Unpopular opinions about music

I like weird time but if you can’t back it up with quality sound it’s pointless

1 Like

Yeah… I get frustrated when people say “tHiS sOnG iS sO cOoL BeCaUsE iT iS sO uNiQuE aNd CoMpLeX”… the more elements to a song there are… the more chaotic it is (usually at least).

I would rather have a consistently good song than one that is pure gimmick and complexity.

Another example of this kind of thing (this might cause division) is why SOME people praise magic the gathering. The length of a rulebook doesn’t impress me, just as complexity or gimmick in music for the sake of gimmick is not impressive

1 Like

Octopus’s Garden is the best Beatles song

1 Like

I personally like obladi-oblada

2 Likes

I have a extremely rare misprint of the album that ones from. Sadly the pressing is wrong and it sounds warped

And chaos doesn’t make a song bad either. With a lot of metal, prog metal especially, the sense of relentless noise amplifies the experience. I do think that making a song with several time/tempo changes for no good reason won’t make for a good song; but a good riff or rhythm will make it work.

You should learn to play Go. The game can be entirely explained in maybe four sentences; the entire strategy of the game is derived afterward.

1 Like

Ill look into it

Here’s another opinion I think will be unpopular on the boards: I don’t really like metal, but I get a weird wave of mild interest in it sometimes. I have a feeling most people here either love it or hate it, but mine is that it’s intriguing but I haven’t found anything I particularly love out of iy

1 Like

Rob Halford sucks at hitting the high notes.

1 Like

i prefer kick axe

1 Like

One of the most underrated 20th century modernist composers, to be sure.

1 Like

This might just be unpopular among grunge/nineties alt fans but
Creed> Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden isn’t that great. I like Spoonman, and I kind of like black hole sun, but I’m not a huge fan. They’re good, but I don’t see how they’re one of the biggest grunge/nineties alt bands

they’re so far on the stereotype scale that my teacher thought they were a retro parody band

1 Like

I can’t stand Billie Eilish

3 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Dave Mustaine has an angelical voice

Green Day after American idiot is rarely worth listening to. Their ‘94 album (not sure if the name is considered inappropriate lol) is the best imo

Iron Maiden without Bruce isn’t ■■■■■■■ Iron Maiden. I don’t care how good their first 2 albums were, they didn’t really begin until NotB. Megadeth is not better than Metallica, and Load/ReLoad don’t entirely suck. Babymetal is an abomination that should not exist. And…I don’t really care if SoaD ever drops a new album because Serj is doing fine by himself.

2 Likes

We found the classic metal and prog rock guy

1 Like

All the music industry has is hip hop, autotune, Soundcloud rappers…I just want to grill for godsake!

2 Likes