What do you listen to while MOCing?

(There are like three different category where this could fit, so mods or whoever, just put it where you think it belongs.) The title pretty much says it all. What do you listen to while MOCing, and how does it inform your creative process? The question just popped in my head, and was curious to see what other’s methods were.

10 Likes

Either a podcast, book, or music.

Whatever I’m typically listening to beforehand.

2 Likes

so imma be honest with you, I haven’t moced much in a while

If it’s a podcast or video that doesn’t require my visual attention, it’ll usually be something about worldbuilding, mapmaking, or D&D.

As far as music goes, just whatever I’m listening to at the time.

And then on the days where I’m feeling particularly inspired, I’ll find a 2-hour playlist on YouTube of epic instrumental music.

2 Likes

Mostly just the sound of my dehumidifier running :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, usually, I’m just listening to whatever I happen to have on TV at the moment (the shows from the 60’s and 70’s seem to get me inspired, since I came up with the design for Toa Koda’s mechanical arm while watching Green Acres… don’t ask why, since I can’t figure that out myself :stuck_out_tongue:).

4 Likes

Often a music playlist, podcasts or just have TV on my phone that I kinda watch.

I don’t tend to listen to anything while MOCing; usually MOCing is one of my activities to de-tech for a while.

4 Likes

Music and political debates are my go-to’s.

2 Likes

MOCing back the early 2010s, I remember listening to dubstep mixes on Youtube. Didn’t do much since then, but when I was making my Helryx entry, I was listening to the Drome Racers OST, Bionicle Heroes OST, and of course Cryoshell.

1 Like

I listen to podcasts most of the time. I particularly enjoy listening to Ben Cossy’s podcasts, since those often get me inspired.

2 Likes

this

4 Likes

While MOCing/Drawing Bionicle I can only listen Cryoshell. Isn’t that logical?

2 Likes

I usually listen to “Bionicle” music but lately I’ve been listening to The Dollar Triology soundtrack. I also like to listen to Simon and Garfunkel or The Beatles.

3 Likes

Depends on what I’m building, but often its Synthwave and hard rock, occasionally some smooth jazz.

1 Like

Whatever media I’m working through. I like to think. Anything that gives me fodder to think with through multiple avenues so that I keep thinking through the process of what I’m building.

2 Likes

Usually nothing. If I’m in the zone, it breaks my focus.

1 Like

My own breathing. The pounding of my heart as I reach a milestone. The sound of parts clicking together, becoming a new whole. I am one with the Legos, and the Legos are with me.

13 Likes

Legos

Are you really one with them? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m a plebeian who builds on the floor, so headphone wires often get tangled. As such, I don’t listen to much music while MOCing. However, just listening to conversations going on around me sort of acts like white noise that helps me concentrate.

When drawing, it varies wildly. As I work on my Helryx piece, I’ve been going through a set of about twelve cassette tapes I found at a rummage sale. Half of them are Christmas music, and the rest are a mix of experimental 80s music and classical.

3 Likes

I build in my basement so no headphones :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

noise

2 Likes