Tuyet, the Toa Mangai of Water (ver.Bu / MOC for canon contest)

Well…all good trophies obviously need a good shrine!! (Kini Nui style perhaps?) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also as others have said, congrats, you deserve it man!
I haven’t been following the fanon contests much but it’s some dinos next right?)

4 Likes

it basically shows them all (in order) here

2 Likes

yeah that would be cool

1 Like

Congratulations!! Great Job again!

1 Like

I think I figured out everything, but the weapon. What pieces are those?

2 Likes

Hose, ribbed 7mm d. 2L (black)

Tile, round 1x1 (silver)

Technic, axle and pin connertor angled #2 - 180 degrees (light bluish grey)

orient the hole to face the thornaxx launcher sides and the shadows (as well as what’s visible) should end up the same.

5 Likes

I thought it should be that piece, but it end up the same engine length, and the design is 1 stud longer.
20220604_002904

1 Like

It could be the same thing pushed to the halfway point on the axle and the difference made up with a thin bushing.

EDIT: No, it’s a full unit longer - it’s two of these put together

3 Likes

Congrats on the win. Your Tuyet was always my favorite, and inspired my own entry for the contest

1 Like

Sorry to late!
I released the Instruction! :wink: (on Flicker)

13 Likes

Put that prize mask on Tuyet!

7 Likes

This is really amazing! I appreciate the instructions, but does anyone have a list of all the parts with item numbers? Some of them are hard to identify just by looking. Again, amazing work!

5 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

It would be easier for you to list which pieces are the ones you’re having difficulty identifying as opposed to having someone identify the entire thing.

3 Likes

That sounds like a good idea. I guess I was hoping that someone would happen to have a piece list handy, but if not I’ll try to compile a list of as many as I can recognize.

Okay, so here’s my attempt at a parts list for this set. It’s not perfect and I do want to go over it once more after I get a few things sorted out. If anyone could help me answer these questions, that’d be great.

• Is the piece in the chest center on page 4 an orange lightsaber?
  • There’s some piece coming out of the metru chest on page 6 that covers the rest of the lightsaber thing. Is it a Black Technic Pin 1/2 with Friction Ridges?
  • No idea what the circle thing on page 9 is.
  • What color is the Technic, Axle 1L with Pin on page 16? Also, is it with or without friction ridges (does it matter)?
  • No idea what the piece on page 17 is.
  • The piece with two axle holes on page 36 feels like it’d be very common, I just can’t find its name or part number anywhere.
  • I’ve seen that claw part on page 37 somewhere before, but I have the same problem with it as I do with the last part.
  • Don’t know what the pin-like part on page 41 is.
  • The claw-like part on page 51 that ties the sword together feels familiar, but I can’t remember from where. I also can’t tell if the axle going through the claw thing on page 51 is a 3L or 4L, but I think it’s the former, so that’s what I counted it as.
  • The obvious mystery part from page 36 reappears on page 53!
  • Don’t know the tube part on page 55, or the stud thing on page 56.

And here’s the current, incomplete parts list. I have it in an Excel spreadsheet, so I just saved it as a photo since it’s easier than trying to negotiate pasting it.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

4 Likes

Yes, trans-neon orange specifically.

No, it’s a standard Technic Pin with Friction Ridges.

Black Tire 14mm D. x 4mm Smooth Small Single.

Light Grey, without friction ridges.

Black Tile, Round 1 x 1 with Bar and Pin Holder.

Black Technic, Liftarm Thin 1 x 2 - Axle Holes.

Pearl Dark Grey Arm Mechanical, Exo-Force / Bionicle, Thick Support.

Black Technic, Link Tread Attachment, Single, Rubber.

Pearl Light Grey Bionicle Engine Rahi Sonic Jet.

It’s a 4L.

Pearl Light Grey Technic, Liftarm Thin 1 x 2 - Axle Holes.

Black Hose, Ribbed 7mm D. 2L / 1.6cm.

Flat Silver Tile, Round 1 x 1.

4 Likes

Thanks, this is a huge help! I’ll add these parts to my list and try double-check the whole thing later today.

Wanted to clear up a few questions regarding some of the colors before I posted the list. The lighting in the instructions is a little weird for me so I just wanted another pair of eyes to help me out.

• I’m not confident about the color of the Liftarm Spacer on page 7. I think light bluish gray?
  • I’m also not sure about the color of the plate on page 16. Flat silver? Light bluish gray?
  • Last is the liftarm on page 35. Dark bluish gray?

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

4 Likes

It’s flat silver.

This one’s flat silver too.

It’s pearl dark gray.

And one more thing, in your parts list you’ve put down the shoulder armour pieces as being pearl light gray, they’re both actually pearl dark gray.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’ll update my list and try to post the full parts list by tonight.
Also, my original post was flagged for advertising. Sorry if I upset anyone, or if going into MOC threads asking for parts is something that’s usually frowned upon. I appreciate all the help!

3 Likes

Oh no, there’s nothing wrong with the content of the post! It was most likely just flagged for double posting:

5 Likes

Oh, my mistake! Next time I’ll just edit my post, instead.

EDIT:
It’s done! Hopefully other people find this as useful as I know I will. There’s always the chance I made a mistake somewhere, particularly with the colors, though I did my best to count and double count.
…Now to make that BrickLink wishlist.

5 Likes