Ventsah, The Dying Ember

The stories vary as to how Ventsah, the once great Toa of Fire, fell from the light. Some say a betrayal pushed her to it, others claim she herself was the betrayer, and still some claim she had no choice in the matter, but the origin of the tyrant matters little to most. The self proclaimed “Empress of Ash” has long since given up the mantle of “Toa”, instead choosing to rule the fire region with an iron fist, crushing all who would dare oppose her rule…

So I’ve been wanting to make this moc for a while. I’ve that awesome mask by Modalt Masks lying around for a while, and I’ve had her backstory (something I rarely put thought into) in my head for a while, so last night while watching @Connor_Hoffman’s stream, I decided to finally make her. She’s not super stable, but aside from that I’m suuuper happy with how she turned out. I think I captured the whole demon motif pretty well, and I hope the wings/tail don’t look too out of place on a toa moc. The forearms are supposed to represent gloves, so that would explain why they splay out so much. The lack of red in the color scheme is intentional as it its supposed to represent how the element of fire has forsaken her and been corrupted by shadow. I’ve rambled for long enough, plus no one ever reads this stuff, so without further ado, here is Ventsah, the Fallen Toa, The Dying Ember, The Black Flame, the Empress of Ash!

A servent to a darker master…

Thanks for viewing, constructive criticism welcome!

36 Likes

I really like how you combined the Painted Huna with those Printed CCBS shells from Fire Lord… It adds a very nice flow to the MOC!

2 Likes

Good use of the Ben 10 torso, and also, nice photography!

2 Likes

Good lord, so many generations of parts blended together seamlessly, and I just adore those system-built forearms!

2 Likes

Thanks, I was really happy with how they matched as well.

Thank you! I really try to put some effort into the photography, so I’m glad you liked it.

Thanks, though the forearm design isn’t my design, I’ve seen it used tons of other places. Funnily enough though, it was the arms that took me the longest to build, all of the previous designs I tried ended up looking too bulky.

3 Likes

The mask is awesome (I am assuming that it is from modalt masks)

1 Like

Tis indeed! Some of the best 10 bucks I’ve spent in my life.

Yours or not, it’s good stuff all the same :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like