Vojeryl the Monster (Red Star Zombie Contest Entry)

(Update 11/24/2022) The contest has begun! Please consider voting for my entry: group 2, entry 11.

Happy belated Halloween, everybody! A new fanon contest is upon us and I’ve decided to take part. Instead of reimagining a canon character in this format, I decided to make an original character and come up with a backstory for him. Introducing: Vojeryl the Monster.

Toa Vojeryl

Species: Toa of Earth
Kanohi: Roka, Great Mask of Stillkeeping
Pieces: 133

Vojeryl was once the Toa of Earth that led the Hagah team protecting Makuta Minyak. He confronted Minyak once he learned of the Brotherhood’s plan to commit the Iron Genocide but was ultimately killed by him to maintain the secret. Like most of the dead, Vojeryl was sent to the Red Star and was trapped there. The longer he stayed, the more he ignored everything that was happening to him (including but not limited to his armor rusting and the Kestora satisfying their curiosities); time away from life has driven him mad and he is consumed by incoherent thoughts of getting revenge on Minyak, unaware that his former master was killed millennia ago.

Vojeryl wears the Great Kanohi Roka, Mask of Stillkeeping, which enables him to completely stop the movement of any object, even to the point that it floats in midair, until he lets go–living beings can also get caught in the mask’s power, but those with greater willpower can more easily break out. However, as a result of some “experiments” run on him by the Kestora, he has since lost access to the mask’s power.

How to build?

The Studio file can be found here. Do note two things:

1. The file requires the Community Day Colorpack in order to display correctly, which can be found here. This is primarily for the Kalmah armor.
  2. The Lehvak shield must be painted silver, as it only came out in green. This figure is completely purist otherwise.

Trivia

• Vojeryl’s name is pronounced voh-HEH-ril. Essentially, the J is pronounced as it is in Spanish.
  • Vojeryl will react very poorly to Toa Pohatu’s appearance on the Red Star; though his senses are diminished, the Toa’s orange armor would very much remind him of his Makuta.
21 Likes

oooo creepy and cool!

2 Likes

If he was in a normal state of mind, I can imagine him using his mask to beat up any Kestora that get too curious…
Nice design, by the way. I like how his armor looks organic, but doesn’t clash with the Hero Factory helmet.

3 Likes

Ooh this moc looks pretty creepy! The asymmetrical design does well at conveying an undead or disheveled look, and the backstory is nice as well. Great moc

2 Likes

Really love the organic design

2 Likes

Huh, the red and black Kalmah armor really sells the zombified look.

3 Likes

Tried to download the instructions theres a password

1 Like