Was 2009 on par with 2001?

When you think about it, 2009 was close to 2001, maybe not in quality, but hear me out.

1- More tribal feel
2-No big city, nothing to go on, simplicity itself!
3-New characters that we hardly know
4-When the hero(es) arrive, the village is in danger(Rahi, Skrall)

It just felt similar, and while I sometimes prefer '01, '09 was a great year, and might be more like the original year than most think.

Your thoughts?

10 Likes

09 was great IMO. just too short.

9 Likes

Agreed. Not enough sets. Had it been extended into 2010, I would have bought it.

Before I wasn’t into Bionicle, therefore I bought only 4 sets.
I deeply regret that desicion.

2 Likes

They had more of an ancient roman/greek vibe if anything (hence the gladiators)

3 Likes

Depends on how you look at it. But Greek works to. I’m talking about the bone and claw weapons, fighting, etc.

1 Like

well 09 wasn’t my favorite year because it felt rushed the location the enemies the confused matau(me) the different planets then there were two waves of glatorian i mean what? i know now that one wave were prime glatorian but the recolors of the inika build were great i wish i bought some especially ackar um but i did get the awesome titan mata nui :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You
Are
Luckkkkkkyyyyyy

You got Toa Mata Nui??? I only got a Zesk…

3 Likes

not this one

this one

4 Likes

I know heh.
You are so lucky! Are much were those on release?

1 Like

I’d say 2009 was pretty good; it was just The Legend Reborn that wasn’t too great.

5 Likes

Most of the movies were kinda mediocre. Not bad, just mediocre…

3 Likes

i just looked up on legomation studios video because i forgot and i guess it was 50

True enough, though I think TLR was a further step down from the Mirimax trilogy.

4 Likes

But you gotta admit that the animation was amazing. Loved how they made the characters rusty and actually looked like the sets.

Plus they had some “show-stopping” one-liners

Tuma: I’m going to enjoy - electricity crackling - tearing that fancy mask, FROM YO FACE!

Strakk: You’re finished old ma - gets kicked by mata nui

Kiina: WOOHOOHOOO!!!

5 Likes

I liked that bit.

I hated that bit.

3 Likes

I liked the Miramax films because they didn’t make the characters look exactly like the sets. It was okay if they looked liked the sets for HF, but for Bionicle? No.

3 Likes

agreed, I though the comics and books were actually pretty good

1 Like

When it comes to Bionicle years, '09 was my least favorite. I suppose it could have partially been due to external reasons, but even yet it was unfamiliar and kind of underwhelming. The Skrall weren’t very threatening compared to the almighty Makuta of the previous year, and the characters were unfamiliar and seldom interesting.

Dunno. I really didn’t like '09, but I did really like MNOG when I first played it. Sure, it’s a biased opinion, but it’s the only one I have.

2 Likes

The Miramax films were amazing, but the Legend Reborn kindbof fell short.

Its understandable why you don’t like 2009, but it was still a great year to me :smile:

1 Like

I loved 2009.The only set i got was Fero & Skirmix though.