So I created this game originally for the Message Boards Anniversary Contest as my 2nd Entry for all to play and enjoy!
The concept behind it is pretty simple, a top view endless runner.
I've worked on it for 20 hours, (in the span of 4 days) so it's still in development, but the current state of the game is totally playable, and I had @Cazapar to help me "beta test" it, to make sure there were a few to no bugs left. (Thanks Caz!), so I think is good enough to post.
All the imagery is 100% created by me.
Here are some Images:
Here's the download link (Windows Only):
- New UI coloration
- New Icon
- HP packs are more useful now
DISCLAIMER (If you've played previous versions):
I had to rebuild the app, so the highscore will be saved on a slightly different route.
To import you previous highscore the only thing you need to do is go to "YourUser/AppData/Local" and search for the folder called "TTV_Escape_Reborn", and copy the "highscore.dat" to the "TTV_Escape_beta" folder.
TTV: Escape version 0.3.0 alpha
- 2 level skins
- 5 characters w personalized score
- Integrated music
- "Fancy" GUI #insidejoke
- Help screen (a bit lackluster)
Version 0.3.1 alpha
- Fixed bug
Disclaimer: I'm gonna keep updating the game, unless it's against the site's guidelines, cuz I'm a protector or something (If so, please shoot me a PM ).
I also know that the contest is over, but I really like this creation, and I have plans going forward with it.
Update 0.3.5 alpha
- Highscore now saves the highest score (what's supposed to do)
- Menu button "fixed"
- Added play again button
- Highscore updates since the death screen
- Repositioned character selection menu
- Added New character
Update 0.4.0 alpha
- Added The remaining Current TTV Cast characters
- Added a new track composed by the fantastic @Cazapar!
Update 0.4.2 alpha
- The character selection save switch now displays correctly
- Added Two new level skins!: Metal & Jungle
This update was supposed to come out yesterday, but there were too many bugs. Currently it's 99% bug-free, as far as I'm aware.
If you find a bug, please report it
Update 0.5.5 beta
-"Hero mode" : adds "critters", incrementing the difficulty (as well as boosts to help) —It can be disabled—
-Added more 'info' on the help screen due to the new mode
- Beware for the losing sound effect
Update 0.6.0 beta
- 2 New level skins: "Snow" & "Magma"
- Mute SFX button added (Keep save character selection on)
- Boost your speed by pressing the spacebar while moving!
- GUI is now more "Keyboard Friendly"
- esc = menu
- backspace = back button
- play/play again = enter
- Shield sprite improvement
- Improved Shield interaction
- decreased spamming of the losing sound (a lil bit)
- Hero mode switch now displays the current mode selected (Training = Old , Hero = New)
- Highscore only counts the score obtained in the Hero mode
Update 0.6.1 beta
- New PowerUp: Shoot faster
- You now get a message depending on your score
- Added HP regeneration Visual Effect to the HP bar
- Added an icon that appears near the HP bar to tell you which PowerUp is on, and it vanishes over time
- Small modification to the help screen
Update 0.6.2 beta
- Added new Power-Up!
- It generates a wave of energy that destroys the critters in a determined radius
- This power up activates with the right click
- You can save up to 5 of these power ups, and they're shown at the top of the health bar
Update 0.6.5 beta
- Added New Level Skin: Dream (special for Meso =P)
- Added new unlockable character: Cazapar (Composer of Labyrinth & "alpha tester")
- "Shadow" orbs are -ironically- lighter
Update 0.6.6 beta
- New level added: "Ancient"
- Added 2 unlockable characters, one of them is Invi - at 250 pts
- The "back" button doesn't sound anymore when the sfx is muted
There will be more unlockable characters in the future
This game is meant to be fun to the players, so if you have any suggestions (whether they are aesthetic changes, or feature additions...) I'll be hearing all of them (maybe not using all of them tho)
Please report any bugs you encounter
also, if this belongs in other category, feel free to move it =D