Unpopular opinions about music

We need another ska revival. Worried it’d be in the form of ska rap though…

1 Like

yo yo, you’re an all star

3 Likes

That’s… All Star isn’t ska

@EmperorDuckie As long as you’re not against the alternative rock that Bionicle uses.

My unpopular opinion- besides a small group of songs with good story, I don’t really care what genre a song is I will enjoy it if it has a good beat/rhythm, as long as its dialog is not too vulgar.

1 Like

It’s kind of cheesy and over the top edgy but not bad

1 Like

Classical is the best kind of music. Also who knows who Carl Ditters Von Dittersdorf is? (Yes he is a real person)

I suppose it depends on where you are and when you grow up. Saying modern music sucks isn’t a new thing, it means you’re just getting older.

Different genres also depending on your social group. I was always a rock/alternative guy, but everyone else at my schools either listened to exclusively rap or country music.

Despite being a late millennial/early zoomer, I’ve always listened to classic rock and lately I’ve been trying out other genres of music, like jazz, blues or rap.

I’m actually kinda young, and I don’t think that new music is bad, I just think that old music is better.

90s alt rock ballads are underrated, and far surpass most eighties ballads imo

Music is like candy- you take in the good stuff and then throw away the rappers.

Although, I do know that some clean rap exists, which I’m fine with.

3 Likes

I like a lot of classic 80’s music but I think most of Bon Jovi’s songs are kind of lame and a little cringe at times.

i don’t like rap (i personally despise trap hip-hop) but i don’t like the anti-rap circlejerk either

sabaton isn’t bad but they’re not that good, and all of their songs that get regularly memed by reddit pale in comparison to some of their other songs

also (modern) anime music is cringe

1 Like

I feel the need to tag @Chronicler based on a call a few nights ago.

Rap bad.

3 Likes

Guitar solos should come back to mainstream music

3 Likes

Why is this an unpopular opinion

1 Like

call me mainstream but 21p is one of the best bands out there.

along with Imagine Dragons.

I can’t stand them, but 21p is alright

why tho.

edit: Admittedly, about 40-50% of the reason I like them so much is because I have a high level of nostalgic attachment to a few specific songs (Natural, Bad Liar, and Radioactive, to name a few off the top of my head)

2 Likes

Imagine Dragons is one of those bands where I only like a few of their songs, but can’t get into the rest of their work.

Though, that applies for most bands.

1 Like