Tuyet, The Twisted Tyrant (Canon Contest #4 Entry)

Hello there! I’m pleased to finally unveil my entry into Toa Tuyet’s (as of March 2022 not coming) canon contest, Nui Stone and all.

Front, Side, and Back Views

Breakdowns

Arms

Legs

Torso

Barbed Broadsword

Disclaimer Re: Barbed Broadsword

I am aware that this sword design does not completely accurately match the descriptiors used by Greg regarding the barbed broadsword. That being said, I’ve had trouble designing one that both looks good imo and accurate (and I don’t really want to take other moccists’ designs). Eljay and Meso have both told me that my entry would be acceptable under the stipulation that the sword’s design would be changed in the art contest should my entry win. For that reason, I am not going to change the MOC’s sword at this time and accept that it will be changed in the art.

Nui Stone

Stud.io File

Stud.io File

25 Likes

HF shark heads! I love it.

5 Likes

I like this one - although the shoulders are a little wide
but i like the shark heads - it works for murderous toa of water

1 Like

Not a big fan of the nui stone design, but those shoulders and the sword look great, and really work well together to give off an aggressive, aquatic look.

4 Likes

This looks pretty nice. I like the use of the silver and mata blue along with metru blue. The sword is good as well

1 Like

They were one of the first things I decided on when designing her and I’m so glad they work as well as they do.

3 Likes

Shark shoulders! Yes!

2 Likes

I like it, but I’m still not a fan of that shoulder mod, did not like it on Bomonga I do not like it here.

However negativity aside I like the shoulder armor, the Rahkshi forearms look a bit weird to but that sword is an interesting design while still being simple.

2 Likes

aside from the mask, that is actually a really cool look, especially the hero factory shark head shoulder plates

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d like to echo what a lot of dudes have said here, the shark shoulders look sleek. I also love how your contracted you BB. Only issue I really have is with the Nui Stone, it looks a bit blocky, imo. But aside from that, everything meshes pretty well! Good work, bro.

Also Tarkur, correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t you opposed to Bomonga’s use of that mod because the voodoo ball had to stress the bicep piece to fit in there? If you look at the breakdown, this Tuyet’s shoulder socket is mounted differently compared to the standard Metru shoulder mod. In fact, the voodoo ball here doesn’t stress the bicep piece at all; it’s pretty ingenious imo how he’s managed to create articulated Metru build shoulders here without using any illegal connections to do so.

4 Likes

I saw this elsewhere but I didn’t notice till now that the nui stone looks like she ripped some toa’s brains out. Which kinda does fit her character.

2 Likes

The Huna is merely meant to be a placeholder until a canon design is decided.

2 Likes

I’ve always been against the mod because of how it looks but me learning it was semi illegal didn’t make things better.

1 Like

Did the contest start already?

1 Like

As far as I know, no—the contest isn’t slated to start for a few weeks—but I saw some other people post their entries and I figured why not get mine out there?

1 Like