit.

-Mesonak

15 Likes

Here’s what I see happening:

Two more episodes of JtO in July, ending with Makuta awakening. To go along with this, we get a Makuta awakening set in late August/early September, because he’s the big bad and he needs a set. Chapter book 3 will give hints about what the 2017 story would have been, and will show the beasts. However, the line is cancelled, left on a cliffhanger like Exo-Force was: Makuta’s awake, with the MoUP, ready to wreck havoc. That’s it, the end.

~W12~

1 Like

Much better Lil’ Johnny opening

2 Likes

I loved the new opening.

3 Likes

RIP the car’s bumper

This was a pretty great episode! Everyone was mostly in a good mood and there was some great discussion.

(Also that new Vessel ad might be the best thing ever)

2 Likes

Well, about that final set- it doesn’t mean it’s the final set in the theme. For all we know it could be a Makuta Protector to hold us off until January 2017.

1 Like

I’m honestly not gonna take this makuta set thing seriously until I get some actual evidence that it exists

also I’m pretty curious on the state of bionicle because there’s so much conflicting info, though I’m just gonna remain optimistic

I like Var running TTV better.

I also think the new Lil’ Johnny opening serves Eljay right for the atrocity that happened in the opening here

3 Likes

Yes, something different with Little Johnny!