Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

Yes, but having more fans does not make it better.

I was never arguing that, I was arguing that the more popular theme will have more support from a business perspective.

I still just don’t really know Bionicle’s characters. I mean, I know who they are, I just don’t know their personalities or stories.

before this yet again turns into a massive debate

I think building primarily with HF armour is heavily undervalued… But the true potential of the system needs the proper scale. I’m not talking about Inika builds, I’m talking about two foot sculptures.

4 Likes

Okay, here we go. Deep breath.

I like the CCBS feet.

2 Likes

It would have been awesome if they came out with more titan-sized sets, mainly as collectables.

1 Like

I think I just found my partner:laughing:
Seriously, I never really understood what is bad about them.

They’re definitely useful, though I tend to use them as parts of a torso or arm

I find they’re especially good when you cover the gap with a 3 long beam.

But I do prefer the smaller claw feet, they’re just so appealing.

3 Likes

I mean, I kind of do, but I still like them.

I agree with both of these.

1 Like

Some are terrible but they’re not all bad, the Toa masters feet piece was good.

Well, isn’t that the same piece?

they’re the same piece

Comparing it to the earlier hero factory feet*

The original HF foot piece was terrible imo, the Toa Masters one was better, I know it was originally used earlier but I forget which set introduced it.

1 Like

the 2.0 heroes in 2011, when ccbs was first introduced

Was HF 1.0 not ccbs? My bad.

I honestly never understood what the problem is with CCBS. I always enjoyed it. Especially when mixed with Bio pieces.

I’m not sure how unpopular an opinion this is, but

X

Forever!

Edited for double post- Prentice1215

1 Like

I honestly kind of think that believing Bionicle will never, ever come back is nearly as ridiculous and unfounded as saying it 100% will.

Now, I’m not saying it’s a 50-50 chance, and I definitely would be more on the side of it not coming back if it came to pure reason, but I choose to believe it can and might because of nothing besides sheer hope and optimism.

Are my expectations in check? I certainly think so. Are my criticisms of pessimistic outlooks on the whole ordeal perhaps a bit extreme? Most likely.

3 Likes

I never really had any problem with overly specialized LEGO pieces. Sure, they are difficult to use, but that is the fun part. Finding good uses for those types of parts. It’s more challenging and fun than using casual pieces.

1 Like

Yes! That was some of the charm of some of the older sets, (especially space) I mean, whatever happened to 3d baseplates?

1 Like