Unexpected piece breakages

and they have an axle connection on the front, a minifig rod on the back, and they’re smaller, making them the most useful head piece.

4 Likes

yeah those things too

1 Like

I like that Breakout at least gave us the original Glatorian head in a new colour.

3 Likes

I disagree, they’re very slightly the wrong shape for almost every previous Glatorian and Hero Factory helmet and they’re far too small to look good wearing a Kanohi, making them utterly useless for everything except the helmets they were designed for

3 Likes
I disagree with your disagreement

What are you talking about? They’re smaller, most of the HF/Glatorian helmets fit better. The only issue is the rod on the back, that’s the only thing the Glatorian head doesn’t have. I just tried it on a whole bunch:

• Surge 1.0, Stormer 1.0, Furno 10., Stringer 1.0, Breeze 1.0, Gresh, Rotor, Stronius, Strakk, Atakus, Rocka Breakout, Xplode, Fire Lord, Telluris, Mata Nui (the small one), Tuma – no issues
  • Vastus – doesn’t quite fit all the way, but it fits well enough to stay on.
  • Malum, Metus, Berix, Kirbraz, Evo Breakout, Bulk Breakout(debatable) – it fits perfectly, but those helmets lack a face and so does the head so it looks weird.
  • Perditus – this was the only one I could find that didn’t fit.

Really, the biggest issue with it there is lack of colors.

Yeah, if you attack a mask directly to the front hole, it doesn’t work – that’s pretty obvious. You can attach masks to the top hole like a Stars head and it works better, and depending on the mask you can find a way to give it eyes (somthing you cannot do at all with the glatorian head, seeing as it lacks a frontal connection). But here’s a really easy way to attach 01 masks, at least.

Here’s Kopaka with a poseable neck.

Here he is next to an unmodified Kopaka

“Why is your mask gold?”
“It looks cooler! Where’s your sword?”
“Well, where’s you shield, huh?”
“Well… why do you have an HF foot?”
“Good question.”

(the answer to all of these is “the piece was used elsewhere”)

Bonus points: I can now give Kopaka horns, or hair, or an arrow through his head. And I have done those first two on mocs

(though it is worth noting that the Nuva masks do look a bit weird due to their size, but the mata/Turaga masks are fine)

And, added bonus, they can also accommodate most G2 masks, although they will rotate up – but this can either be a feature, if you want your moc to have a flip-up visor of some sort, or simply mitigated by attaching something to the top.

In addition to all the uses I’ve already listed, they are also great for custom heads, such as these

And, although I have yet to do so, it can be used as things besides a head, like a hand design.

The only head piece that is arguably more useful is the good ol’ Mettur head, since it can be used for 90% of the classic G1 masks. But the Brain Attack head works for 90% of everything else.

Here’s something slightly more topical

8 Likes

That stud mask connection looks way better than I would have thought; it’s basically unnoticeable from the front.

4 Likes

Sorry, I must’ve misremembered that but about them being too big. I think it’s the other way round - Brain Attack helmets don’t fit only Glatorian heads.

Whatever the case, there’s still of course the question of why you’d choose the Brain Attack head over any other head. Sure, it fits most masks and helmets, but it lacks facial features and creates ugly compromises no matter which mask or helmet you put on it. It only comes in three colours, most of which older head pieces already come in. It just about works, but there’s literally no reason to choose it over any of the previous head pieces.

I’ll agree that the Brain Attack head is good for custom builds, but for its intended use as a head that can be used with any mask or helmet it does a pretty awful job.

4 Likes

Got my small collection of broken parts not counting any loose, cracked, or broken ball sockets. The knights kingdom sword was recently in a fight against a dog so I’m trying to repair it.

5 Likes

Pain

5 Likes

My brother broke that same Vahki staff last year, when he dropped the Vahki that was attached to it.

Sadge
I like chains

8 Likes

Thumbs down emoji dot wav

Was that an old dark grey chain or a bluish one?

2 Likes

Ouch, at least it’s still usable on one end

3 Likes

It looks old dark grey in the picture but it’s bluish grey

Yeah
But it’s usefulness is severely limited now
It is fun to snake the broken end through axel holes though

3 Likes

Such is the nature of broken parts :confused:

2 Likes

Hewkii Mahri

4 Likes

I’m not the one who broke it, but somehow a 2013 mold of the standard connector (part #93571) got completely broken in half. I also have a Bohrok foot that has the axle holder that sticks out the back extremely bent (as before, I’m not the one who broke it).

4 Likes