Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

The Witcher TV show is garbage and people should stop pretending it’s good just cause Henry Cavill is the only decent part of the entire thing.

2 Likes

Andor is too blah and violent. And Apple TV is junk.

Yeah, and the funniest thing here is that they fired him. So now there’s literally nothing good about it left

Edit: wait, I just realised something: it’s even funnier because Cavill wasn’t fired, he left all by himself because he didn’t like what the writers were doing to the show

4 Likes

Yes! Now we can legally prove that the show is awful!

Ops me dum dum…it’s been a very long time since I’ve watched it, I was so sure there was problems or stuff in the training course he couldn’t do until he’s buff, but thanks for correcting me.

Now I want to scrunch up into a ball and cry because I physically felt my boards rep drop a point :cry:

Hence the question mark at the end, I suspect it is not a super controversial take.

4 Likes

Nahhh, man, you’re good! I’m just being a pedantic nutcase. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

No seriously though, if you hadn’t corrected me I would have never known otherwise and would have kept reinforcing my fabricated memory, which is useless as sooner or later it would get pulled out from under me!

1 Like

Ok, here are a few unpopular opinions I can think of now:

1. SW: TCW is one of the most overrated animated tv shows ever made, not just in star wars but in general. (Don’t get Me wrong, It’s a great show that added a lot of fantastic elements to both the prequel era and the whole saga, but sometimes, it gets too much praise within the fandom.)

2. The Dragon Prince is an undeservedly underrated modern gem that needs much more popularity and appreciation.

3. The 1990 Total Recall was one of Paul Verhoeven’s best films.

4. Spielberg’s ending to the 2001 A.I. film was way better than Kubrick’s version.

5. The Ninjago series is a mediocre show that is okay but nothing spectacular.

And finally, 6: Jurassic Park needs a reboot that is more faithful to the novel but has more up-to-date dino depictions and is rated R.

:v:

3 Likes

Jurassic Park definitely needs a modern sequel or reboot with updated Dino’s and a better plot.

3 Likes

Plot-wise, the only Jurassic films that needed to exist were the first and last ones

2 Likes

I think Jurassic Park 2 was pretty important. Definitely more so than JP3

5 Likes

We did get Isla Sorna there, and more Goldblum, and a little more Injen set up. I just wish the “dinos on the mainland” plot was leaned into fully in the second one, rather than a whole reboot trilogy just to get there.

There’s also the matter of me never reading the books so idk how that plays into sequel plot

2 Likes

While I agree with this for the first 3 seasons, I felt like season 4 kind of dropped the ball and was a bit of a letdown. I also think part of the reason it’s not as popular nowadays is due to the almost 3-year gap between seasons 3 and 4 and that season 4 was not received well by fans. I hope season 5 in July can somewhat right the ship, but who really knows if it will or not

3 Likes

I can understand why you felt that way about S04, but TBH, I genuinely enjoyed it.
The jokes were a bit jarring at times, no doubt.
But overall, I think it was as good as Season 2 was, at least.

As for the show’s quality being improved in the upcoming season, I’m pretty confident that S05 will be much better.
As you mentioned, the first three seasons were great, but the first one was a bit rough. (it’s mostly had the same issues as s04, but it was worse IMO… ) Now, comparing S01 to the following two seasons, you can tell that the difference in quality between them was significant.

BTW to prove my point even more: a few months ago, Aaron Ehasz said in an interview that they heard the feedback and will keep listening to them in the future. He also mentioned that, from now on, they will focus on toning down the humor and that the story will get more mature and darker as the plot progresses.

So, I think everything will be fine here. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes
  1. I don’t like The Office.
  2. The Office was better when Michael Scott left.
  3. The Lego Movie is my favorite movie (and I am not a little kid and I’ve seen other really famous and popular movies) and I think it should be ranked up there with the really famous ones (don’t know if that’s necessarily an unpopular opinion, though).
  4. Top Gun and the sequel, Top Gun Maverick, are boring and overrated.
  5. The Shining (and yes, I realize that’s a very adult movie) is probably the 2nd worst movie I’ve ever seen, only to 2001: A Space Odessey, because of its confusing plot, unlikable characters, and… unnecessary scenes.
2 Likes

Now that is a hot take if I ever heard one.

4 Likes

across the spider-verse was mid

3 Likes

Rise of The Beasts was epic, and DOTM was bad.

1 Like

ROTB was a messy movie that was unsure of what it wanted to be

6 Likes

The Clone Wars is overrated as a whole, but has many good episodes and arcs on their own.

2 Likes