Unpopular opinions about music

So uh, idk why this isn’t a thing. Here we go: Piraka rap is unironically better than most modern rap. And my gf likes it, and she listens to it pretty consistently

10 Likes

I would actually agree

Also, most modern pop is bad

6 Likes

Is disliking most modern pop music unpopular by definition, or does it count as a popular, if countercultural, opinion? :thinking: Wow, I had started typing this before Nogus posted, wasn’t meant to be questioning their post. :stuck_out_tongue:

Uhhh… people need to listen to more jazz. Maybe that’s an unpopular thing to think nowadays. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

That raises a legitimate question - is an opinion “unpopular” because it’s held by a minority, or because certain “tastemakers” have voiced a contrary opinion that everyone seems to follow?

In this case, ‘I don’t like modern pop’ is probably not a majority opinion, since pop music has the assumption that the majority of people will like it, but in the rock/metal circles that I identify most with, most people there would dislike it, and the vocal ‘tastemakers’ would voice that same opinion. As a metal fan, liking pop music would be considered an unpopular opinion.

Anyway, my controversial opinion is that Nickelback isn’t as bad as the ‘popular opinion’ would have you believe.

3 Likes

music isn’t good anymore

follow me on spotify

9 Likes

That’s a good point

am I the only one who likes the rap segment from bionicle age unironically?

1 Like

wait… she listens to modern rap or the piraka rap?

I tend to agree, I am not impressed by modern pop, In fact I haven’t been interested in any pop since 2012-13.

I wish that American pop had followed some of the Euro-pop that existed around that era as well. I really like the Norwegian artist Alexander Rybak and I wish American pop had kept some of the key features that existed in his music, non-synthesized instruments, interesting rythms, and cliche lyrics, I would rather listen to a song about a happy world than a song filled with swearing and dark themes.

Yes

five characters

1 Like

C418s other music eclipses the music he made for minecraft. (His other stuff is better)

My girlfriend also likes the piraka rap, fellow chad. I do not care for modern rhythmically applied phrasing, vulgar language is a sign of a poor vernacular.

7 Likes

the term is actually “rhythm and poetry”

as one of my professors said, “obscenity is the hallmark of an amateur”

3 Likes

Agreed. I’ll even sometimes prefer clean versions of songs, and stay away from stuff with heavy drug, alcohol, and suggestive themes

1 Like

No, you’re wrong. I am correct.

6 Likes

rap bad

6 Likes

Beethoven’s 9th gets all the hype, but I enjoy the 7th more.

4 Likes

Beethoven schmethoven, Chopin is where it’s at :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You clearly are mistaken

nevermind then, I recall watching the channel of a member of the ttv message boards, and they swore a few times and I couldn’t remember who it was for some reason. Sorry about that!

1 Like

Making your song needlessly complex with weird, changing time signatures and convoluted rhythms doesn’t necessarily make it better or good.

A lot of anime songs seem to do this.

2 Likes