Turaga Files "Voodoo Heads" Discussion

With the recent reveal of the Voodoo Heads in their prototype phase, now we can rip them to shreds as if they were real sets to make up for lack of Bionicle 2015 news! Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves about these weird guys.

For now, let me post my opinions.

Sledgehammer Dude

The head/mask actually looks pretty cool for what it is. As seen in the video, it has a function in which he slams his hammer to the ground with both arms with the help of rubber bands. Torso is a bit flat though, and the crotch chains look out of place, but it looks pretty cool.

Blockhead

Colours and stance make it look like a hockey player. Torso build is intriguing and those custom feet look nice as well. It wields a feather duster and a balljoint earing.

It’s Rotor!

Looks okay. He appears to be holding some type of organic bone tool (something a native indian would have).

Kiss me

Um…okay…
Are these feather dusters a reoccurring trend? Are they something voodoo witch doctors have?

Derp Variation 1

The gappiness is painful. Horribly proportioned. Crotch chain. Tiny bone dagger. Moving on.

Derp Variation 2

Torso is messy because of its function, which consists of a punching arm. Looks like an animatronic.

MMA Boxing Tank Machine

Presumably the predecessors of the Manas. Build is fairly solid and the metallic skull head looks familiar…

Skull Waddler

Presumably the “Makuta” figure of the Voodoo Heads line, it is probably the most impressive prototype i’ve ever seen.

Overall, these guys are a real step up from the Throwbots/Slizers, they had many innovative functions and really kept with the Voodoo/native indian feel more than Bionicle ever did. Maybe a bit too much though…

32 Likes

These actually look like sets i would buy.

8 Likes

They all look pretty legit for figures made only using Slizer parts. Those heads range from legit scary to goofy. The motorized guy though… looks like he would really give people nightmares with his awkward walking.

6 Likes

I feel like you left some out

It’s the Boxor’s grandfather.

5 Likes

No Muaka?

6 Likes

TBH I thought this was supposed to be the Tarakava…

This reminds me too much of the Boxor from 2002.

7 Likes

The exaggerated side to side motion enabled its flail to spin in circles.

2 Likes

I thought the flail was motorized as well as the legs, but maybe not.

1 Like

This is what I imagine great beings lookin’like.

11 Likes

What do you mean by “too much”?
Most of these look fairly mechanical.

I really like the last two, and the amount of tan that is used on the previous ones.

2 Likes

Feather dusters, earrings, and bone tools were a bit too much for me. The first few reminded me of old wooden native Indian figurines with their overall stance and look.

1 Like

Here ya go! :smile:

Shouldn’t this be in LEGO Voodoo Heads?
/s

11 Likes

I like the metallic colors they used on the Muaka one and the Boxor one. Too bad they’re not used today.

4 Likes

Interesting to see they actually planned sets for these guys before reverting to BIONICLE.

4 Likes

Sledgehammer Dude = Hafu

7 Likes

These look like my mocs.
Horrible and ugly.

6 Likes

I wonder why Faber decided to showcase these directly on that small camera screen. Couldn’t he have just uploaded them to a computer where the quality would be much better?

Also, how many of you guys think that there are more Voodoo Heads sets that he’s not showing us?

4 Likes

At least the rest of the '01 Rahi!

2 Likes
3 Likes