Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

I unironically like the Spice Girls Brickheadz.

2 Likes

Those aren’t real…are they?

6 Likes

It was recently announced on Brickset.

1 Like

That British flag piece/pieces might be useful

1 Like

Do other people not? They look pretty par for the course as far as Brickheadz go

I’ve seen a lot of “who even cares about the spice girls anymore” in reaction to this

I’m sure there are TFOLs who are biased against licensed themes that don’t like them. I’m not going to go into the licensed theme debate as there are valid pros and cons either way. If lego’s going for mid-90s licensed properties now, I wouldn’t mind if they did Batman Forever next.

2 Likes

Giving MOCs Theme songs is cringe.

3 Likes

:frowning_face:

1 Like

Do you disagree

Well isn’t that exactly what I did

At first I thought you meant design themes and I was super confused

I’ve never done it, but I think it’s neat to see, especially when the song was made by the builder specifically for the moc.

4 Likes

oh wait he meant themes as in theme songs

In that case, I definitely agree.

3 Likes

That is actually something really, really cool that i might try.
However using themes from video games that you didn’t make yourself i find rather cringe.

2 Likes

Yep, I want to try it too

1 Like

The only MOC I have that uses a theme song does so because the lyrics match their story extremely closely. I wouldn’t do it otherwise, especially with soundtrack music that was created for a different purpose.

1 Like

I don’t do it for MOC’s (since I no longer make MOC’s), but I occasionally do it for my own characters, which are, like, basically the same thing, so I guess I’m equally as guilty of this…

1 Like

don’t kill the cringe, kill the part that cringes

1 Like

let the cringe die.

kill it, if you have to.

7 Likes