TTV Questions & Answers!

Keep in mind TTV isn’t just about BIONICLE.

Anyways, are there any old movies, any old music, anything old that you enjoy that isn’t continued anymore (I mean, no sequels, no new albums from a certain artist, etc.) ? Well, other people enjoy it too, and they want to talk about it as well. Same thing goes for BIONICLE even if the story came to a halt and the sets were discontinued, there was (and still is) a community of people who enjoyed BIONICLE and still wanted to talk about it or make creative works based on it. That goes for TTV as well, we liked what we were doing and with BIONICLE’s end we noticed the community was sort of falling off (only made worse with BZP getting hacked and subsequently going under renovation) and we wanted to provide a new sort of community for people to talk or hear more things about LEGO. Even if BIONICLE wasn’t coming back we’d still do what we do because there’s still a community and a fanbase.

At least, that’s my take on it, if another TTV member wants to say something different or correct me they are more than free to do so. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If there comes a time anytime soon where there’s a distinct lack of new leaks/information regarding Bionicle’s return, would you guys consider making a summary video of all of the evidence that we have to believe that Bionicle is returning thus far? I know that at this stage we’re all pretty much sure that Bionicle really is coming back, but since there’s been so much news recently it’d be good to summarise everything that we know at this point, and show how it all interlinks. It’d be useful to have all of that information in one place, rather than scattered all over the internet.

4 Likes

Will Eljay review any of the brick-built Bionicle sets?

1 Like

PHEW! Sorry for the lack of activity lately. Lots of behind the scenes drama that you may hear about soon going on. Thanks to Invictus for keeping the topic somewhat going. :stuck_out_tongue:

@3rdeye88 Myself, Var, Eljay, Venom, and Kini have an active background in MoC making. I don’t post much of my stuff because I don’t have a good camera (and I’m not crazily talented at it), Var’s biggest accomplishment is this, which was featured in the Hero Factory TV series due to it winning a BZPower contest, Eljay does as well and may post some of his work here at some point, Venom MoCs all the time (and recently posted a topic containing his TTV MoCs), and Kini USED to MoC an incredibly large amount but doesn’t really nowadays.

@Chronicler That’s a very good question. Probably the DVD release date of the movie, which I don’t know off the top of my head. XD

@squeaverking Probably at some point, yeah.

@OmegaTahu Eljay plans on it. eljay’sRecentReviews

@Leoxandar Hopefully soon. We’ve been incredibly busy with behind the scenes drama as of late and have not had time to do it. DX

@Tuma ^See above.

@sebjbow ^^See above. :stuck_out_tongue:

@TenebraeInvictus Pretty much what he said.

@MataNui Most definitely yes.

@kamen_rider_kiva I’d love for him to, but unless he just ever really craves purchasing them all, he probably won’t due to cost. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mesonak

3 Likes

Good for you.

What is the proper spelling of ElJay’s name, is it ElJay, Eljay, eljay, LJ, or lj?

Eljay and/or LJ are his preferences, I believe.

-Mesonak

Thank you for the clarification.
Wait, Mesonak replied to my post…
I haven’t been so happy since Kraahlix replied to one of my posts on the Makuta Fest 2014 chat. :smiley:

Okay, cool!

I knew he would have to change the name, or make a whole nother series if he did. “Eljay’s Recap Reviews” just wouldn’t make sense for sets that just came out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Will Eljay make a video summing up his thoughts on 04-05 like he did on 01-03?

I’ve been a Firefly and Earthbound fan for years, so I know what it’s like to be a fan of something pretty much dead for a while. =P

But I get what you’re saying: it is one thing to be just a fan, and another thing to run TTV, because TTV is all about making content and videos and that kind of thing. Now, because Bionicle is coming back it seems like a no-brainer, but back when there were no news about it were still active and making content.

I think it was mostly just because of the dynamic we have. A lot of online fan podcasts kind of do the thing where everyone only gets on when they record, and they see each other as a weekly thing, and it’s easier to lose track that way. We’re generally always on Skype. Almost every evening is spent in a call, having random conversations, just basically having a good time with each other.

It’s a bit like hanging out with friends, except it’s only audio so you don’t feel rude just browsing the internet of working on mocs or that sort of thing. And I feel like that’s made our dynamic much more solid. We also have a huge bunch of creative people who always have an idea of what they want to do and start working to get there.

So we hit kind of a lucky break, being able to not only have a great dynamic between our cast members as friends, but being able to have all these creative people that want to get things done. We don’t have individual channels, we’re all focused on doing stuff for the group, so TTV gets a lot of work done for it by a lot of individual people. Everyone wanted to learn certain skills, and TTV’s allowed us to do that while having an audience. Animation (2D and 3D), video editing, audio editing, graphic design, website coding…the list goes on and on.

I believe it was announced during MakutaFest that Eljay’s Recent Reviews will be coming out as soon as Bionicle hits store shelves.

4 Likes

How long do you guys hope to stay around? Not saying that I think you will not last long ahhahahahah. I just want to know if I will ever be able to submit a casting call. I’m 13 so…

1 Like

How did you underline some of your text in your question???

they don’t have an underline option so you’ve just got to use the standard HTML tag. < u > text here </ u > but with no spaces.

What do you mean by “…if you’re already partnered with TTV, then you don’t need to go through all of that…” [does it mean that, if I already have subscribed to the TTV’s YouTube Channel, I don’t have to go through the long process of me earning (and maintaining!) the Master Trust Level in order for me to post a new topic in the Advertising Forum; or is it something else that you meant there?]???

1 Like

That’s really cool, Kahi. I’ve always thought that it would be so much fun to run/be in a talk show on YouTube. Shows like TTV and Good Mythical Morning just seem to appeal to me. Thanks for the long reply!

1 Like

GMM and TTV for the win!

5 Likes

Oh, no, that’s more of a general statement. There are several people we just already partner with, such as BS01 or the BioMedia Project or CBW. If any of their members are here and want to start a topic about their site/project/channel/etc., they can just contact me and since they’re already partners they automatically get a topic in Promotions even if they’re Masters or not.

Will Eljay review the Toa Hagah?