Wasted Story Opportunities

In the later part of G1’s life the world of bionicle was so massive that following all of the various storylines was quite intensive. As such there were many times that it felt like the world was leading up to something but then would quickly brush the details under the carpet so the overarching theme for the year would be the most prominent.

So my question is, what would have been some interesting stories to be expanded if LEGO had more resources to follow though on creating them.

Personally I really wished that Teridax’s Reign was more fleshed out. To me it felt like there was all of this potential for minor characters to really show how interesting they were(characters like the chronicler’s company or Helrix) but the arc was either too brief or simply not covered at all when they suddenly showed up at Spherus Magna.

7 Likes

Yeah it would be cool to know what happened when Makuta took over.

The Spherus Magna arc after 2009. We could have had Bionicle dinos, but nooooooooooooooooooooooo. We had to end the series in 2010. :angry:

14 Likes

Personally I would have really liked it if they fleshed out the League of Six Kingdoms concept introduced as it was just glanced over slightly and tossed aside.

The same can be said for the Hand of Arthaka, who was this group and what major events did they partake in? All we know is that they were a group that watched over the MU during its construction and then disbanded.

3 Likes

I would have liked to see what Tuyet would have done during Reign Of Shadows.

1 Like

I would have to say the Toa Hagah.
Like what’s the point of making only 2 Toa sets explain the story of the Toa Hagah’s transformation to Rahaga.

8 Likes

The 1000 years of stuff they skip over between 05 and 01.

8 Likes

How about more Toa Hagah. And why did Antroz even GET Hagah? He’s like a stupider Icarax that’s also a lot weaker. He’s the least important of the Karda Nui Makuta >.>

EDIT: Well, actually, Bitil was less important. Antroz at least stole the Jetrax.

4 Likes

The Matoran and Turaga were just sitting around on Mata Nui. I don’t see very many story opportunities there.

3 Likes

I’m not so sure, granted there isn’t any overly valuable plot point that would have affected the story overall but its in these lulls of action that a good writer can build upon their character. Giving them some small challenge to overcome and grow or as some anecdotal reference later on.

2 Likes

A lot happened in the MU, too.

I would’ve liked to see more of the plant Karzahni. He was a pretty neat character, though I suppose he was doomed to remain in relative obscurity since he didn’t have a set.

3 Likes

The League of Six Kingdoms era/rise of the Barraki would have been great to hear more about

3 Likes

now that you mention it, dinobots would be pretty sweet!

3 Likes

That opportunity wasn’t wasted, was it? There was a decent amount of story info about what happened.

Norik and Iruini were the only Toa Hagah to appear in-story in their Toa forms, at the time that the sets were produced; the other Hagah were known to have had Toa forms but they were never seen until long after the Iruini and Norik sets.

2 Likes

I wanted to go down the Lego isle in 2010 and pick-up an Element Lord set. Next year I would’ve bought all the dinosaurs.

3 Likes

Didn’t know that… I haven’t read all the books and haven’t read any of the serials…

Do you remember the serial scene where Guardian was sucked into the ground?
Basically that. All the time.

1 Like

Um (Also assuming you’re replying to me in which case why didn’t you reply to me?)

Oh. Don’t know how I missed that bit.
You should read some of 'em.

2 Likes