Unconfirmed Phantom Images

Greg has stated he doesn’t think visually, so if he remembers anything, it’d probably be the essay.

6 Likes

So what do you guys think about something like

“Hello (Greg’s TTV username)
We believe we have found an Unseen Winner of the Dark Hunter Contest from 15 years ago.

Below is a link to his original submission pictures and his original submission essay as well as a signed Dark Hunters book.

We believe there is some merit to this story, but unfortunately he cannot find his papers signed by you stating that he is one of the winners. So we were wondering: Do you remember this entry? If you do recall this, is this Phantom?

:Insert Dropbox Link to pictures, essay, signed book, etc:“

Feel free to throw in some ideas

7 Likes

I quite like that. It might be best to show other contests that you’ve won, including letters, in order to show that Casey is legit.

Regardless, I think toaskello is the best person to ask Greg. He’s proven himself to be non-partisan throughout the whole thing. I’m still certain Greg will say something like “this is from over a decade ago I don’t remember lol,” so whatever.

4 Likes

I’m totally cool with that. You cool with that @toaskello ? I can put together a folder tonight and we can edit the text to include something about the Rahi contest too.

2 Likes

Oh, sure, if everyone else is alright with that I’d be honored, lol.

I don’t feel there’s any need to rush things since Greg isn’t currently answering questions, but I’d be happy to post the question as soon as everyone agrees on the wording.

1 Like

Was reading through the ask Greg posts and found this on our very own forum, thought it might be pertinent to drop it here:

Of course, Phantom didn’t actually appear in the DH book, but was introduced later in the encyclopedia, so some degree of extra uncertainty is there. Still felt this was relevant, though.

6 Likes

Really though, can we get a TTV member to email Greg about this once we get our draft done? He hasn’t been active on the Ask Greg section for a while now, and I think “Long lost canon Bionicle character” is more then worth TTV involvement

1 Like

Yeah, the last post he made was back in March.

The extremely optimistic side of me says it’s because he’s trying to distance himself from the Bionicle community while he’s developing Bionicle G3.
Though, the pessimistic side of me says it’s because he’s trying to distance himself from the Bionicle community.

5 Likes

with Faber

5 Likes

Since Greg hasn’t visited the site since March, his absence it more likely due to the pandemic if anything. As for why covid prevents him from posting on a fansite, I don’t know, but the timing lines up.

I hope Phantom gets canonized, but keep in mind the Dark Hunter contest was a decade and a half ago. He may feel he is unable to officially confirm it.

2 Likes

Wait he visited in March?

That’s when he agreed to the contests.

1 Like

He is working from home currently, and he only goes onto the boards from his office. That’s why.

5 Likes

There’s precedent for that with the Prisoners of the Pit contest winners being cannon, just not their names, on the page for The Pit.

Also, why aren’t the better scans of the photos what’s on the BS01 page? @Swert?

1 Like

Because they sorta got overlooked with the rest of the on going conversation, and also because the image file itself is bigger than the limit. Perhaps if cropped into for different images, it might work. I believe it’s being handled.

4 Likes

So we’ll we actually ask him about this finally in the ask greg topic? Even if he doesn’t answer right now, at least he will see it there eventually.

2 Likes

I agree. I really believe this is something that Greg needs to be reminded of on the “Ask Greg” topic. It’s a worthy question that needs to be answered. A blast from the past unearthed; even if it isn’t canonized. It’s worth trying so Casey can be at peace.

1 Like

its so crazy that we still find things like this

1 Like

I’m attempting an Ask Greg to see if we can get a response. Hopefully we can finally get Phantom to be canonized!

1 Like

I really don’t think this is Phantom, but it is definitely an accidental exclusion from the book. If we look at Primal’s entry essay vs the entry in Dark Hunters, very little is changed. This MOC’s entry essay shares a single detail with the entry in BEU. That tells me that this isn’t Phantom.

2 Likes