TTV Questions & Answers!

Was the Recap Review theme composed by Venom?

@kamen_rider_kiva Hopefully soon. We are aware of it and we’ll be looking into fixing it.

@Ekorak Yes.

3 Likes

Cool! It’s always reminded me of a song I’ve heard before but I can never seem to place it :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s probably “Sweet Home Alabama” since that’s what everybody at TTV first compared it to. =P

4 Likes

Ah! That’s it! A multiple year long question has finally been answered :smiley:

1 Like

All TTV Members: What is your favorite BIONICLE book?

Really? Doesn’t sound similar to me. Huh.

@Eljay: Will you still be doing the Recap Reviews at the same time as the Recent Reviews, or will you be putting off the Recap Reviews until you’re done reviewing the 2015 sets?

3 Likes

Great question! Wish I could actually answer this in a podcast. Maybe I will…

There were a bunch of other storylines thrown around (Viper wanted the Toa/Dark Hunter War, Venom and Meso wanted to do Bota Magna, and Eljay thought about doing something about the creation of the Mata Nui Robot).

Personally, though, I would insert a year inbetween 2004 and 2005 and focus it on Makuta. We got snippets of it through 2005 and 2008, but for a series centered around this big villain we didn’t get a lot about him. Granted, this is coming from a guy who came off a Breaking Bad kick and really likes that type of story. I don’t know if that’d work for everyone.

Ideally, the first part of the story would be about how Makuta evolved and his motivations therein, exploring his inferiority complex and jealousy and whatnot. The second half would involve the recruitment of the Toa Hagah, and how they bonded while becoming this ultra elite Toa Team that got more and more grey assignments until they realized what Makuta’s plans were.

First wave would be several of the villains; Teridax, some other Makuta, maybe TSO or something. Some older characters. Second wave would be the Toa Hagah. Do some backstory, build up our villain, make the entire story more invested.

Spirit was a staff member on BZPower who just made some great “Topic Closed” posts. I remember one of his being a parody of the Spongebob Squarepants theme song. He also had some great comedies that I think were erased when BZPower’s old database went offline. It’s a shame, because they were awesome.

Look, I don’t care what Eljay thinks; being bought over by Google is some legitimate money. That’s way bigger than we would ever hope, and I don’t think any of us would throw that chance away because of some idiot’s superstitious conspiracies, let alone our idiot’s superstitious conspiracies =P

That new graphic novel with art by Christian Zanier was pretty great.

10 Likes

Legacy of Evil, only just by a bit though, Power Play was a very good book to read out of the ones I’ve got, which are all the 06 books. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Lolz, I’m catching up on this topic and even though this is a week old I have to reply to it.

Basically, over the years I’ve accrued quite a lot of MoCs based off of me. I don’t know why, but people just seem to like MoCing me I suppose. The list ended up getting so massive I thought that I would categorize them all in a gallery for reference’s sake. What’s funny is the gallery’s about a year outdated and there have been like 10+ more MoCs that I’ve just never added. It’s pretty hilarious. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mesonak

6 Likes

Do you guys think that there should be a video game based on the 2015 storyline or any BIONICLE storyline in the future?

4 Likes

Fair enough, but you being a narcissist is the more entertaining answer.

3 Likes

Hey TTV what you thinking about Kreons?

2 Likes

Interview GREG! He wouldn’t mind…

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/m-p/11466787/highlight/false#M255695

But they already did…???

Do it again!

I know they already interviewed Greg. :stuck_out_tongue: But that was a year ago.

Blah. Greg isn’t really involved in BIONICLE anymore.

1 Like

So? We can still ask him about old BIONICLE…

1 Like

But they did that. The only new questions would be about new bionicle which he isn’t very involved in.

2 Likes